Shoutbox

Tabbed conversations - new message colour - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Tabbed conversations - new message colour (/showthread.php?tid=62614)

Tabbed conversations - new message colour by jasonallen on 07-05-2006 at 08:52 PM

In the next version of MsgPlusLive would it be possible to add the ability to change the color that a tab changes to when you have a new message. With grey, it is not always easy to see that you have a new message when you are currently typing in another tab. The XP Orange color that the taskbar has would be a lot more noticable.

Just a thought.
Jason.

RE: Tabbed conversations - new message colour by Keikonium on 07-05-2006 at 11:28 PM

I second this request :). At first I thought it was just my computer acting up because the taskbar would only flash once when I receieved a new message. Then noticed that the tabs did the same thing, but in grey.

Rebooted, and its still grey (and flashes once). But yes, an orange or customizable color would be quite nice :). Perhaps something to match whatever color your messenger is set to?

RE: Tabbed conversations - new message colour by Chris4 on 07-05-2006 at 11:32 PM

Agreed, sometimes I don't notice I have a message and it's really annoying, I have to tell soem of my contacts to nudge me when I don't reply 0.o

RE: Tabbed conversations - new message colour by hope4eva on 07-09-2006 at 03:33 AM

i agree i never seem 2 notice nd d=then whoever im talkin 2 thinks im ignorin them i just dont realize that they sed sumtin though

RE: Tabbed conversations - new message colour by sneksoog on 07-09-2006 at 06:28 PM

sounds like we all aggree here.... I hope this will be one of the improvements of a new release :D

RE: Tabbed conversations - new message colour by RaceProUK on 07-09-2006 at 08:42 PM

Do you all use dark convo windows? Mine are quite light, and I have no problems. Plus, they flash a medium pastel red, like my Windows theme. I guess you get grey from using the XP theme.

RE: Tabbed conversations - new message colour by WestHej on 07-09-2006 at 09:59 PM

I think you should have a [x] sign to close the tab for every tab too

RE: Tabbed conversations - new message colour by kvnhmmd on 02-02-2007 at 11:47 AM

This topic is way old, did anyone find out how to do this yet?

RE: Tabbed conversations - new message colour by NanaFreak on 02-02-2007 at 11:49 AM

use this page: http://www.msgpluslive.net/help/registry/

or:

quote:
\Preferences      TabChatFlashColor      dword      -1
Color used to flash the background of tabbed chats buttons. By default, the background color of the window is used to compute a darker or lighter color. This is a COLORREF value.

RE: Tabbed conversations - new message colour by kvnhmmd on 02-02-2007 at 11:52 AM

damn, that was a fast reply, thanks!

RE: Tabbed conversations - new message colour by Sunshine on 02-02-2007 at 12:23 PM

Or just use Messenger-Plus!-Tweak-Live ;)

RE: Tabbed conversations - new message colour by kvnhmmd on 02-02-2007 at 12:26 PM

there we go, now we're talkin' thanks!

RE: Tabbed conversations - new message colour by Moredhel on 02-12-2007 at 10:35 AM

Hello,
Unfortunately I didn't really find that link helpful as ...
1) there is no such value in my registry and I am using MPL 4.11
2) when I create that value I cannot enter colorref values of (R,G,B)

could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here ?

edit: used Tweak, much better than regediting on sparse instruction :D

RE: Tabbed conversations - new message colour by Felu on 02-12-2007 at 10:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Moredhel
Hello,
Unfortunately I didn't really find that link helpful as ...
1) there is no such value in my registry and I am using MPL 4.11
2) when I create that value I cannot enter colorref values of (R,G,B)

could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here ?
If the value doesn't exist you may create one or you may use Messenger Plus! Tweak Live
RE: Tabbed conversations - new message colour by Ezra on 02-12-2007 at 10:43 AM

You should create the DWORD key yourself.

And the hexadecimal value should have this format: 0x00bbggrr

quote:
Originally posted by MSDN
Remarks

When specifying an explicit RGB color, the COLORREF value has the following hexadecimal form:

0x00bbggrr

Also make sure you restart MSN completely after you change the registry.