Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! Live wont work - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus! Live wont work (/showthread.php?tid=62434)

Messenger Plus! Live wont work by lynz00 on 07-03-2006 at 04:03 PM

I have a problem with live plus! i have got the new version of msn live (Window Live Messenger) and i recently downloaded live plus for it but it hasn't worked for me!! can anybody help me out so that it may work for me???

RE: Messenger Plus! Live wont work by Voldemort on 07-03-2006 at 04:04 PM

What error message does it tell you?

RE: Messenger Plus! Live wont work by lynz00 on 07-03-2006 at 04:09 PM

i dont get an error message! when ive got it and ive loged back into msn it takes me through the steps to complete the setup but it hasn't work :S

RE: Messenger Plus! Live wont work by Thor on 07-03-2006 at 04:12 PM

Hmm... Just to check; in the conversations, do u see the MP!L icons? And if they're there, does the sound feature work?

RE: Messenger Plus! Live wont work by lynz00 on 07-03-2006 at 04:15 PM

ye i do see the icons but they dont work!! when i click them it makes a ping noise to say that ya cant click them!

RE: Messenger Plus! Live wont work by bteamvan on 07-03-2006 at 08:06 PM

Oh, I also face the same problem!  Does anyone have any idea what I should do?

Big thanks!

RE: Messenger Plus! Live wont work by Voldemort on 07-03-2006 at 08:14 PM

Yes.
Please:
Uninstall WLM and Msg Plus! Live
Delete their folders in Program Files
Reboot
Redownload and Reinstall WLM and Plus!
That should do the trick

RE: Messenger Plus! Live wont work by Patchou on 07-03-2006 at 09:49 PM

additional note to what's described above: after uninstalling Messenger, remember to delete the entire "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger" directory.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live wont work by FineWolf on 07-03-2006 at 10:18 PM

Close Messenger Live.

Start - > Run

Enter the following in the box:

code:
cmd /k del /F /Q "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\riched20.dll"

Press OK

Close the window that just appeared.

Restart Messenger
RE: Messenger Plus! Live wont work by eastwood97 on 07-04-2006 at 10:41 AM

I have the same problem, I did all you propose...
- Uninstall WLM and MSG plus
- delete folder
- reboot
- reinstall latest downloads of today
- same problem

When I click on Plus! in WLM it gives me two options in the pull-down:

software not loaded
==============
about Messenger Plus!

That's all, if I click on software not loaded it comes back with:

Messenger Plus! Live - Error Detected
------------------------------------------------
An error occurred which prevented Messenger Plus! Live
from loading properly. You can try reinstalling the software
or wait for an update to be available.

And it point then to this website.

Where can I find what error it detects so it cannot load ???
Is there a switch I can use so it shows me what goes wrong ?

Thanks,

Clint.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live wont work by lynz00 on 07-04-2006 at 11:41 AM

i tried uninstalling WLM and Msg Plus! Live and deleting their folders in Program Files and rebooting the computer but it never worked i still cant see any colour names or use any of the sounds in Msg Plus! Live :S

RE: Messenger Plus! Live wont work by Salem on 07-04-2006 at 04:34 PM

Are you by any chance using any other Windows Live MEssenger patches/add-ons?

~Salem(@)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live wont work by lynz00 on 07-04-2006 at 10:53 PM

what do u mean?? i dont think i am!!

RE: Messenger Plus! Live wont work by bteamvan on 07-05-2006 at 08:24 AM

Thank you all.  It's now working!

RE: Messenger Plus! Live wont work by Hyrulio on 07-05-2006 at 01:29 PM

ive had WLM since one of the first betas, and the final version for a week or so now... just tried to downloas and install MPL but when i try and run the installer i get the error message...

"

scrap that.. i just tried to install again to copy the message and its worked.. thanks for any help you may have offered though (Y)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live wont work by mellie_x on 07-16-2006 at 05:53 AM

hey does anyone know why when i download Messenger Plus! Live

and when i try to install it and open it, it tells me its not a
valid win32 application

i dont understand why its saying this because it worked on one of my computers but not the other one..

its really random
anyone got an idea of what i can do to get it to work?

Melle.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live wont work by Duckness on 07-16-2006 at 09:56 AM

I had the same problem when I tried to reinstall it! I just saved it with another name! So press right click on the download button and choose Save target As ... and fill in another name then the name that's standing there! Just open it after downloading! Normally it will work now!

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live wont work by lesbass on 07-16-2006 at 10:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by FineWolf
Close Messenger Live.

Start - > Run

Enter the following in the box:
code:
cmd /k del /F /Q "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\riched20.dll"

Press OK

Close the window that just appeared.

Restart Messenger

this one was just perfect for me... tnx so much!
RE: Messenger Plus! Live wont work by Duckness on 07-16-2006 at 10:34 AM

Still not working here! Got the same problem as yesterday! But I could reinstall everything yesterday but I don't want to do that every day! There might be coming a new update today or tomorow! So, maybe this is the solution! But you can always give me another solution!

Duckness

RE: Messenger Plus! Live wont work by Hyrulio on 07-16-2006 at 10:38 PM

i suggest what i did.... download it again, the first time it just didnt download fully due to a popup getting in the way (long story, ending in 3 minutes of a frozen laptop and clicking too much on the "X" and interupting the download)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live wont work by Salmonaxe on 07-17-2006 at 10:08 AM

Help!! I've tried everything on this forum, deleted live, deleted msn, deleted folders, ran the script supplied

code:cmd /k del /F /Q "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\riched20.dll"

but still nothing, I get the same software not loaded msg that i always got. Its really very odd. Anything else that i should try?

RE: Messenger Plus! Live wont work by gubbe on 07-17-2006 at 11:39 AM

I seem to be having exactly the same problem. I'm using the Live Messenger 8.0.0792 and MP!L 4.01.0.240. I've just uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled everything, run the code - and still nothing works!

I had hoped that last night's update of MP!L would have fixed the problem, but to no avail... What's next for me?

RE: Messenger Plus! Live wont work by Felu on 07-17-2006 at 11:48 AM

Have you seen this?

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Hi,

many of you are currently reporting problems about sounds notworking, commands not been recognised, quick texts failing, etc... mostof these problems tend to be caused by Messenger patches that removetoo many thigns from the Messenger interface (like Clean Messenger). Ifyou're experiencing this kind of issue, please uninstall Windows LiveMessenger, delete "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger" and reinstall itfrom Microsoft's web site.

[Edit by WDZ: Another possible solution posted by -!Felu!- here: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?pid=678813

I'm currently working on possible ways to make Messenger Plus! Livemore "patch friendly" but in the meantime, remember to always ensurethat you are using a clean Messenger before you report any problem.

Thank you,
Patchou

RE: Messenger Plus! Live wont work by gubbe on 07-17-2006 at 12:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -!Felu!-
Have you seen this?

I hadn't seen it. However, as I'm not running any patches on top of MSN Live - for me - it shouldn't be an issue...

RE: Messenger Plus! Live wont work by Salmonaxe on 07-17-2006 at 01:20 PM

*nods*

No other programs running here. not in the mood to format my pc, but when i get home tonight i will try on my other pc, perhaps its one of my anti-virus/spam/spyware/ whatever else is running on this pc, that is stopping the update from working.

If i have the same problem I will let everyone know, if i don't i will still let everyone know. 

RE: Messenger Plus! Live wont work by Salmonaxe on 07-17-2006 at 04:39 PM

Okay fine, I managed to log into my newly installed messanger on my other pc, barely, but now i don't have any contacts displayed, and my pc tells me that there is a connection error.

I've read the other threads on the deleted contact problem, its not that i installed the incorrect version, I know i did get it from the .net site, so what is happening is maybe a microsoft problem? As i'm writing this my msn is still trying to log in. I shutdown and restarted my pc to check if that would help the connection or something and all thats happened is it got worse :(

*sigh* If anyone has a suggestion let me know.
thanks

Third times a charm, next pc....
Installed msn live! on a third computer, connected it up, magically all contacts returned, not surprised :o
but still got some problems, no plus, i liked the tabbed conversations and colours so i'm definetly going to keep trying to get it to work, and secondly i still get that annoying connection error notification on my msn toolbar icon, I seem to be connected fine though.

Still looking for help.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live wont work by gubbe on 07-17-2006 at 07:29 PM

Also still looking for help here. At home it works perfectly and the only software that I can picture destroying things for me is the Cisco Secure Agent. On the other hand it doesn't have MP!L on its blacklist...

RE: Messenger Plus! Live wont work by Salmonaxe on 07-19-2006 at 05:00 PM

Alright, after all my problems trying to sort this out, the problem fixed itself. But not on my laptop which is running Cisco secure agent. So maybe that is causing some issue, although it could be anything on there really.

But what i'm writing to say is the desktop i installed it on kept giving me the connection error, and software not loaded msg, so i started up tonight and let it try to log into msn, took about five or six minutes and finally when it connected it was running properly.

Maybe somekind of initialisation phase that needs to build into msn? not too sure but i'm glad that it worked.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live wont work by cloudhunter on 07-19-2006 at 05:05 PM

The connection error message people are getting is known about by the messenger team. Look here for more details.

Messenger Says Blog.

As for the Plus! issues, all I can suggest is to follow what it says in this thread... Although the Cisco secure agent could be stopping Plus! hooking WLM.

Cloudy

RE: Messenger Plus! Live wont work by gubbe on 07-25-2006 at 06:45 PM

That's it! I've abandoned MP!L on my laptop as it won't load. There doesn't seem to be consistent solution to the problem, but choosing the Mess Patch in the most recent version over at http://mess.be does MOST of what MP!L does as well.

That makes abandoning MP!L a lot easier!!

RE: Messenger Plus! Live wont work by foaly on 07-25-2006 at 06:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gubbe
That's it! I've abandoned MP!L on my laptop as it won't load. There doesn't seem to be consistent solution to the problem, but choosing the Mess Patch in the most recent version over at http://mess.be does MOST of what MP!L does as well.

That makes abandoning MP!L a lot easier!!

hmm okey...
the only thing i can think off they both can do is multi messenger...
RE: Messenger Plus! Live wont work by gubbe on 07-25-2006 at 07:04 PM

Boosting message sizes?