Shoutbox

[Question] Using JScript to redirect Hyperlinks? (About Default Browser) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Question] Using JScript to redirect Hyperlinks? (About Default Browser) (/showthread.php?tid=62653)

[Question] Using JScript to redirect Hyperlinks? (About Default Browser) by Keikonium on 07-06-2006 at 05:34 AM

I know this is probably a shot in the dark here, but I was wondering if it were possible to have a script that redirects all clicked links in WLM to read this registry key:

"HKLM\Software\Clients\StartMenuInternet"

This is the key that defines what the default browser is, system wide (HKCU is per-profile).

It could read this, and then launch whatever .exe (IE, Firefox, Netscape, Opera, Etc) is defined under *browser* > shell > open > command.

I think Stuffplug created an .html document that acted as a redirect file directly on your computer didn't it?

So maybe even writing the url to an .html file, and launching that file might work?

I just wanted to toss some ideas out there and hopefully its possible *soon* to make links in wlm to open in the default browser :S.

I hope I don't look like a fool saying this, because I don't quite know what the scripts are fully capable of lol :$.

RE: [Question] Using JScript to redirect Hyperlinks? (About Default Browser) by mathieumg on 07-08-2006 at 04:53 AM

This out of the scope of what scripts are capable of, for the moment :)