Shoutbox

Two Features Request - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Two Features Request (/showthread.php?tid=62495)

Two Features Request by hiqbal on 07-04-2006 at 09:42 AM

Dear Patchou,

Two features are kindly requested.

1. WLM does not offer smaller display pics in the contact list. This takes the list scrolling down and you never know if you are away for some time that a contact has been scrolled at the end. Please add the option of seeing smaller display pics in contact list as WLM standard only offers larger ones or no details at all.

2. In the personalized status, also put an option of *Be Right Back* in addition to *Away* and *Busy* which are already there. *Be Right Back* is better than away in cases as you are in shower, having dinner, out for 10-15 minutes .. so that the contacts know by looking at the nick and personalized status you will be back rather being away.

Regards,

RE: Two Features Request by Felu on 07-04-2006 at 09:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by hiqbal
1. WLM does not offer smaller display pics in the contact list. This takes the list scrolling down and you never know if you are away for some time that a contact has been scrolled at the end. Please add the option of seeing smaller display pics in contact list as WLM standard only offers larger ones or no details at all.
quote:
Originally posted by NeuralTransmitter
Want small display pictures in Windows Live Messenger?
Check out http://neuraltransmitter.10gb.org
:cheesy:

quote:
2. In the personalized status, also put an option of *Be Right Back* in addition to *Away* and *Busy* which are already there. *Be Right Back* is better than away in cases as you are in shower, having dinner, out for 10-15 minutes .. so that the contacts know by looking at the nick and personalized status you will be back rather being away.

Either itll be added in a future version or a script will be made for it :P
RE: Two Features Request by hiqbal on 07-04-2006 at 09:48 AM

Thanks a lot, but I would still hope that the smaller pics feature can be added in Messenger Plus! WLM team does not take notice of requests. :)

RE: Two Features Request by *Nena* on 07-04-2006 at 06:41 PM

quote:

I agree with Hiqbal. Really miss small images in my contact list.

RE: Two Features Request by Thor on 07-04-2006 at 06:56 PM

Well, I want to be able to have a custom status but to be online. I really want that!

RE: Two Features Request by hiqbal on 07-04-2006 at 07:21 PM

That too .. like u r watching TV but also attending the PC .. contacts should not see u only away or brb...

RE: Two Features Request by Ehm on 07-11-2006 at 09:27 PM

I too would love this to be implemented.

RE: Two Features Request by sneksoog on 07-13-2006 at 04:26 PM

quote:

Yes please.... I was also missing this option in the new WLM!
RE: Two Features Request by Thor on 07-13-2006 at 05:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sneksoog
t offer smaller display pics in the contact list. This takes the list scrolling down and you never know if you are away for some time that a contact has been scrolled at the end. Please add the option of seeing smaller display pics in contact list as WLM standard only offers larger ones or no details at all.
Actually, that is possible with an patch:
http://neuraltransmitter.10gb.org/
RE: Two Features Request by vaccination on 07-13-2006 at 05:39 PM

It has also been implemented into the mess patch at www.mess.be

RE: Two Features Request by Thor on 07-13-2006 at 05:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
It can't make the "View Details" to medium.
RE: Two Features Request by Keikonium on 07-13-2006 at 08:05 PM

Any reason why Patchou made the custom status be "Away" and "Busy" only ^o)? Couldn't you choose anything you wanted in MP!3 ? I think allowing a drop down box with:

Idel
Busy
Be Right Back
Away
In A Call
Out To Lunch

That would be better :P. Just my opinion however (A).

RE: Two Features Request by Thor on 07-13-2006 at 08:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Keikonium
Any reason why Patchou made the custom status be "Away" and "Busy" only ^o)? Couldn't you choose anything you wanted in MP!3 ? I think allowing a drop down box with:

Idel
Busy
Be Right Back
Away
In A Call
Out To Lunch

That would be better :P. Just my opinion however (A).
I agree about Online, but I don't see the pont in the others. :)
RE: Two Features Request by Keikonium on 07-13-2006 at 08:13 PM

When I am in a voice chat, I usually just change my name to who I am talking to, and telling people I'll talk later. So having a personal message for voice chats would be nice ;).

And I guess the rare chance that anyone uses Out To Lunch, you could say where you went ^o). But "away" kinda covers that :P.

Just better to include them all then to have people ask for them later ;).

RE: Two Features Request by sneksoog on 07-13-2006 at 10:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nitrolinken
quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
It can't make the "View Details" to medium.

Hmmmm that is great I am also using mess patch. I Just downloaded the most recent version but unfortunally I can't find the proper settings.

The only setting I can find is "Toon kleine schermafbeeldingen bij normale weergaven" (Show small pictures at normal display). But after selecting that option I don't see any difference.

My settings for MessPatch are:
[MessPatchPrefs]
backups=9    crc=1        general=34     polygamy=0    billmenu=0    wmp=256        swap=0        idle=256   
spacescc=0    multiline=256    status=256    sharingad=0    remdptoast=0    sfolder=0    main=98        ml1=0
remt=0        aaotcl=0    altbg=0        remdp1=0    logonstatus=0    blinks=0    brand=0        swtab=0       
dpclick=0    remdp2=0    boostpsm=0    email=0        sfbtn=0        spaceb=1    wltoday=1    dialerbtn=0
coldd=0        signoutb=1    psb=0        madd=1        addcb=0        sortcb=1    bottomcbar=0    managecbar=1   
infob1=0    gleams=1    cldps=1        clrdps=0    noemos=0    showstatus=256    nopsm=0        songs=0
adb=1        search=1    convos=98    aaotcv=0    infob2=0    invb=0        sendb=0        webcb=0       
callb=0        actb=0        playb=0        blockb=0    mlbtn=0        recvd=1        centertt=0    webci=0
getaw=1        dpclick2=0    hidedps=0    nudgep=0    nudges=0    prem=1        dybg=1        textad=1   
advspace=1    emob=0        winksb=0    buzzb=0        vcb=0        fontb=0        coldd2=0    bgbtn=0
packs=0        centerft=0    sendb2=0    searchb=0    statusb=0    hwtabs=0

Can anyone help me out here?

Thanx
RE: RE: Two Features Request by asdaff on 07-19-2006 at 09:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nitrolinken
quote:
t offer smaller display pics in the contact list. This takes the list scrolling down and you never know if you are away for some time that a contact has been scrolled at the end. Please add the option of seeing smaller display pics in contact list as WLM standard only offers larger ones or no details at all.

I have Problem with that, it take from me now to login aprx. 6mnts|-).... I did ask to RESTORE my previous backup!!
but still I have the same Problem

plz help me:(
RE: Two Features Request by Stef on 07-19-2006 at 11:08 AM

about the shortcut keys for Quicktext
could you change it to the old version from msgplus ?
because, people with notebooks don't have a num block :P
so i can use only the first 10 *g*

RE: Two Features Request by Thor on 07-19-2006 at 11:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by asdaff
I have Problem with that, it take from me now to login aprx. 6mnts|-).... I did ask to RESTORE my previous backup!!
but still I have the same Problem

plz help me:(
huh, that's odd.. :S

I've never had any trouble.
RE: RE: Two Features Request by BrotherEstapol on 09-10-2006 at 06:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nitro
quote:

That link is dead...got any mirrors for the patch?