Shoutbox

[Very Early Preview] Window GUI Editor - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Very Early Preview] Window GUI Editor (/showthread.php?tid=62515)

[Very Early Preview] Window GUI Editor by Dempsey on 07-04-2006 at 02:58 PM

Well I know this currently looks really crap, and doesn't do much yet, but I just wanted to show some progress on my GUI Editor as people keep asking me about it.

While its at an early stage it would be good to get some feedback/feature suggestions etc, that I can add to the todo list to work on :)

Thanks for any replies :)

Download GUI Maker 0.1

RE: [Very Early Preview] Window GUI Editor by J-Thread on 07-04-2006 at 03:01 PM

Look nice!! Unfortunatly it isn't very usefull yet... Some improvements (that are probably already on your list) are:

- Being able to click a control so you can edit it
- Resizing controls after you've drawn them
- Moving controls
- Showing the propery's of the control when you click it / when you select it in the combo box on the right side
- Being able to edit the property's;)

RE: [Very Early Preview] Window GUI Editor by Dempsey on 07-04-2006 at 03:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by J-Thread
Look nice!! Unfortunatly it isn't very usefull yet... Some improvements (that are probably already on your list) are:

- Being able to click a control so you can edit it
- Resizing controls after you've drawn them
- Moving controls
- Showing the propery's of the control when you click it / when you select it in the combo box on the right side
- Being able to edit the property's;)
Cheers :)  Yea it actually does all of those already, but it wasn't working 100% so I disabled it for this preview :)

RE: [Very Early Preview] Window GUI Editor by craig2k5 on 07-04-2006 at 03:12 PM

this is looking good :O cant w8 for the final relase or even the next realse :P :D thanks

RE: [Very Early Preview] Window GUI Editor by dramado on 07-04-2006 at 03:21 PM

very nice :)

RE: [Very Early Preview] Window GUI Editor by Nathan on 07-04-2006 at 03:28 PM

Comes up with this error:
Run-time error '339':
Component 'MSCOMCTL.OXC' or one of its dependincies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

Ahh well :P

RE: [Very Early Preview] Window GUI Editor by absorbation on 07-04-2006 at 03:29 PM

It uses the old build's design and not the new on preview :). However, for those with limited xml knowlege it is a must, it can also teach you stuff to :).

RE: [Very Early Preview] Window GUI Editor by Dempsey on 07-04-2006 at 03:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
Comes up with this error:
Run-time error '339':
Component 'MSCOMCTL.OXC' or one of its dependincies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

Ahh well :P

Well the clues in the error :P  You need to get MSCOMCTL.OCX which is common control library 6, :google: or it
RE: [Very Early Preview] Window GUI Editor by Nathan on 07-04-2006 at 03:31 PM

Oops I didnt really read it I just copyed it, i thought it was to do with your file :$

RE: [Very Early Preview] Window GUI Editor by luisillo on 07-04-2006 at 03:39 PM

wow, this is gonna be great when finished, :D
but what's the semi-hidden textbox that displays text1 for?
I'm looking forward to see this finished ;)
good work (Y)

RE: [Very Early Preview] Window GUI Editor by kender on 07-04-2006 at 05:36 PM

i think this will be very usefull..
at least for me :P

RE: [Very Early Preview] Window GUI Editor by Thor on 07-04-2006 at 05:57 PM

Me too, I'm no good at the XML, well, I know XML but... :)

This will be a good script.

RE: [Very Early Preview] Window GUI Editor by XM4ST3RX on 07-05-2006 at 03:38 PM

Hi,

Lookin really good mate, keep up the hard work (Y)!

RE: [Very Early Preview] Window GUI Editor by Gran_PC on 07-15-2006 at 03:19 PM

This is not perfect... I tried to CHANGE THE CAPTION of a checkbox, and I can't! I think this project it's abandoned...

RE: [Very Early Preview] Window GUI Editor by Dempsey on 07-15-2006 at 03:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Gran_PC
This is not perfect... I tried to CHANGE THE CAPTION of a checkbox, and I can't! I think this project it's abandoned...
No-one ever said it was perfect, it's not even usable yet, hence why I said it was a 'Very Early Preview' :)

Its not abandoned, I was actually working on it until I stopped to reply to your post :P