Shoutbox

Editing +SPEECH Script - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Editing +SPEECH Script (/showthread.php?tid=62674)

Editing +SPEECH Script by AceOfSpades on 07-06-2006 at 02:47 PM

Ok, i need to edit the +SPEECH script, so the default for it, has "Notify me when someone signs in" UNCHECKED. Reason being is, if i open a new MSN (polygamy) or turn off my computer and then turn it back on, +SPEECH script has auto restored to default, so to stop me from having to change the configuration all the time i wanna know how i can edit the script to make that option UNCHECKED my default.

So basiclly, when 'restore to default' is clicked, or when the script loads for the first time, "Notify me when someone signs in" ISNT checked.

...How can i do this?

RE: Editing +SPEECH Script by Jiggs on 07-06-2006 at 03:03 PM

go to the bottom of the script, and change the trues and falses to what you want them. i did the same thing, as an update seems to be taking its time. and settings dont save

RE: Editing +SPEECH Script by Joereynolds89 on 07-06-2006 at 03:16 PM

just thought id mention that what jiggs said dosnt work on mine for some strange reason, whatever i change within the script it dosnt chane my defaults, maybe there now wriiten to registry or something as its suppose to do but im not to sure!

RE: Editing +SPEECH Script by AceOfSpades on 07-06-2006 at 04:46 PM

Thanx man, seems to be working fine for me.

Joereynolds89
just change the SIGNIN section so it is:

if(!settings["signin"] || (settings["signin"] != "false" && settings["signin"] != "true"))
        settings["signin"] = "false";   

RE: Editing +SPEECH Script by Joereynolds89 on 07-06-2006 at 09:40 PM

ahh sorry, i was editing the wrong js as theres two?? at least on mine there is, but all is working now the +script.js changes nothing on mine whereas the other script seems to change everything :D