Shoutbox

[Request] Couple of 'em. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Request] Couple of 'em. (/showthread.php?tid=62456)

[Request] Couple of 'em. by BudsieBuds on 07-03-2006 at 08:01 PM

Not possible: Is it possible to prevent other people stealing your DP and emoticons?
Through a script of course...

Is it possible to add a MSN buddy to your DP, when your status changes? You know, like a green buddy when your online and this buddy [Image: busybuddy8uv.png] when your status is Busy etc.

And, oh yeah, I'll translate your script(s) (for free of course), if it doesn't contain thousands of words, to Dutch. I do have experience with translating.
(This offer doesn't only go for the person who makes the script for me, but for everyone, although the person who makes the script will go first.)

~Budsie

RE: [Request] DP and Emoticon Steal Blocker by h3artl3ss on 07-03-2006 at 08:15 PM

your CEs, DPs are transferred to your contacts' computers for them to be able to see them. CE/DP stealing actually means they save/use what's already on their computer. there's no way u can do to stop them from doing so :p
if u dun want ppl to steal CE/DP from u, dun use any 8-)

RE: [Request] DP and Emoticon Steal Blocker by BudsieBuds on 07-03-2006 at 08:41 PM

It was not really that I didn't want to, but it seemed a good script idea.

No offense, but can someone please confirm, if it's right what he/she said?

~Budsie

RE: [Request] DP and Emoticon Steal Blocker by Chris4 on 07-03-2006 at 08:46 PM

He's right. There's no way you can stop them. They can view it on their computer, it's saved somewhere on your computer, so you can view it.

All CE/DP stealer is doing is saving it in a different location (like My Pictures).

And there's always other ways like print screening it..

RE: [Request] Couple of 'em. by BudsieBuds on 07-04-2006 at 10:16 AM

Ok, but what about the other request?

And I think I forgot to tell you guys, with the first request I meant a script that blocks the DP steal script.

~Budsie

RE: [Request] Couple of 'em. by Sunshine on 07-04-2006 at 10:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by BudsieBuds
Is it possible to add a MSN buddy to your DP, when your status changes? You know, like a green buddy when your online and this buddy [Image: busybuddy8uv.png] when your status is Busy etc.

http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/browse/index.php?act=view&id=20

quote:
Display Picture Status Changer 0.3
This plugin changes your messenger display picture to whatever your current status is. Different images are contained in the images subfolder of the script's folder for every status (C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts\Display Picture Status Changer\images), and can be replaced with your custom images.
This one is as close as it gets, get creative and make your own DPs with the status icons and replace the ones suplied with this script.
RE: [Request] Couple of 'em. by BudsieBuds on 07-04-2006 at 09:07 PM

Ok, I will...

ThanQ.

~Budsie

RE: [Request] Couple of 'em. by segosa on 07-05-2006 at 07:06 AM

Listen, if your contact can *see* your display picture then that means that they actually have it on their computer already. You cannot stop them from doing something with a file they have on their hard drive. It's impossible.

RE: [Request] Couple of 'em. by BudsieBuds on 07-05-2006 at 11:00 AM

I know, but there's a script that steals the DP's of the one who you're talking too right? If so, then it should be possible to make a script, that blocks that script.
Or am I wrong...?

~Budsie

RE: [Request] Couple of 'em. by vaccination on 07-05-2006 at 11:08 AM

You are wrong unfourtunately.

What people are trying to say is that when someone sees your CE/DP it has allready been saved in a folder somewhere on their computer, therfore they allready have a copy of the file/image. This meens that all the CE/DP stealer script does is find the folder on teir computer and save the file to a more accesable place,like my picture, for the user.

Hope this helps

RE: [Request] Couple of 'em. by xJ + on 07-05-2006 at 11:08 AM

Even if there's such scripts, your contacts can definitely go to the particular folder which contants saved display pictures and use it for their ownselves.
When you show your display picture, that'lll mean your current display picture will be downloaded automatically onto your contacts' PC as a cache so that they can view it!
Just like when you view a particular HTML web page, images are downloaded onto your PC in your temporary internet folder, so that in the future when you view that page, it will load faster. It's the same as the display pictures on messenger.
And thus, it's useless for one to develop such scripts. Seriously.

RE: [Request] Couple of 'em. by BudsieBuds on 07-05-2006 at 11:16 AM

I know...  :S

I just want a script that blocks that script.  :D

~Budsie

RE: [Request] Couple of 'em. by RaceProUK on 07-05-2006 at 12:24 PM

It's now been said about 6 times that it's not possible! Give in already!

RE: [Request] Couple of 'em. by Mushroom_Man on 07-05-2006 at 12:55 PM

Scripts on your computer can communicate with scripts on your contacts' computers - but that's at your contacts' scripts' discretion. You can't force a script that works entirely within their computer to stop working, just the same as you can't control their browser - their DP stealer script neither requires nor uses any input from you, and hence you can't stop it.