Shoutbox

[Release] Script Updates : View and install new scripts from www.msgpluslive.net - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Release] Script Updates : View and install new scripts from www.msgpluslive.net (/showthread.php?tid=62624)

[Release] Script Updates : View and install new scripts from www.msgpluslive.net by OcuS on 07-05-2006 at 10:15 PM

That's a beta version.

* Click on MsgPlus Icon > Script Updates
or
* Type /ScriptUpdates in a chat window

Please let me some comments :)

----------

ChangeLog :

** 06/07/2006
- Fixed the problem with special chars in names

** 07/07/2006
- Interface re-organisation
- Resizable interface

Known bugs :
- Link to script page positionned randomly (?) when window is resized (MsgPlus bug ?)

RE: [Release] Script Updates : View and install new scripts from www.msgpluslive.net by Menthix on 07-05-2006 at 10:22 PM

It keep haning on "Populating interface..." for me.

RE: [Release] Script Updates : View and install new scripts from www.msgpluslive.net by foaly on 07-05-2006 at 10:27 PM

it works fine for me...

it would be nice that, if you click on the date bar it sorts the scripts on the day they were submitted (same for if you have the script already)

RE: [Release] Script Updates : View and install new scripts from www.msgpluslive.net by prashker on 07-05-2006 at 10:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
It keep haning on "Populating interface..." for me.

Same...altho everytime I say "Update List" it keeps on Adding "Offline Blocker 1.0" one time everytime I click!
RE: [Release] Script Updates : View and install new scripts from www.msgpluslive.net by Menthix on 07-05-2006 at 10:33 PM

Got it working now, Having +Speech installed seemed to be the problem. Error in parsing names?

RE: [Release] Script Updates : View and install new scripts from www.msgpluslive.net by Joereynolds89 on 07-05-2006 at 10:36 PM

Mine adds the Blockchecker to the list too, i dont even have that script :P and it hasnt picked anything else up but thats probably because i already have most recent, but so far doing pretty gd

RE: [Release] Script Updates : View and install new scripts from www.msgpluslive.net by alexp2_ad on 07-05-2006 at 11:11 PM

Nice work!  Few suggestions:

1.  Make the window smaller, or at least resizable, doesn't fit on my laptop screen...
2.  Add the author to the details at the bottom.

Good job, I like it. (y)

Maybe add other ways of viewing the scripts, like ordering by ratings or something.

:)

RE: [Release] Script Updates : View and install new scripts from www.msgpluslive.net by RudeYute on 07-05-2006 at 11:21 PM

Have to agree with alex about the screen size - get it to work with resolutions if possible, is way too big on my 17" CRT runnning @ 1024 x 768

RE: [Release] Script Updates : View and install new scripts from www.msgpluslive.net by Jiggs on 07-05-2006 at 11:45 PM

all im seeing is offline blocker 1.0, and Populating Interface at the bottom. thats all im getting also. great idea though. Just not sure its working. maybe its cos all my scripts are up to date?

RE: [Release] Script Updates : View and install new scripts from www.msgpluslive.net by Nathan on 07-05-2006 at 11:52 PM

I like it very cool (Y) It works fine for me ;)

RE: [Release] Script Updates : View and install new scripts from www.msgpluslive.net by OcuS on 07-07-2006 at 01:06 AM

New update taking account of the remarks.

RE: [Release] Script Updates : View and install new scripts from www.msgpluslive.net by cooldude_i06 on 07-31-2006 at 09:32 PM

Hey OcuS, I don't know if you are still working on this script or not, just thought I would let you know anyways that (as I recently discovered) unfortunately the Plus RSS feed only shows data for a recent number of scripts. I was using it in my own script to check for updates, but it recently stopped working because the script was no longer showing up in the rss. Anyways you also seem to be using it, just thought I'd let you know it is not reliable. :(

RE: [Release] Script Updates : View and install new scripts from www.msgpluslive.net by Menthix on 07-31-2006 at 10:04 PM

On a side note: I'm still very interested in a script like this that can off automatic update for all the scripts you installed and easy way to get new scripts. And I keep it on my todo list to make some changes to the RSS feed (which cooldude requested some time ago) and some other changes to the system that will make it reliable.

But right now I'm busy with other projects, plus I have an exam coming up... but with some patience it will eventually be there :).

RE: [Release] Script Updates : View and install new scripts from www.msgpluslive.net by cooldude_i06 on 07-31-2006 at 11:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
On a side note: I'm still very interested in a script like this that can off automatic update for all the scripts you installed and easy way to get new scripts. And I keep it on my todo list to make some changes to the RSS feed (which cooldude requested some time ago) and some other changes to the system that will make it reliable.

But right now I'm busy with other projects, plus I have an exam coming up... but with some patience it will eventually be there :).

Looking forward to it (Y) :)
RE: [Release] Script Updates : View and install new scripts from www.msgpluslive.net by jerone on 08-01-2006 at 03:06 PM

i was just about to suggest a thing like this. i could be very handy, as i already have a lot of scripts. now i have to look each one if i have the newest version

RE: [Release] Script Updates : View and install new scripts from www.msgpluslive.net by Yil2201 on 08-01-2006 at 08:05 PM

Congrulations for this awesome script! Very useful and excellent !
So wanted that script thank you !

RE: [Release] Script Updates : View and install new scripts from www.msgpluslive.net by snAke_LeAder on 08-01-2006 at 09:25 PM

cool script well done

RE: [Release] Script Updates : View and install new scripts from www.msgpluslive.net by jerone on 08-13-2006 at 02:05 PM

suggestion:
now the scripts are sorted on 'Last Update', but could it be possible to arrange it also on the other 2 lists; 'Name' and 'Installed'.