Shoutbox

Display picture changing API type things? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Display picture changing API type things? (/showthread.php?tid=62415)

Display picture changing API type things? by tool++ on 07-03-2006 at 12:59 PM

Ok so over at Hydrogen Audio there's a plugin that can change your display picture to your foobar albumart.

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=45771

However, it sometimes works, but now does not work, and noone can figure out why. I'm presuming people here know far more about the way MSN works, or why it just wont work.

I've tried everything like uninstalling MSN + deleting registry keys (is there a way to completely wipe MSN + account data and all data about it [registry, files, etc] from your PC?).

It used to work with 7.5, then stopped working with 7.5 and now I'm using Live.

Could it be something to do with deleting Windows Messenger? If so, how would I go about putting windows messenger back on my PC (install from microsoft site doesn't work).

Ideas?

RE: Display picture changing API type things? by RaceProUK on 07-03-2006 at 06:26 PM

IIRC, WLM uses a different method of updating the Now Playing, so you may need an updated plugin.

RE: Display picture changing API type things? by TheSteve on 07-04-2006 at 12:41 AM

quote:
Could it be something to do with deleting Windows Messenger?
Yes, the external Messenger API will stop working if you remove Windows Messenger.

I assume to remove it, you did something like this?
code:
RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\inf\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

If so, you can try something like this: (Note: I haven't tested it, so I cannot be sure that it works)
code:
RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\inf\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Install.App
RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\inf\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Install.Shared
RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\inf\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Install.Reg

RE: Display picture changing API type things? by tool++ on 07-04-2006 at 07:17 AM

It seems to be a step in the right direction, but it doesn't actually work.

Thanks for the help, I think I'm going to reinstall windows as there's a lot of other things which are going a bit wrong (system32 isn't a system path so I have to cd to the system32 folder to do ANYTHING)

etc

Thanks TheSteve <3