Shoutbox

Please help me! (MP!L features not working) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Please help me! (MP!L features not working) (/showthread.php?tid=62483)

Please help me! (MP!L features not working) by irenerossie on 07-04-2006 at 02:41 AM

I have messenger live and messenger plus 4.0 and they both open fine but when I open a chatwindow you should be able 2 open the emotion sounds, format panel and the icon messengerplus! live but it doesn't open it makes a sound like a ding, and my name doesn't change of colour either. I've tried restarting my computer, i have removed both messenger live and plus and installed it like 4 times and still nothing.

So PLEASE

RE: Please help me! by Voldemort on 07-04-2006 at 02:53 AM

Please:
Uninstall WLM and Msg Plus! Live
Delete their folders in program files
Reboot
Redownload WLM and Plus!
Reinstall
Problem should be solved :)

RE: Please help me! (MP!L features not working) by welsh_pcwhiz on 07-04-2006 at 04:37 PM

HEY!

If the thing above doesn't work, go to:

' My Computer > Local Dick (C: ) > Program Files > MSN Messenger > and delete the file "riched20.dll" '

(Make Sure you delete WLM and MP!L 1st. And a restart may be needed, but not for me. Then download and re-install both...)

welsh_pcwhiz

RE: RE: Please help me! (MP!L features not working) by Salem on 07-04-2006 at 05:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by welsh_pcwhiz
HEY!

If the thing above doesn't work, go to:

' My Computer > Local Dick (C: ) > Program Files > MSN Messenger > and delete the file "riched20.dll" '

(Make Sure you delete WLM and MP!L 1st. And a restart may be needed, but not for me. Then download and re-install both...)

welsh_pcwhiz

Yes, this sshould also work.

Deleting all files in the MessengerPlus! Live & Windows Live Messenger will also delete the riched20.dll

~Salem(@)
RE: Please help me! (MP!L features not working) by irenerossie on 07-04-2006 at 09:18 PM

Thanx guys, it worked when I deleted "riched20.dll" , I'm
sooo happyy:D(K) Thank you sooo much for helping me:angel:(y)
keep up the good work and thanx again(K)(F)(L)

RE: Please help me! (MP!L features not working) by Voldemort on 07-04-2006 at 09:19 PM

Both ways help. :D glad its solved.

Also, for a friend with the same problem, he didnt have that dll, so the full proceadure will work just fine :)