Shoutbox

This drives me mental - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: This drives me mental (/showthread.php?tid=62549)

This drives me mental by Nathan on 07-05-2006 at 12:24 AM

Well,
My stupid sis saw this thing and she dowloaded it and its given me a virus, my AVG wot find it and it keeps on showing icosn etc....
[Image: attachment.php?pid=687067]
Yes these are the kind of pop ups that annoy me. Telling me about unwanted pop ups. WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOUR GIVING ME YOU STUPID N00B.
and then this in the takbar [Image: untitled.PNG]

HELP ME :P

RE: This drives me mental by mwe99 on 07-05-2006 at 12:25 AM

Have you tried things like spybot and ad-ware by lavasoft?

RE: This drives me mental by Voldemort on 07-05-2006 at 12:27 AM

errrr\
name of the program?
where those links redirect to?

RE: This drives me mental by Nathan on 07-05-2006 at 12:28 AM

No,
Just wonderign would System restore do anything?

RE: This drives me mental by Voldemort on 07-05-2006 at 12:29 AM

Yeh, revert installation but leave all files... sometimes its worst...

RE: This drives me mental by linx05 on 07-05-2006 at 12:50 AM

I wouldn't try System Restore first up. Download HijackThis and boot up in safe mode. Be sure to know what you are getting rid of! You can always make a backup when you do fiddle around. Get rid of it that way. I am sure you are using the latest def. lists ;).

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
Have you tried things like spybot and ad-ware by lavasoft?
It's Ad-Aware.

Another thing, find out what the name of the 'virus/adware/spyware etc' AVG is showing. Check on their site or google it and you might find a removal program or instructions. Post it here too :).
RE: This drives me mental by Lou on 07-05-2006 at 03:41 AM

My uncle had this last week. I had to go all the way to montreal to get rid of it. Install Spybot search and destroy (google it), update it, and search. You'll need to reboot with spybot active in order to fully rid it. Once spybot is installed though, and updated, unplug your internet cord to avoid furthur problems while spybot is searching. Make sure there isn't a folder called "spyaxe" in program files as well:)

RE: This drives me mental by Fuzzles on 07-05-2006 at 08:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
Well,
My stupid sis saw this thing and she dowloaded it and its given me a virus, my AVG wot find it and it keeps on showing icosn etc....
[Image: attachment.php?pid=687067]
Yes these are the kind of pop ups that annoy me. Telling me about unwanted pop ups. WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOUR GIVING ME YOU STUPID N00B.
and then this in the takbar [Image: untitled.PNG]

HELP ME :P

OH My GOD That piece of shit! I had that exact virus, lemme guess you get online sex pop-ups as well! I had it, i got rid of it 2 days ago.
Fucking virus! I used Avast! and it is gone! :)

Good Luck :)
RE: This drives me mental by CookieRevised on 07-05-2006 at 10:26 AM

It is NOT a virus. It is adware (and myabe spyware, didn't checked it yet).... major absolutely big difference there.

With such stuff it is absolutely important to call things with the proper name. There are already enough misconceptions around...

RE: This drives me mental by Nathan on 07-05-2006 at 10:30 AM

Yes exactly :P
Like.... Plus (stupid n00bs) :P