Shoutbox

[Request] Sub-forums - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: [Request] Sub-forums (/showthread.php?tid=62619)

[Request] Sub-forums by Ingiliz_cezahsi on 07-05-2006 at 09:39 PM

Would it be possible to create 3 sub forum groups, i.e for [Release], [Request] and [Help].

It would make browsing the forum alot more easier;
Thank you

RE: [Request] Sub-forums by cooldude_i06 on 07-05-2006 at 09:41 PM

Agreed. But this should probably be in the Website and Forums section.

RE: [Request] Sub-forums by matty on 07-05-2006 at 09:45 PM

Like I said before we never had this for the Plugins so why have it now? Use the search feature it helps.

RE: [Request] Sub-forums by Menthix on 07-05-2006 at 09:55 PM

I agree with Matty.

I don't think it's good to make such strict sections. It takes away the fun. Those tags aren't needed either, people are free to release stuff without tags in their topic title. If you want scripts to download, just visit the download DB. And if you can't find scripts there that you DID find in the forum, ask the creator of the script to submit it. (For those who submitted last 2 days and didn't get a mail back yet... I'll go trough the submits again tomorrow, wasn't home much last 2 days.)

Ideas for scripts (requests) are easy enough to spot when browsing topics.

RE: [Request] Sub-forums by Voldemort on 07-05-2006 at 10:02 PM

just do a search for "release" of only the scripts forum, it will find most if not all scripts

RE: [Request] Sub-forums by Vi|2us. on 07-06-2006 at 06:31 AM

Good idea.

RE: [Request] Sub-forums by CookieRevised on 07-06-2006 at 08:40 AM

Not to mention that making such subforums will increase the duplicated threads and what not. It will not aid to the order, on the contrary.

The prefixes used in some threads already proof this, there are already multiple threads about certain subjects/script which aren't nessecairy.

All three of those prefixes are not seperated things. Support can/should be given in a release thread. A question can/should be asked in a release thread. A script can be released in a request thread. etc etc...