Shoutbox

Chat Conversation Background Fix - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Chat Conversation Background Fix (/showthread.php?tid=62463)

Chat Conversation Background Fix by Sweetkitty on 07-03-2006 at 09:15 PM

Hi everyone,
This is only my second post here and I've only registered just bluntly to ask a question with something, sorry for that, but I have another question now, which more people might like. :p

The first thing I noticed when I upgraded MSN Messenger 7.5 to Windows Messenger Live, is that it was a lot harder to read what a person says in the Chat conversation window. I think this is because MSNM 7.5 had more transparency in the background pictures. Is there any way to fix this problem in WLM? Thanks in advance :)

-Sarah

RE: Chat Conversation Background Fix by RaceProUK on 07-03-2006 at 11:12 PM

Readability all depends on the background you choose. The default makes for excellent clarity, as it turns the text areas opaque.

RE: Chat Conversation Background Fix by Chris4 on 07-03-2006 at 11:16 PM

Maybe post us a screenshot, Sweetkitty?

RE: Chat Conversation Background Fix by tbcat on 07-03-2006 at 11:37 PM

Yes,  it's true, it's a lot more difficult to find suitables backgrounds now in WLM because of the softer transparencies...

Try modifying the pictures with corel, adobe, etc... That's what I did and it worked for me...

RE: Chat Conversation Background Fix by Sweetkitty on 07-04-2006 at 12:00 AM

Well I just noticed it is harder to read.. sometimes I have to mark text to read it lol. But I guess you're right tbcat. Just wondered if there maybe is a setting in registry that can make it more transparent, or something familiar.

RE: Chat Conversation Background Fix by cjguare on 07-04-2006 at 01:39 AM

Theres a option in plus, to change the transarency in the chat windows and in the main contact list.

RE: RE: Chat Conversation Background Fix by CanadianOriginal on 07-04-2006 at 03:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by cjguare
Theres a option in plus, to change the transarency in the chat windows and in the main contact list.

Not that kind of transparency. What he means is that in previous versions of Messenger, when you set a background image for the conversation windows, it was faded out for the actual text area to make it more visible, like this.

WLM doesn't produce such a fade, and so it can be VERY hard to read the conversation text depending on the image and font colours. I had brought this up previously here ;)