Shoutbox

New Script: dynamic DP changer based on mood from emoticons - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: New Script: dynamic DP changer based on mood from emoticons (/showthread.php?tid=62431)

New Script: dynamic DP changer based on mood from emoticons by ramik on 07-03-2006 at 03:43 PM

I am working on a script to change the Display Picture depending on mood from emoticons in chat messages, then change back to original DP after x seconds (currently hardcoded to 10, maybe i'll make it dynamic later).

for ex when you send :D the DP will be something about happy, when you send :@ DP will be something about angry.

Basic testing is working, need to check for bugs, then the most important thing to find the DP pics to use, if somebody have a list of free nice DP pictures that reflect the mood (happy/angry/sad/normal/laugh/cry), i'd appreciate it...

script will be ready soon....

RE: New Script: dynamic DP changer based on mood from emoticons by segosa on 07-03-2006 at 04:44 PM

Include a bunch of DPs by default by all means, but make sure users can customise them too.

RE: New Script: dynamic DP changer based on mood from emoticons by Thor on 07-03-2006 at 04:49 PM

That would be a cool script, close too a MeeGoo (well, it won't move, and it will take longer time to get it showing at the other contact but), I would maybe use it... Maybe some copies of my avatar with diffrent colors. :)

RE: New Script: dynamic DP changer based on mood from emoticons by BudsieBuds on 07-03-2006 at 08:44 PM

That's really cool.

Keep up the good work...  ;)

~Budsie

RE: New Script: dynamic DP changer based on mood from emoticons by segosa on 07-03-2006 at 09:16 PM

Since I wanted this for myself I coded it earlier, but I won't release it as it was originally your idea.

Although I'm already bored of that idea, mainly due to a lack of good images to use. :(

Ah well, it was fun to code.