Shoutbox

Custom Contact Names on Messenger Plus Live! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Custom Contact Names on Messenger Plus Live! (/showthread.php?tid=62517)

Custom Contact Names on Messenger Plus Live! by kaparmar on 07-04-2006 at 03:40 PM

This was one of the most useful features for me! Does anyone know if I it can still be done on Messenger Live!?

Thanks;

KAPARMAR

RE: Custom Contact Names on Messenger Plus Live! by sufcste on 07-04-2006 at 03:48 PM

This has been asked countless times. No, the 'nickname' feature has been removed because WLM has one itself. However, there is the possibility of the feature making a comeback in a future release of MP!L.

RE: Custom Contact Names on Messenger Plus Live! by kaparmar on 07-04-2006 at 03:52 PM

Well, Sorry I tried searching through the forum for this but obviously was unsuccessful. Where can this be done!? Becuase I went through the Options, etc. and couldn't find anything :(

Thanks;

KAPARMAR

RE: Custom Contact Names on Messenger Plus Live! by sufcste on 07-04-2006 at 03:54 PM

The search feature/function can be found in the box near the top of the screen that also contains "logout" and "user cp".

RE: Custom Contact Names on Messenger Plus Live! by kaparmar on 07-04-2006 at 03:57 PM

Thanks;

KAPARMAR

RE: Custom Contact Names on Messenger Plus Live! by Voldemort on 07-04-2006 at 03:57 PM

To rename contacts
Right Click on them > Add a nickname

RE: RE: Custom Contact Names on Messenger Plus Live! by Salem on 07-04-2006 at 05:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sufcste
...However, there is the possibility of the feature making a comeback in a future release of MP!L.

I doubt this will happen. Patchou said he'll be removing MessengerPlus! feature that no longer have a place in Windows Live Messenger/MessengerPlus! Live.

As Windows Live Messenger already allows you to add nicknames to contacts, i think it's unlikely it'll see a return to MessengerPlus! Live

~Salem(@)
RE: RE: RE: Custom Contact Names on Messenger Plus Live! by sufcste on 07-04-2006 at 05:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Salem
quote:
...However, there is the possibility of the feature making a comeback in a future release of MP!L.

I doubt this will happen. Patchou said he'll be removing MessengerPlus! feature that no longer have a place in Windows Live Messenger/MessengerPlus! Live.

As Windows Live Messenger already allows you to add nicknames to contacts, i think it's unlikely it'll see a return to MessengerPlus! Live

~Salem(@)

No, Patchou has said he may include a better version of the feature, if the Micro$oft version does not improve.
RE: RE: RE: RE: Custom Contact Names on Messenger Plus Live! by Salem on 07-04-2006 at 06:24 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Salem

~Salem(@)

No, Patchou has said he may include a better version of the feature, if the Micro$oft version does not improve.

Thanks sufcste for the corection. I wasn't aware of this(Y)

~Salem(@)
RE: Custom Contact Names on Messenger Plus Live! by sufcste on 07-05-2006 at 02:50 PM

I believe this has been discussed before; possibly a script may be able to be written to perform this function. I cannt say as I am not experienced with scripts. Try posting on the scripts section of the forum.

RE: Custom Contact Names on Messenger Plus Live! by Hans on 07-05-2006 at 04:16 PM

sufcste:

Thanks for the suggestion, I did post it there as well.

Cheerfully yours,
Hans (H)
from Holland.