Shoutbox

[Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 (/showthread.php?tid=62704)

[Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by Pai on 07-06-2006 at 10:30 PM

This script allows you to serve files from your messenger account ! Just add an user, specify a password and a root folder, and he can instantly access it through your MSN account !

The script will be submited to the Official Script Database after I'm sure it's ready to be fully distributed !

Todo List for next version:

• Multi-language script (if you want to help translate, read my post in the second page)
  • Statistics (total number of users accessed, total filesize shared, total filesize transfered, etc)
  • Add an reference number before each file when "!dir" is used, so the user can type "!get <number>" without having to type the whole filename

Things I want to include but dunno when I'll actually do them :P:
  • Ability to get everything inside a folder, including subfolders, by ziping it and sending to the user
  • PSM change when FileServer is active (add "[FileServer: On]" or whatever)

Features:
  • User based authentication allows different users to browse different directories
  • Automatic logout of the users due to inactivity after a period customizable by the server owner
  • All the commands you are used to (and then some more), and the ability to customize them to your taste
  • Logging of FileServer sessions to file, and a custom Log Viewer
  • Update checker (every once a day, if an update is available it is automatically downloaded and the user is asked to install)
  • Can list directories with several files (500ms [customizable] between each message to prevent flood) (Attention: View Problem 1)
  • Supports wildcard browsing and downloading
  • Turn FileServer, Logging and Update Check On and Off
  • User-friendly dialogs to help you configure the script, add and edit users easily
  • Your configuration won't be lost if an update is installed

Commands:
  • !fileserver - Welcome command, can be used to check if the FileServer is active
  • !login <user> <pass> - logs the user in
  • !dir - list the current directory's content. supports wildcards
  • !cd - browses to the specified directory. supports "cd .." to go back one directory and "cd \" to go back to the root folder
  • !get - get the specified file
  • !getm - gets files that match the criteria (wildcards). it has a limit to the number of simultaneous files that can be sent, set by the FileServer owner
  • !pwd - prints your working directory, as well as the number of folders and files in it. this command is always triggered when you change directory (cd command)
  • !listcommands - Will show a list of the commands available to the user browsing the FileServer
  • !logout - logs the current user out

Problems:
  • 1) Due to an internal MP!L anti-flood mechanism, only 14 consecutive messages can be sent. Therefore, if you try to list the contents of a very large directory that needs to be splitted to over 14 blocks, you'll only receive the first 14 messages (each message contains about 15 files, therefore try not to list directories with over 200 files)

Screenshot:
[Image: fileserver4ox.jpg]

ChangeLog:
  • v1.1.2
  • !cd command wouldn't work properly
  • v1.1.1
  • Huge Security Fix (!cd ..\..\..\etc allowed to browse the whole disk)
  • v1.1
  • Added a couple of commands (!listcommands and !logout)
  • Auto-logout feature
  • Minor fixes
  • v1.0
  • Initial Release

Please post your comments, suggestion and bugs here !
THANKS !

Note: the file provided for download will always be the same (version 1.0), as the script will automatically update to the latest version available :)

ŧ Download it HERE !
RE: [Release] FileServer Script by craig2k5 on 07-06-2006 at 11:08 PM

how do actualy do anything.. "!fileserver" dosent do anything :s

RE: [Release] FileServer Script by Pai on 07-06-2006 at 11:12 PM

Well, of course it doesn't, it's not you that's supposed to browse your own fileserver, it's your contacts :P The script doesn't accept browsing commands comming from you :)

RE: [Release] FileServer Script by Ezra on 07-06-2006 at 11:14 PM

Works fine for me, had a little trouble finding the menu, later found out by reading the code itself that you only display it in the contact list :d

RE: [Release] FileServer Script by S4mP410 on 07-06-2006 at 11:45 PM

I love it ! :grin:

RE: [Release] FileServer Script by Jiggs on 07-07-2006 at 12:11 AM

is it possible to make this work with shortcuts? so if someone "gets" a shortcut, it actually sends the file it points to. i ask, because i tried to share my music folder, but its got HUNDREDS of album pictures as hidden files. so it started sending all of those in the list. had to quit the convo to stop it. so, if i could make a seperate folder, with shortcuts to the song files, it would be great.

RE: [Release] FileServer Script by prashker on 07-07-2006 at 01:23 AM

quote:
Bug :p

SonicSam says:
ZAIM AH GAD
SonicSam says:
NEW ACCAOINT
      jren207          .com     says:

SonicSam      auto-message: Playing Xbox (Halo 2)
SonicSam says:
do I delete the other one  ?
get back to your xbox! 
SonicSam says:
You can't use that command before logging in!
not yet lol
SonicSam says:
wtf 
but eventually 
SonicSam says:
ok
what command!?
SonicSam says:
no idea 

I think it interferes with

quote:
Originally posted by Pai
get - get the specified file

Any way to fix :S?
RE: [Release] FileServer Script by Pai on 07-07-2006 at 01:30 AM

Uhm, yes I can make it ignore commands instead of sending an error message if the user isn't logged in :P

Or, I could change the default commands to something like !get and then this wouldn't happen !

What do u think ?

RE: [Release] FileServer Script by prashker on 07-07-2006 at 01:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Pai
What do u think ?

I think
quote:
Originally posted by Pai

Or, I could change the default commands to something like !get and then this wouldn't happen !

would be better (y)
RE: [Release] FileServer Script by Pai on 07-07-2006 at 01:59 AM

Updated, now all commands start with an exclamation point by default :)

Remember, as the script was designed to not delete your configurations when being updated, and as commands can be custom they won't be overwritten on updates, you need to delete the script completely (using MP!L preferences) before installing the fix :P

RE: [Release] FileServer Script by Chancer on 07-07-2006 at 02:13 AM

both users must have the script??

RE: [Release] FileServer Script by S4mP410 on 07-07-2006 at 02:14 AM

I have just downloaded the correct version updated,

Works Perfectly

Thanks to the Increadible Pai :grin: :grin: :grin:

quote:
Originally posted by Chancer
both users must have the script??

Only the Server must have the Script :grin:
RE: [Release] FileServer Script by Chancer on 07-07-2006 at 02:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by S4mP410
Only the Server must have the Script :grin:

fucking great!!
RE: [Release] FileServer Script by prashker on 07-07-2006 at 02:21 AM

I have a suggestion,

!listcommands

Will list all the commands with their descriptions :)

For example (copied a part from first post)

Taco says: !listcommands

SonicSam says:
    * !fileserver - Welcome command, can be used to check if the FileServer is active
    * !login <user> <pass> - logs the user in
    * !dir - list the current directory's content. supports wildcards
    * !cd - browses to the specified directory. supports "cd .." to go back one directory and "cd \" to go back to the root folder
    * !get - get the specified file
    * !getm - gets files that match the criteria (wildcards). it has a limit to the number of simultaneous files that can be sent, set by the FileServer owner
    * !pwd - prints your working directory, as well as the number of folders and files in it. this command is always triggered when you change directory (cd command)

RE: [Release] FileServer Script by Chancer on 07-07-2006 at 02:24 AM

OMFG!!

it works....AMAZING!!

* Chancer is sharing songs

good idea sonic

RE: [Release] FileServer Script by S4mP410 on 07-07-2006 at 02:26 AM

Yeap, Works ! :grin:

Nice Idea SonicSam !

Can Pai(Mei) do this ? :grin:

RE: [Release] FileServer Script by chris on 07-07-2006 at 10:20 AM

Is it possible so that if both users have the script that the person who tries downoading files when thye type in like !fsgetfiles a window pops  up and shows a list of files that are avalible and u can click on them and download them instead of having to type the file. and if the person trying to get the files doesnt have the script they can just manualy type the names like it is already. just a sugestion eithe way i know i will use this alot

RE: [Release] FileServer Script by Pai on 07-07-2006 at 11:17 AM

First of all thanks for the support :)

I edited the first post (forgot to edit the default commands when I updated the script) and added a Todo list for the next version (thanks SonicSam for both!).

I'll release an updated version either today or tomorrow, this way you can also check if the auto-update is working correctly :) So, keep those update checkers turned on !

@ chris : it is possible, but is it really needed ? It would make it a lot prettier I agree, but I don't know ... maybe i'll do it just for the kicks :P thanks for the suggestion ;)

Added also a couple of suggestions from previous posts to the Todo List (it doesn't mean they appear in the next version, just that they will be done! (but chances that they do appear in the next are high ehe))

RE: [Release] FileServer Script by xJ + on 07-07-2006 at 12:20 PM

This script  rocks! But how do logged in users log out?

RE: RE: [Release] FileServer Script by S4mP410 on 07-07-2006 at 01:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by xJ +
This script  rocks! But how do logged in users log out?

Can't do this :grin:

(why logout ?)
RE: [Release] FileServer Script by xJ + on 07-07-2006 at 01:52 PM

quote:
Can't do this
Yup I know..
But wil there be manual log out and/or auto log out added for this script?
quote:
why logout ?
Reason for logging out (both):
1) Privacy. (probably)
2) Too many users log into my PC, my connection probably will be affected.
3) Some of them want to log out.
RE: [Release] FileServer Script by prashker on 07-07-2006 at 01:54 PM

Yes but many users might forget to log off, maybe an option to manually set to log off the user after <defined> time...in which it will send them a message like

"You have been logged off"

-----

And for those who don't forget...a !logout would be good :P

RE: [Release] FileServer Script by S4mP410 on 07-07-2006 at 02:10 PM

Everything that you said is truth

Humm I never had thought about the logout, :P

quote:
Yes but many users might forget to log off, maybe an option to manually set to log off the user after <defined> time...in which it will send them a message like

"You have been logged off"

And for those who don't forget...a !logout would be good..

Nice Idea Man :grin:

Edit: Grammar

RE: [Release] FileServer Script by Pai on 07-07-2006 at 05:15 PM

Logging out would be easy to add, tho I had though about it on the past and didn't find a reason to implement it. Now that I think about it I see one (you may have been browsing and then you go away from the pc, and another user can use the fileserver without access with you msn account).

So this has been added to the Todo list and should be in the next update :)

RE: [Release] FileServer Script by vaccination on 07-07-2006 at 06:09 PM

wow, sounds cool, will download the updated verison with the logging out command, great work(Y)

RE: [Release] FileServer Script by snAke_LeAder on 07-07-2006 at 06:49 PM

xxx sagt (20:48):
!dir ROCK'N ROLL
snAke_LeAder / binary inc. (working) sagt (20:48):
The next files matched your request:
Files Count: 0

thats not right in this folder are subfolders yes i activated include subfolders

RE: [Release] FileServer Script by Dhaya on 07-07-2006 at 07:17 PM

That's an *awesome* script you've done !

RE: [Release] FileServer Script by Pai on 07-07-2006 at 07:31 PM

Updated the script in my server, but didn't yet update it in this thread, just to check if the auto-update feature is working !

You can either wait 'till one day passes since you've installed the script, or you can force it to check for an update by going to the configuration dialog and unchecking "Check for updates", and then check it again.

Please all, report here if the auto-update is working correctly :) Tkx!

@ snAke_LeAder: completely forgot to check for matches in the folders as well, only remembered to check for matches in the files |: This will be fixed in the next update :)

RE: RE: [Release] FileServer Script by S4mP410 on 07-07-2006 at 07:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by snAke_LeAder
!dir ROCK'N ROLL

thats not right in this folder are subfolders yes i activated include subfolders

Its wrong, you need put " !cp ROCK'N ROLL " to enter in the folder, after this put !dir to see all folders and archives on this folder.. :grin:

RE: [Release] FileServer Script by Dhaya on 07-07-2006 at 08:00 PM

The auto-update feature worked correctly for me, when I clicked on the WLM icon (basically the OnEvent_Initialize event was properly called :p )

RE: [Release] FileServer Script by tinpiliycfa on 07-07-2006 at 08:51 PM

Hello, I installed the script on 2 computers but I can't log in !

It always say cannot log in, try again later !!

do you know why ?

thanks a lot

RE: [Release] FileServer Script by newby on 07-07-2006 at 09:46 PM

the download link
http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/browse/index.php?act=view&id=65

do not working for me , than i see the link

http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/browse/uploads/fileserver4ox.jpg

where can i download it?

RE: [Release] FileServer Script by Pai on 07-07-2006 at 09:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tinpiliycfa
Hello, I installed the script on 2 computers but I can't log in !

It always say cannot log in, try again later !!

do you know why ?

thanks a lot
You have to configure the FileServer and add users, so that they can access the FileServer. After adding user, for example, "user" with "pass" and access to "C:\folder", the outside user types "!login user pass" and logs in with success, with access to "C:\folder"

quote:
Originally posted by newby
the download link
http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/browse/index.php?act=view&id=65

do not working for me , than i see the link

http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/browse/uploads/fileserver4ox.jpg

where can i download it?
The issue is now fixed, you can download it at http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/browse/index.php?act=view&id=65 :)

quote:
Originally posted by Dhaya
The auto-update feature worked correctly for me, when I clicked on the WLM icon (basically the OnEvent_Initialize event was properly called :p )
Glad to hear that :D
RE: [Release] FileServer Script by newby on 07-07-2006 at 10:05 PM

thnx!
wheen i download it was a .zip file , but i did save  ass  .plsc  file
that was the problem sorry!
and thanx

RE: [Release] FileServer Script by tinpiliycfa on 07-07-2006 at 10:15 PM

it's not that easy, I think it would be better if a window open and let user brows the folder!, is this possible ?

also can somebody make a french version please ? Thanks

RE: [Release] FileServer Script by craig2k5 on 07-07-2006 at 10:23 PM

hey thats 1 shit hot script!

got a feature request, i was trying to send a song to someone but.. they had to go throught the bother of typing "05_the_kooks_-_ooh_la.mp3" so... could you not add like a quick number? for instance next to "[File]" you could add a sort of reference number and they could just type !get 2 and it would download number 2?? if you understand me

edit:

and also turn of the automatic log out aswell? its a pain in the neck for slow typers :P

RE: [Release] FileServer Script by Menthix on 07-07-2006 at 10:38 PM

quote:
the download link http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/browse/index.php?act=view&id=65 do not working for me
Fixed: http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/browse/index.php?act=view&id=65

RE: RE: RE: [Release] FileServer Script by snAke_LeAder on 07-08-2006 at 12:49 AM

quote:
quote:
!dir ROCK'N ROLL

Its wrong, you need put " !cp ROCK'N ROLL " to enter in the folder, after this put !dir to see all folders and archives on this folder.. :grin:

i did
!dir
snAke_LeAder / binary inc. (working) sagt (02:45):
    [dir]  ..
    [dir]  4MP3_PLAYER
    [dir]  BLUES
    [dir]  COMEDY
    [dir]  CONVERTED
    [dir]  COUNTRY
    [dir]  GERMAN
    [dir]  GOSPEL
    [dir]  HIP HOP
    [dir]  iPOD
    [dir]  KLASSIK
    [dir]  LATIN
    [dir]  METAL
    [dir]  MISC
    [dir]  NATIVE
    [dir]  OLDIES
    [dir]  R&B
    [dir]  REGGAE
    [dir]  ROCK & POP
    [dir]  ROCK'N ROLL
    [dir]  SAMPLER
    [dir]  SINTI
    [dir]  SOUL
    [dir]  SOUNDTRACK
    [dir]  UNSORTED
Folder Count: 26, Files Count: 0
the file count is 0 but there are 17000 mp3z in the sub folders
RE: [Release] FileServer Script by ddunk on 07-08-2006 at 01:08 AM

!dir does not change directories. !dir just lists the other directories and/or files in the current directory. If you want to get into the ROCK'N ROLL folder, you need to use "!cd ROCK'N ROLL" and then to see the files that are in that folder, type !dir

Filecount only counts the number of files in the working directory.

RE: RE: [Release] FileServer Script by snAke_LeAder on 07-08-2006 at 01:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ddunk
!dir does not change directories. !dir just lists the other directories and/or files in the current directory. If you want to get into the ROCK'N ROLL folder, you need to use "!cd ROCK'N ROLL" and then to see the files that are in that folder, type !dir

this workz :D thakz a lot (Y)
RE: [Release] FileServer Script by Pai on 07-08-2006 at 02:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by tinpiliycfa
it's not that easy, I think it would be better if a window open and let user brows the folder!, is this possible ?

also can somebody make a french version please ? Thanks
That way the user that is browsing would also have to have the FileServer Script installed, and that's against the whole idea of the script: only the server needs the script :) Also, in a previous post I stated that I might implement this, but only as a secondary choice, if I have the time and nothing else more urgent is needed !

About the french version, I was thinking about making the script multi-language, but dunno if it really is needed ... I mean, you only have to type commands and download files ... There's not even much to read :X

quote:
Originally posted by craig2k5
hey thats 1 shit hot script!

got a feature request, i was trying to send a song to someone but.. they had to go throught the bother of typing "05_the_kooks_-_ooh_la.mp3" so... could you not add like a quick number? for instance next to "[File]" you could add a sort of reference number and they could just type !get 2 and it would download number 2?? if you understand me

edit:

and also turn of the automatic log out aswell? its a pain in the neck for slow typers :P
About the first suggestion, it's already on the Todo list to implement a shortcut based download system, but I could also implement that idea of having a number before the file and download it through it!

To turn off the automatic logging of FileServer sessions, uncheck the first Option in the Configuration window, named "Log FileServer sessions to a file"

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
Fixed: http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/browse/index.php?act=view&id=65
Tk U :)

quote:
You can use the !listcommands command to check what each command does/can do, or even the first post, where it says "Commands:" :P
RE: RE: RE: [Release] FileServer Script by S4mP410 on 07-08-2006 at 02:24 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ddunk

I have said this all the time..
RE: RE: [Release] FileServer Script by craig2k5 on 07-08-2006 at 10:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Pai
About the first suggestion, it's already on the Todo list to implement a shortcut based download system, but I could also implement that idea of having a number before the file and download it through it!

To turn off the automatic logging of FileServer sessions, uncheck the first Option in the Configuration window, named "Log FileServer sessions to a file"

Sorry i ment to to turn of the automatic logout Feature
RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1 by Jellings on 07-08-2006 at 11:08 AM

quote:
    * 1) Due to an internal MP!L anti-flood mechanism, only 14 consecutive messages can be sent. Therefore, if you try to list the contents of a very large directory that needs to be splitted to over 14 blocks, you'll only receive the first 14 messages (each message contains about 15 files, therefore try not to list directories with over 200 files)

Sorry if this has already been said, but:
Wouldn't changing the "milliseconds between file listings" to something like 2000 (2 seconds) allow the script to send more than 14 messages (as they would not be all at the same time)?
RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1 by Pai on 07-08-2006 at 11:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by craig2k5
Sorry i ment to to turn of the automatic logout Feature
Uhm... why not just set it to 99999999 seconds ? :P j/k, i'll include this in the next update !

quote:
Originally posted by Jellings
Wouldn't changing the "milliseconds between file listings" to something like 2000 (2 seconds) allow the script to send more than 14 messages (as they would not be all at the same time)?
I've made tests from 200ms to 3000s and plus! still blocks the messages, it's like a "block after 14 consecutive messages sent by a script no matter the time delay between them"
RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1 by newby on 07-08-2006 at 11:29 AM

in place of [dir] or [file]  can we place some cool icon?
zo can some girl see the differenc and easyer to see
what a  FILE is or a DIR

i try to make a new emotion with that code [dir] or [file]
but do not working , it work simple wheen i typing :(!

RE: RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1 by Jellings on 07-08-2006 at 11:37 AM

quote:
what a  FILE is or a DIR

Making an emote with the shortcut "[file]" worked for me. Make sure the emote shortcut is exactly the same as the [file] or [dir] (without caps or spaces)

quote:
I've made tests from 200ms to 3000s and plus! still blocks the messages, it's like a "block after 14 consecutive messages sent by a script no matter the time delay between them"

Would it be possible to make it only send 13 messages of file/folder lists, and in the 14th ask for the user to type a command such as "!next" or something that would list the next files, (the user typing this would reset the counter that only allows 14 posts)
RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1 by Pai on 07-08-2006 at 11:56 AM

quote:
what a  FILE is or a DIR

Yes that wouldn't work because I use the /noicon command, as some files may contain smiley shortcuts and makes it more difficult to copy and paste... I'll think of a solution to this :)

quote:
Making an emote with the shortcut "[file]" worked for me. Make sure the emote shortcut is exactly the same as the [file] or [dir] (without caps or spaces)
I find that hard to believe, either your /noicon command doesn't work as intended (strip all emoticons from messages) or then I don't know :P

quote:
Would it be possible to make it only send 13 messages of file/folder lists, and in the 14th ask for the user to type a command such as "!next" or something that would list the next files, (the user typing this would reset the counter that only allows 14 posts)
That *could* be done ... I'll research it a bit further and report later :P
RE: RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1 by Jellings on 07-08-2006 at 12:08 PM

quote:
quote:
I find that hard to believe, either your /noicon command doesn't work as intended (strip all emoticons from messages) or then I don't know :P

Ah, the person i was testing it on doesn't have messenger plus!, so the /noicon command didn't work on them.
so i guess that they will receive the custom emote if they don't have plus! and won't if they do have plus!.
RE: RE: RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1 by newby on 07-08-2006 at 12:57 PM

quote:

Ah, the person i was testing it on doesn't have messenger plus!, so the /noicon command didn't work on them.
so i guess that they will receive the custom emote if they don't have plus! and won't if they do have plus!.

lol  maybe must to upgrade the scrript  only by [dir] and [file]
or make the brouwser in another window cause is a very cool script man!

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1 by Pai on 07-08-2006 at 05:13 PM

Yeah if you don't use plus it shows the emoticons !

I decided to not use the /noicon anymore, as I'm implementing the number of the file for easier downloading ("!get 12" gets file in the 12th position in that folder, this number is listed with the "!dir" command) and that way you don't need to copy and paste the filename, so it's not a problem if something ends up being parsed as an emoticon by WLM!
That way you can add a shortcut for [dir] and [file] (I'll probably provide some default ones, you can then change them in your emoticon manager).

And I'm seeing more and more people requesting the browse window, I'll probably look into it ! Expect an update in the next days with some minor changes, and the browsing window in the next big update :)

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1 by Q8_Bond007 on 07-09-2006 at 04:57 PM

The bug was with requesting exe files from the fileserver, when someone request it gets freezed with "File warning transfare" i press continue, it spam sending the file
pressing cancel the file
the point is that file warning transfare freezes the MSN, so i have to end task and run again

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1 by Pai on 07-09-2006 at 05:11 PM

I'm afraid that that has nothing to do with this script, but with WLM itself, because all the script does is initiate the file transfer, then WLM handles the rest (including the security issues).

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1 by Neverwinter on 07-10-2006 at 09:57 AM

This is one of my favourite scripts. My contacts love it also, I can see this getting a lot of hits when everyone finaly moves to Live.

I do have a request though. I'd like to be able to add other commands that give different responses. Like !about (just as an example).

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1 by ShawnZ on 07-10-2006 at 09:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Neverwinter
I do have a request though. I'd like to be able to add other commands that give different responses. Like !about (just as an example).

That kind of goes beyond the scope of the script's use... wouldn't a responder script be better for that?
RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1 by Neverwinter on 07-10-2006 at 10:09 AM

Well, it would, but as the script does respond to commands anyway, why not just impliment it? IRC fileservers worked in similar ways, atleast the one I used did.

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1 by tinpiliycfa on 07-10-2006 at 10:37 AM

I tried to change the script (changing english sentences to french) but it desactivate it... ???

it does the same when I change the commands.

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1 by Pai on 07-10-2006 at 10:50 AM

I can implement it, but it would only be able to respond pre-defined text and that has nothing to do with the idea of the script :S it's for browsing fileservers and sharing files, not respond to personal commands :X but oh well, if you guys want it ...

@ tinpiliycfa lol you're not supposed to change it nor I'll give support to that, you can either wait for the release that will support multilanguage (probably 2.0) or do the changes and live with the results (good or bad) :P

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1 by tinpiliycfa on 07-10-2006 at 11:14 AM

ok thanks pai, but even if I change the command...

there is an option to personalise commande and when i change in there, it stops !

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1 by Pai on 07-10-2006 at 11:26 AM

Are you using spaces in it ?

What's the string you are trying to change to ?

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1 by tinpiliycfa on 07-10-2006 at 11:46 AM

In customize filserver command

I changed : !dire by !montrer et !get by !prendre

also when I add a user, the "seconds before logout" box goes empty

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1 by Pai on 07-10-2006 at 11:56 AM

uhm that's strange, none of those should happen ...

could you do me a favor and zip your "%PROGRAM_FILES%\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts\FileServer" directory and email ( paizito[at]gmail.com ) it to me ? Of course without the users.txt and dirs.txt :)

Thanks

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1 by tinpiliycfa on 07-10-2006 at 12:30 PM

well now it works, so I don't know why it didn't before !!

But I hope to have a french version soon because my firneds don't understand english verry well so they don't want to use it

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1 by Lou on 07-10-2006 at 04:24 PM

Where is the changelog?

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1 by Neverwinter on 07-10-2006 at 05:09 PM

I believe if you edit the script there is a changelog in there... Atleast I THINK I saw it in there.

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1 by Jiggs on 07-10-2006 at 06:14 PM

so, is shortcuts possible? i mean, is it possible to have a folder full of shortcuts, and when the user "gets" one of those shortcuts, they aer sent the file the shortcut points to?
this way, we could put many files in one folder, and share that folder. but without having to copy the actual file, and taking up HDD space.

do i make sense? possible at all?

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1 by BiruZ on 07-10-2006 at 06:52 PM

There is a problem. the user can type cd \.\..\..\..\..\ and it can see everything in your pc :( :S

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1 by qgroessl on 07-10-2006 at 07:20 PM

Couple of questions....... I know both don't have to have the script... but do both need MP!L?.... and do both need WLM?

RE: RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1 by snAke_LeAder on 07-10-2006 at 07:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by BiruZ
There is a problem. the user can type cd \.\..\..\..\..\ and it can see everything in your pc :( :S

outch *-)
RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1 by Pai on 07-10-2006 at 10:53 PM

Outch indeed :S expect a quick fix for that huge security problem in the next minutes (I'll update this post when ready)

edit: fixed! Force your auto-update to update to 1.1.1 (Todo: make a "Force Update" menu option)

Please report if this fixed the problem completely ! Thanks !

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1 by cloudhunter on 07-11-2006 at 02:11 AM

Not meaning to be critical but please don't post without any information on why... Why that face?

Cloudy

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1 by Pai on 07-11-2006 at 07:34 PM

@ cloudhunter: what ?

Anyway, the script is now designed for being multi-language, so I need some translators :P If you're available to translate about 100 lines I'll send you the file containing the english strings. You'll have a few days to translate it, but I'd like to release v2.0 not over a week from now, and you have the time to translate the strings while I work on the other features that I want to implement (statistics, PSM change when fileserver is active, get files from file ID, etc).

So, if you want to translate, please send me a PM with the language you can translate to (one language per user please) and your e-mail so I can send you the file :) If over one user sends me a PM to the same language, I'll select the first!

---------------------------------------------------------------

@ Jiggs: I'm implementing an Get file by ID, so you only have to type !get XX and file in XX position gets sent.. Doesn't this simplify your task? It's just that implementing that feature (put shortcuts in a folder and then share it) would require extra work, because the script would have to read the file contents and the redirect to that file, that coult arise some security issues...

@ UTI: you only need an MSN account, and a client that can send messages and receive files :P no WLM is required, MSN or even Windows Messenger is enough :)

@ .Lou: I only implemented the change-log in the auto-update window, and forgot to add it to the main post :) i'll do it asap

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1 by Xalo on 07-11-2006 at 11:48 PM

Hi!

I want to translate your file to Dutch, I've sent you a PM.
By the way, can you make a option so there is no account needed, so everyone can use the fileserver without logging in? That would be great!

Greetings from Holland,
Xalo

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1 by Pai on 07-12-2006 at 12:25 AM

Thanks for the availability (snAke_LeAder and Xano until now :P)

About the "guest" account, I have to find out a "nice" way to implement this without risking security, so for now you can always create an account (user: guest pass: guest or 0 or whtv) to mimic that behavior :)

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1 by cloudhunter on 07-12-2006 at 12:45 AM

@Pai: It wasn't directed at you, it was directed at someone who did a random :^) emote, then deleted their message after i had left :$ Sorry for the confusion :)

Cloudy

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1 - Translators needed ! by Xalo on 07-12-2006 at 12:44 PM

The file is translated to Dutch, check your mail Pai. ;)

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1 - Translators needed ! by prashker on 07-13-2006 at 06:27 PM

Bug Found

So I let Nathan get a file from me and I told him to logout and it follows the bug in bold

Nathan says:
!logout
SonicSam says:
You are now logged out. Thank you for using this FileServer!

Nathan says:

Transfer of "msgsres.dll" is complete.

SonicSam says:

SonicSam says:
You have been logged out due to inactivity. Thank you for using this FileServer!

SonicSam says:
hmmm
SonicSam says:
bug?

-----

He already logged out yet inactivity happened when he was not logged on :S

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1 - Translators needed ! by Pai on 07-13-2006 at 06:48 PM

* Pai forgot to cancel the timer for inactivity when the user manually logged out :wall:

Fixed :) Tkx

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1 - Translators needed ! by prashker on 07-13-2006 at 06:50 PM

No problem and thanks for fixing :)

RE: RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1 by juanitoc on 07-14-2006 at 01:06 AM

I can traslate it into spanish.

Comment: i have a problem trying to update... i see the display and press the button "Install"... but nothing happens!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Pai
@ cloudhunter: what ?

Anyway, the script is now designed for being multi-language, so I need some translators :P If you're available to translate about 100 lines I'll send you the file containing the english strings. You'll have a few days to translate it, but I'd like to release v2.0 not over a week from now, and you have the time to translate the strings while I work on the other features that I want to implement (statistics, PSM change when fileserver is active, get files from file ID, etc).

So, if you want to translate, please send me a PM with the language you can translate to (one language per user please) and your e-mail so I can send you the file :) If over one user sends me a PM to the same language, I'll select the first!

---------------------------------------------------------------

@ Jiggs: I'm implementing an Get file by ID, so you only have to type !get XX and file in XX position gets sent.. Doesn't this simplify your task? It's just that implementing that feature (put shortcuts in a folder and then share it) would require extra work, because the script would have to read the file contents and the redirect to that file, that coult arise some security issues...

@ UTI: you only need an MSN account, and a client that can send messages and receive files :P no WLM is required, MSN or even Windows Messenger is enough :)

@ .Lou: I only implemented the change-log in the auto-update window, and forgot to add it to the main post :) i'll do it asap

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1 - Translators needed ! by Pai on 07-14-2006 at 09:28 AM

Uhm that's strange, can you open up the debugging dialog and show me what is the error that appears (if any) when you click the Install button ? Thank you

About the spanish translation, please PM me your e-mail if you're interested :)

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1 - Translators needed ! by Controversy92 on 07-14-2006 at 10:49 PM

Every time someone tries to use it, I can get them to login, but then when they type !dir, nothing happens.

EDIT:
Nevermind, got it to work.  But the !cd doesn't work now.

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1 - Translators needed ! by sql on 07-15-2006 at 02:16 AM

Hi, I really enjoyed the FileServer script, great work \o/

Well, here the function  !cd(changedir) is not working since I installed the first version so I'm posting screenshots about it, and about a bug when you click "Customize > File Server Commands", and should open just one window, but it open as many windows as you click =p

Thats it, I think..
And I pm'ed you about the translation =)

Thx again.

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1 - Translators needed ! by Pai on 07-15-2006 at 06:10 PM

@ Controversy92: are there any errors displayed in the Debug Script log when you use those commands? If so, please post them here :)

@ sql: I couldn't reproduce that, but that might be caused by the quick fix for the !cd ..\..\..\..\ security issue, I made a few changes to the check so I hope it is now working (I tested it a bit, and seems fine) and will be available in the next update!

--------------------------

About the translations, the following languages will be available:
Brazilian (by sql)
Dutch (by Xalo)
French (by Yil2201)
German (by snAke_LeAder)
Portuguese (by myself)
Spanish (by juanitoc)

If you speak another language, have the time to translate about 100 lines and don't mind the trouble, please PM me with your e-mail and the language you can translate to :)

As of this moment, I can't give you a date for when a new update will be available, as I'm in the middle of exams (school) and probably won't devote much of my time to the script during this period of about two weeks, so please bear with me during this time :) As always, I'll post here if an updated version is available, and you'll also be informed by the script itself it there's an update.

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.1 - Translators needed ! by Voodooman on 07-16-2006 at 01:09 PM

Hello Pai!!!  i wanna translate it in2 Russian lang.... it was 1st.
And 2nd: !CD command NOT WORK in 1.1.1 release!!!!!
so when i have listed few directories in root folder, no one able 2 change current dir 2 any of these sub dirs, so i only able 2 share files in root folder ((( PLEASE FIX !CD PROBLEM!!!
And also 3rd: Would be very nice if you will add ability 2 download full folder with all sub folders and files in it (sounds impossible 4 several reasons, but there are nothing impossible in this world ;-) ) And also REALY EASY and perfect will be customisable (just add in settings windows form where everyone can change default message) Wellcome message of fileserver, if it also will support variables of commands (4 reason when default cmds changed) it will be realy Great!!! ))
THX

RE: RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.1 - Translators needed ! by sql on 07-16-2006 at 03:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Voodooman
Hello Pai!!!  i wanna translate it in2 Russian lang.... it was 1st.
And 2nd: !CD command NOT WORK in 1.1.1 release!!!!!
so when i have listed few directories in root folder, no one able 2 change current dir 2 any of these sub dirs, so i only able 2 share files in root folder ((( PLEASE FIX !CD PROBLEM!!!
And also 3rd: Would be very nice if you will add ability 2 download full folder with all sub folders and files in it (sounds impossible 4 several reasons, but there are nothing impossible in this world ;-) ) And also REALY EASY and perfect will be customisable (just add in settings windows form where everyone can change default message) Wellcome message of fileserver, if it also will support variables of commands (4 reason when default cmds changed) it will be realy Great!!! ))
THX

I already reported this issue ;)
"@ sql: I couldn't reproduce that, but that might be caused by the quick fix for the !cd ..\..\..\..\ security issue, I made a few changes to the check so I hope it is now working (I tested it a bit, and seems fine) and will be available in the next update!"

About the folders, well..you can't download a folder, just files...
So you can organize your files according to the folder, for example
You have folder, [mp3] , there you have the artist folder, ex: [madonna], so you should rename the files like this: "Madonna - Music1.mp3", "Madonna - Music2.mp3".
So if you want to download madonna songs, you just type !getm Madonna*   , and it should request the transfer of all files with that name.(the files that are inside of that dir =] )

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.1 - Translators needed ! by Pai on 07-18-2006 at 12:39 AM

1st: You have my PM :)
2nd: it's fixed, not public yet ! download updated version :P
3rd: I don't think that's a very smart thing to do/implement, considering Plus! lack of control over file transfers ... You would either be flooded with files, or be sent a file every X time and that doesn't seem very appealing to me |: maybe if someday plus! script engine provides control over filetransfers, maybe I could build a nice feature with it :) meanwhile, you can follow sql's suggestion, as it's more simple and already possible with the current script :D

edit: 1.1.2 released, !cd command works now :)

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 - Translators needed ! by cloudhunter on 07-18-2006 at 01:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Pai
3rd: I don't think that's a very smart thing to do/implement, considering Plus! lack of control over file transfers ... You would either be flooded with files, or be sent a file every X time and that doesn't seem very appealing to me |: maybe if someday plus! script engine provides control over filetransfers, maybe I could build a nice feature with it (Smilie) meanwhile, you can follow sql's suggestion, as it's more simple and already possible with the current script (Smilie)

Another possibility is that you could get the script to compress all the files into a zip, and send the zip. However, I'm not sure if there are any native calls that could do this or whether you would have to create an external DLL. Just a thought :)

Cloudy
RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 - Translators needed ! by bigguy_132 on 07-18-2006 at 05:09 AM

You should make it so you can deny a user a certain folder. I know you can edit what folder they can access. But there are people I want to give full access to my HD but just not to certain folders.

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 - Translators needed ! by Raph4 on 07-18-2006 at 07:17 AM

You search a translators..!?
If you want, I can help you, I'm french

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 - Translators needed ! by Pai on 07-18-2006 at 11:55 AM

@ cloudhunter: that is a nice idea indeed, and I like it :P so there's a high chance I'll do that (dunno how yet) !

@ bigguy_132: you can edit what folder to access, and you can allow or deny access to sub-directories from the root folder ! I don't think more restrictions should be put into place, it would just bloat the simple and straightforward script that I want it to be :) Just either block access to subdirectories, or move them to a level before root access ! Maybe I'll add an option to not allow access to hidden files/directories, but for now what you get is what's in the script :)

@ Raph4: Thank you, but there is a french translator already :) Maybe you can help other projects from other developers ;) Thanks anyway :D

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 - Translators needed ! by arvit on 07-18-2006 at 01:05 PM

translators--> i can help in spanish(There is one translator:P)/catalan:P

RE: RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 - Translators needed ! by Voodooman on 07-18-2006 at 02:23 PM

quote:
Another possibility is that you could get the script to compress all the files into a zip, and send the zip. However, I'm not sure if there are any native calls that could do this or whether you would have to create an external DLL. Just a thought :)

Cloudy

Oh i think its better 2 use RAR compression its better and have many features like solid compression and password encryption (u can include console RAR.EXE for example renamed 2 pack.dll etc) then server must pack it and store temporary until file will be sent
RE: RE: RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 - Translators needed ! by cloudhunter on 07-19-2006 at 01:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Voodooman
Oh i think its better 2 use RAR compression its better and have many features like solid compression and password encryption (u can include console RAR.EXE for example renamed 2 pack.dll etc) then server must pack it and store temporary until file will be sent

Most people use zip however, and the ability to read them is built into Windows ME and above. Also, as the files most people will be sharing is MP3's, Compression doesn't matter anyway.

@Pai: I think there might be methods built into JScript for compressing to zip, but I couldn't make heads or tails of it. Maybe this will help?

MSDN

Cloudy
RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 - Translators needed ! by Pai on 07-19-2006 at 01:56 AM

Thanks cloudhunter, that won't work because it's not JScript related, but I'll find a way don't worry about it :P

@ arvit: Is it really needed to have two languages for the same country ? I mean, doesn't a person understand both languages if he's from Spain ?

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 - Translators needed ! by arvit on 07-19-2006 at 09:06 AM

yes :P

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 - Translators needed ! by cloudhunter on 07-19-2006 at 04:35 PM

Ah sorry :$ I guess I thought it was for JScript because of this part ;)

code:
JScript

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 - Translators needed ! by prashker on 07-21-2006 at 02:26 AM

2 More Bugs found

In the configure window if you have more than 1 user on the list, clicking Remove Removes them all (even when clicking one user then clicking Remove)

bug 2: After removing the users (weither it is 1 user or more) the "Registered Users" stays at the number of users it had before remove-age :P for me it is

Registered Users (2) even tho I removed both of them

Tho it goes back to 0 after you exit and open the config again

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 - Translators needed ! by Pai on 07-21-2006 at 11:54 AM

Woah that definitely shouldn't happen !

It should delete only the selected user, and if there isn't any selected it should display an error message! that's how I coded it and how it works here :x

Also, the "Registered Users (whtv)" is handled by the same function that displays the users in the ListView, so if it updates after deleting, Registeres Users should also !

Are you using the latest version ? I don't remember editing this part of the code, so it should be working in your pc as it is in mine :S

Anyone else can confirm this ? |:

Thanks !

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 - Translators needed ! by sql on 07-21-2006 at 01:05 PM

Pai, I already reported another bug, but you didn't correct yet =~
You go Fileserver>Config>Fileserver Commands

You click once, one window pops-up, you click twice, another window pops-up, and continue, if you click 50 times, 50 windows will pop-up, and that shouldn't happen , I guess that one window should be opened and while it's opened , the user can't open another one.

If you need screenshots I'll send \o\
Cya

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 - Translators needed ! by Pai on 07-21-2006 at 01:51 PM

It's not in the public yet, but I fixed it already for the next version :P

I just re-downloaded 1.1.1 and fixed the !cd issue because it was big, and didn't remember the small things :P

I forgot to close the Configuration window when the Customize Commands one pops up, so you can't open more windows :P

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 - Translators needed ! by Ices_Eyes on 07-21-2006 at 03:02 PM

Pai, all ok with the itlaian translation? I've not seen nothing from you after i've send you it  :P

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 - Translators needed ! by prashker on 07-21-2006 at 03:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pai
Are you using the latest version ? I don't remember editing this part of the code, so it should be working in your pc as it is in mine (Smilie)

I am using 1.1.2 :P
RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 - Translators needed ! by sql on 07-21-2006 at 03:58 PM

Hm, pai..
I was looking..
When someone types !login anything , supose the user doesn't exist , the server reply the msg "none", should we translate that?
And the "About"(Fileserver>About) is not translated, I mean, I translated the .txt file but it doesn't change stays "none", you know ? lol
And... "Save Custom Commands" is not translated either.
The other issues are about the translated parts that doesn't fit there..
And the last one..ah, I think it's not working very well !dir for 500+ files, and I didn't get about the cmd !next 12 o.o

That's all =)
Thx.

edit: oh hell ya, I forgot to mention...now the cmd !get <number> works, but I wanna ask, could you implement that to folders too? I mean..there's a lot of people who puts ******* names to folders, so it's annoying to type..could be like..
[folder] 1)
[folder] 2)
[file]      3)
[file]      4)

So you could use !cd <folder-number> and !get <file-number>, btw, just a suggestion. =P

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 - Translators needed ! by UnKnOwN DrAgOoN on 07-21-2006 at 11:21 PM

Hi everybody,

I've a problem with lastest version (1.1.2). To say it quickly, the dir command seems to be uneffective (no answer, like if it wasn't a command).

I've this issue with others commands. Just !fileserver and !login are ok. I can login, but i can't do anything else after. So i try to log me again, etc...

Thanks for your help =/.

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 - Translators needed ! by Xhysa on 07-22-2006 at 03:14 PM

I'm a big fan of your script, there. It's so useful.

An idea for functionality purposes would be so that you could edit and change what it says when they type in the various commands. I tried editting the file myself, and it stopped working. :P

And a really advanced option way into the future would be for them to be abe to change your DP to one of the images in that folder for a brief period of time so that they can preview it.

It would be cool if you could add me. sphizzy@hotmail.com

Keep up the good work. :)

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 - Translators needed ! by Pai on 07-22-2006 at 04:30 PM

@ Ices_Eyes: all translations are OK :) I'll need some extra strings, but I'll e-mail you guys when I finish implementing the features I want !

@ SonicSam: That's really odd :S I really have no clue of what can be wrong, the section of code is untouched since the first version ! Was it working in the previous versions ?

@ sql: About the missing translations don't worry, I just forgot to replace some things in the code but all the translations are now working correctly :)
About the 500+ files stuff, I tried to workaround this limitation but even with the timer between file listings, and a command for continuing the file listings (!next) it still doesn't work ... I can't do much more about it, as it is the anti-flood mechanism from plus.. It just won't let me send over 12/13/14 consecutive messages, even if the user browsing types something ... I'll try to find a solution to this, but it doesn't look good :S
About the folder numbering, yes I can implement it, but it won't work like that, folder and file numbering are independent so the files will always start at 1) !

@ UnKnOwN DrAgOoN: that's strange ... the only difference between the fileserver/login commands and the others is that the others check if the user authenticated successfully! but even if you didn't authenticate, it should reply an error message saying you aren't logged in ... Does it always happen, or just sometimes ?

Thanks all :)

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 - Translators needed ! by prashker on 07-22-2006 at 04:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pai
@ SonicSam: That's really odd (Smilie) I really have no clue of what can be wrong, the section of code is untouched since the first version ! Was it working in the previous versions ?

No idea :P

I never had more than 1 in the other builds :P
RE: RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 - Translators needed ! by sql on 07-22-2006 at 05:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pai
@ sql: About the missing translations don't worry, I just forgot to replace some things in the code but all the translations are now working correctly :)
About the 500+ files stuff, I tried to workaround this limitation but even with the timer between file listings, and a command for continuing the file listings (!next) it still doesn't work ... I can't do much more about it, as it is the anti-flood mechanism from plus.. It just won't let me send over 12/13/14 consecutive messages, even if the user browsing types something ... I'll try to find a solution to this, but it doesn't look good :S
About the folder numbering, yes I can implement it, but it won't work like that, folder and file numbering are independent so the files will always start at 1) !

I didn't get it about the numbers being independent o.o
You mean, folders are 01,02,03 and files 1,2,3 ? o.O
Could it be like irc too, you put a # in front of file numbers :P
Translation "About Button" Fixed.
RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 - Translators needed ! by Pai on 07-22-2006 at 05:35 PM

Using the example you provided:
Can't be like this:
[folder] 1)
[folder] 2)
[file]      3)
[file]      4)

Must be like this:
[folder] 1)
[folder] 2)
[file]      1)
[file]      2)

:P

I don't remember much from IRC (it's over a couple of years I've used it), what do you mean by putting a # ?

@ SonicSam: you seem to be the only one with the problem :S What OS are you using ? Maybe there's some limitation in the way your OS handles Scripting.FileSystemObject ... I really dunno :X

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by sql on 07-22-2006 at 05:42 PM

Oh, I mean..
Like this:
[folder] 1)
[folder] 2)
[file]    #1)
[file]    #2)

But the command !cd doesn't stuck with !get, so whatever:P
I tried a lot of times and ways, but "saveBtn" translation doesn't work, any language you choose, this one isn't translated.

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by Pai on 07-22-2006 at 05:45 PM

oh, yeah, but it doesn't matter actually as they're independent :P

and don't worry about the translation, I already said it was in the code, I forgot to tell it to go fetch the translated string for that component :P

All translations are OK and working as expected ;)

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by prashker on 07-22-2006 at 05:47 PM

Pai: maybe the reason it's bugging up is because I got a new pc as you know.....

and I installed FileServer 1.0 and then it gave the update window to go to 1.1.2.....

could it be because it skipped some updates this is why those bugs are happening?

quote:
Originally posted by Pai
@ SonicSam: you seem to be the only one with the problem (Smilie) What OS are you using ? Maybe there's some limitation in the way your OS handles Scripting.FileSystemObject ... I really dunno :X

Windows XP Media Center Edition SP2
RE: RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by sql on 07-22-2006 at 05:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pai
oh, yeah, but it doesn't matter actually as they're independent :P

and don't worry about the translation, I already said it was in the code, I forgot to tell it to go fetch the translated string for that component :P

All translations are OK and working as expected ;)

Ok ^^ .
I should send you the updated file then :D
RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by BlackStar on 07-22-2006 at 08:10 PM

Impossible to login
Filersever says that I have to login which I have but it says all the time that I have to login.
CD and dir gives nothing at all.
I can't make anything to work except that it is running on the user side.
I installed it for the first time and had immediately to get the last version.

Whats wrong here?

EDIT: Sorry! I just found the error. The "seconds before automatic logout" just lost the numbers after the first time.

The second time I filled it in was staying and now it works. First time it looked like this "1#, QNAND".
But I could only see this: "1#, QN" the rest was invisible behind the right border.

I didn't know were to put the numbers so I put it ( xx ) after "1#, xx"
The next time the gadget was empty, thats when I found the error.

RE: RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by sql on 07-22-2006 at 08:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by BlackStar
EDIT: Sorry! I just found the error. The "seconds before automatic logout" just lost the numbers after the first time.

The second time I filled it in was staying and now it works. First time it looked like this "1#, QNAND".
But I could only see this: "1#, QN" the rest was invisible behind the right border.

I didn't know were to put the numbers so I put it ( xx ) after "1#, xx"
The next time the gadget was empty, thats when I found the error.

I didn't get it what you just said :S
RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by BlackStar on 07-22-2006 at 08:30 PM

Errmm...
In the Fileserver - Options, in the bottom is a command to set number of automatic logout

RE: RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by sql on 07-22-2006 at 08:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by BlackStar
Errmm...
In the Fileserver - Options, in the bottom is a command to set number of automatic logout

lol, that I got it, I didn't understand the part
"First time it looked like this "1#, QNAND".
But I could only see this: "1#, QN" the rest was invisible behind the right border."

o.o
RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by BlackStar on 07-22-2006 at 08:47 PM

Sorry, my bad! :$

Lack of information from my side..... :-(

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by Pai on 07-22-2006 at 09:03 PM

Uhm, that happens when there isn't a empty line in the end of the configuration file (dunno why, it just does :x) and can be caused by manually editing the file :x If you do, make sure you keep an blank line at the end of the file :p

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by Raph4 on 07-23-2006 at 09:00 AM

can you add function for resume download?
(similar of filetransferplus plugin)

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by UnKnOwN DrAgOoN on 07-23-2006 at 04:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pai
@ UnKnOwN DrAgOoN: that's strange ... the only difference between the fileserver/login commands and the others is that the others check if the user authenticated successfully! but even if you didn't authenticate, it should reply an error message saying you aren't logged in ... Does it always happen, or just sometimes ?

Thanks all (Smilie)

Unfortunately always. I have fixed seconds before logout to 999999 so i don't know...if you have a solution to fix. Thanks.
RE: RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by cloudhunter on 07-23-2006 at 06:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Raph4
can you add function for resume download?
(similar of filetransferplus plugin)

This is beyond the scope of this plugin ;) This is a server script. However FileTransferPlus is being developed for Plus! Live
RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by Pai on 07-23-2006 at 08:05 PM

Indeed, the script sends the files with the usual WLM transfer method, and does not require that the script is installed on both ends, so I couldn't possibly implement resume :) nor I want to, because it would require the script to be on both server and client machines.

@ UnKnOwN DrAgOoN: I can't fix it because there's nothing wrong with the code (I looked at it several times already)... Could you try and set the auto-logout to 0 (disable it) to see if it still happens ? Thanks

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by UnKnOwN DrAgOoN on 07-24-2006 at 08:32 AM

I tried too but i've this bug again. I really don't know what happens...

Thanks for your help :) i'll try again today, if i've a solution, i'll post it.

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by ThunderStorm on 07-25-2006 at 12:43 PM

My users cannot log in, but my users have their usernames and passwords.
Whats the problem?

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by sql on 07-27-2006 at 08:23 PM

Pai, in the v. 1.1.2 login cmd wasn't working here either.
In the beta is working fine. I don't have a clue why that's happening =p

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by Voodooman on 07-30-2006 at 01:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Pai
Indeed, the script sends the files with the usual WLM transfer method, and does not require that the script is installed on both ends, so I couldn't possibly implement resume :) nor I want to, because it would require the script to be on both server and client machines.

hi! Hm....  u know u can use hybrid feature, 4 example u can do stand alone script something like "FS download resumer" or just "FS Downloader"  (so any user who dont want 2 use file server 4 himself can use just this kind of downloader for fs that will support resuming) btw u can add in this script multi-part downloading of file that will accelerate downloading of one or two files...
And ofcoz if u will do this things u need 2 add in FS same built in feature.... btw if u will do this then both sides who have FS will turn into simple MSN based P2P... or anyway it can stand alone script
Oh btw i have great idea for FS downloader... well first 2 features need server side support but few another can be in stand alone one:
Download scheluder\bot - few customisable easy rules like time when 2 start download then what 2 download, then where 2 store files.... and users who have FS server* and also accaunts data.
*it will send something like ping command 2 selected users that FS will recognise and will confirm 2 bot its existance
*then FS will send current commands list that will be stored for current msn account that have FS server (temporary) and Bot will try 2 login with all accounts until if fail or souced, then it will start 2 check available files
*it will start download them using rules....
Also this Client-server type of scripts can help 2 download floders... 1st info willl be formated data about folder where file is located and second will be that file at that moment other files will stay sceluded until current one or few will not be downloaded.
Well sounds like not easy algorythm but its possible
rhx and please check your PM))
RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by Doonce on 07-31-2006 at 09:23 PM

I can't get this script working..  The user logs in, they use !dir and nothing happens.  The root folder is set, and there are folders there, I have checked sub-directories.

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by bluemouse on 08-01-2006 at 10:30 AM

I still cannot get people to log in properly.

I made the accounts and everything, but when they type !login username pass       nothing happens.

When they type !login <username> <pass> it says invalid password (with the <>)

Ideas? It should be the correct password.

Great script though!

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by Pai on 08-01-2006 at 11:41 AM

Ok people I'm now fully on vacation and I'll start developing 2.0, expect it soon :) About that errors you are having with the login commands, I suspect it's something related with the auto-logout feature, but you'll have it fixed for 2.0 !

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by Thor on 08-01-2006 at 11:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Pai
expect it soon  About that errors you are having with the login commands, I suspect it's something related with the auto-logout featur
Great, I'll soon be done with the trasnlation, I've been busy... :)
RE: RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by sql on 08-01-2006 at 01:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nitrolinken
Great, I'll soon be done with the translation, I've been busy... :)

Same here :)

@Pai: And how can we fix the size of the lines? Some translations takes more space than it has and we can't read everything. So tell me what you need, screenshots or whatever =)
RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by Pai on 08-01-2006 at 02:18 PM

I just need the translations, all windows have been resized to acommodate all strings so don't worry about that :p

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by sql on 08-01-2006 at 02:36 PM

And what about "saveBtn=Save Custom Commands"?
Changing that doesn't translate o.o, I don't know why..
And what about the window bug?(You open as much as you want by clicking on "FileServer Commands", is that fixed on 1.1.2?(I'm still using beta, so I'd like to know =] )

RE: RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 - Translators needed ! by Pai on 08-01-2006 at 02:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pai

I just forgot to change the code to translate that text, don't worry about it :P

The same for the multiple-windows-bug, it's fixed :P
RE: RE: RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 - Translators needed ! by sql on 08-01-2006 at 03:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pai
I just forgot to change the code to translate that text, don't worry about it :P

Alright, thanks again =P
Just can't wait for 2.0 \o/
RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by Voodooman on 08-03-2006 at 08:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Pai

Hi again i still did not recieved files to do translation, i sent u PM but have no reply, please send me latest files so i can make Russian translation))

P.S. - did anybody hear my crazy idea about downloader?
RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by Pai on 08-03-2006 at 10:28 AM

Hi just PM'd you explaining the situation :)

About the downloader, I really don't want to implement any of this to FS, there are scripts being developed to allow resume and other features in file transfers. The most I'll implement in FS in the future is an option to use other transfer mechanism, if it available (ie: if script FileTransferPlus is installed, FS will send files using this).

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by bluemouse on 08-11-2006 at 04:06 AM

heya, how long till the next release?

Cheers

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by Nightfawx on 08-13-2006 at 07:13 PM

hey man, awesome programm. I would like to help you translate, if you need a German translator. also i have an idea for your upcoming 2.0.   I didn't read all of the posts to see if this was allready suggested, but the first thing would be to have some sort of overview window (or text) that stays at the bottom of the window or just stays put somewhere where you can always look at it. This way you don't have to keep scrolling up to check on your "client's" download progress. An alternative way to do this is to make a host-command for example: !status or !progress wich gives the host a short text message stating the percentage of the download.

tell me what you think and keep up the good work

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by snAke_LeAder on 08-13-2006 at 07:17 PM

german is already done :P

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by Nightfawx on 08-13-2006 at 07:17 PM

crap ^^

[no subject] by GutterClown on 08-27-2006 at 07:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Controversy92
Every time someone tries to use it, I can get them to login, but then when they type !dir, nothing happens.

EDIT:
Nevermind, got it to work.  But the !cd doesn't work now.

Seems I've the same problem.  I did open the debugging console to find the error, but I had this issue

EDIT: Nevermind.  Fourth Restart seemed to fix it.  Interesting :S
RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by JamesBeach on 10-10-2006 at 10:02 AM

This script is awesome and thank you for your hard work. :)

One suggestion, I'd like the ability to easy edit the messages that are sent in response to commands and events without having to edit the javascript itself. Though I realize that the fact that some of them use variables is a bit tricky, so I'm not sure if this could easily be done.

Also, maybe user-creatable commands that can be used to send custom messages with a toggle for whether users have to be logged in or not for those commands to work.

Basically I want it easier to I guess broadcast that I have something to share and I want to share it. As it stands right now, I have to expressly inform any potential users that the function is even there and how to use it, which is frustrating for both parties. Being able to tell them to type "$help" for a description of what's being shared and how to access it would be really neat.

But the product is already great, so these are just minor things. Keep up the good work. :)

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by loco9 on 10-12-2006 at 03:54 PM

hi! I would like to get it in Spanish,  Is it done?

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by Ultrimoz on 10-12-2006 at 07:58 PM

Love it :D

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by Geo on 10-16-2006 at 07:53 PM

Good script.(Y)

It would indeed be inlcude it with the shared folder.
Have the possibility of copying files towards the shared folder with a control (quota per contacts).

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by TheMusicPirate on 11-06-2006 at 12:45 AM

i am having a issue with the script.

for the registered user part, when i add a user what do i type is as the username and password?

and when i want to login what do i type after the !login ........which username and password do i use? the one on my computer or the one my friend added on his side?

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by spaztaz666 on 11-29-2006 at 07:53 PM

ok one thing i can get ppls tologin but then !dir command doesnt work any ideas????

taz

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by YottabyteWizard on 12-03-2006 at 08:33 PM

i found a way to solve the issue that prevents !dir to work...

Simply turn off the file server:
On WLM contact window click on the MPL icon and go to fileserver, change it to off. After this, go to the same place and then turn it on.

Now !dir will answer.

Weird, but it worked for me.

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by okaygo on 01-15-2007 at 04:50 AM

Although I don't know how to use it now, but this is a nice script.

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by arlenny on 03-25-2007 at 10:18 PM

well i wanna have it in spanish.. maybe i'll understand it more.. i have a few problems.. i can't login... and the !dir comman doesn't workk... :S

thanks!!! :)

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by droobey on 04-14-2007 at 03:55 PM

I'm having problems :@

I can use the script fine if I use web messenger or use multiple accounts on the same computer the script is running on, but my contacts cannot use the script. Help

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by jack192.168 on 05-05-2007 at 11:13 PM

I hva problems... the "!dir comman didnīt work... can somebody help me?:$

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by m0rp3hus on 05-06-2007 at 10:59 AM

The !dir command dont work for me. This is the only bug i have found so far.

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by jack192.168 on 05-06-2007 at 08:14 PM

ok,

when will be solved the bug?

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by m0rp3hus on 05-07-2007 at 07:40 AM

OK, problem solved. Was another script stopping it from working, disable the scripts you dont use and hopefully that should solve the problem.

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by Bryan84 on 05-14-2007 at 07:21 AM

Is there a way where instead of !dir, the script can create a .TXT file of the DIR and auto send to the user when requested?

!dir will display thousands of lines in my folder. I need a better way out of this.

Can you also make it customisable that when user !login .. we can set our MOTD? Or message of our own? Instead of asking them to !dir

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by Manga-Manga on 06-06-2007 at 04:51 PM

Hello mine english is not so well comes from Germany. I do not understand it like that to go am, my friend can log in as am that at all to go did not read! login <user> <pass> however then nothing comes please around assistance.

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by kth6 on 06-11-2007 at 11:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Pai
Problems:
  • 1) Due to an internal MP!L anti-flood mechanism, only 14 consecutive messages can be sent. Therefore, if you try to list the contents of a very large directory that needs to be splitted to over 14 blocks, you'll only receive the first 14 messages (each message contains about 15 files, therefore try not to list directories with over 200 files)

I think i may have the fix, disable MP!L support for increasing maximum message length to 1100 and install Stuffplug and enable increase maximum message length to 5000.
5000*14=70000
Should solve most problems except for extremely long file lists/names
RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by prashker on 06-11-2007 at 11:24 AM

No, it's not that kind of anti-flood mechanism :p.

by the way, where is Pai these days :P?

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by Volv on 06-11-2007 at 12:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kth6
I think i may have the fix, disable MP!L support for increasing maximum message length to 1100 and install Stuffplug and enable increase maximum message length to 5000.
5000*14=70000
Should solve most problems except for extremely long file lists/names
It's a restriction placed on scripts by the Scripting Engine itself.
RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by grooveeo on 06-29-2007 at 04:13 PM

three suggestions

• how about assigning each file a number so you can write !get 9 instead of the full file name
  • currently temporary locked files are listed in the list as well. How about just showing files that are visible and available?
  • integrating a translation panel so you can enter your own words

but great progam anyway (H) love it

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by lyobovnik on 06-29-2007 at 10:28 PM

Hi.  Great script idea...  but the only command I can get working is "!login"...

Nothing else is recognized. :S

I'm using WLM v8.1.0178.00, and Plus! v4.23.0.276

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by useer on 07-02-2007 at 08:47 PM

Hey, i think it's a great script! But there's just a tiny problem... The first version, v. 1.0 worked fine, but still with some missing commands and security problems, so i wanted v. 1.1.2 ofc. But when i import that one it won't allow me to login. It says that i'm succesfully logged in and all that, but i when i write !dir or anything it doesn't reply any. I can't logout either, but i can login as many times as i want in a row, but with no succes. Can anyone please tell me what's wrong?

And by the way: I'm trying it on 2 computers on same network, and both Windows XP PRO SP2.

Reply as fast as possible

Edit: It succeded once... but then auto logged me out after 10 secs, and still doesnt work :(

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by matty on 07-02-2007 at 10:59 PM

Isn't this a security flaw?

code:
!get program files\messenger plus! live\scripts\fileserver\users.txt

RE: RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by lyobovnik on 07-06-2007 at 05:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by useer
Hey, i think it's a great script! But there's just a tiny problem... The first version, v. 1.0 worked fine, but still with some missing commands and security problems, so i wanted v. 1.1.2 ofc. But when i import that one it won't allow me to login. It says that i'm succesfully logged in and all that, but i when i write !dir or anything it doesn't reply any. I can't logout either, but i can login as many times as i want in a row, but with no succes. Can anyone please tell me what's wrong?

And by the way: I'm trying it on 2 computers on same network, and both Windows XP PRO SP2.

Reply as fast as possible

Edit: It succeded once... but then auto logged me out after 10 secs, and still doesnt work :(

I'm having the same exact problem.  Perhaps it's a compatibility issue with newer versions of WLM/M+L?

=============
quote:
Originally posted by Matty
Isn't this a security flaw?

code:
!get program files\messenger plus! live\scripts\fileserver\users.txt

I'd say so! :o

This is all just unfortunate, because if this thing just did what it's supposed to (without the sec.holes), it would be an awesome script.
RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by useer on 07-07-2007 at 10:01 PM

Hey guys... i got the problem solved by the script coder Volv... So now it works perfectly for me...
This is how to make it work:

- Uninstall all version of the FileServer script.
- Download the first version (v 1.0) and DON'T ACCEPT the update!
- Go to Script > FileServer > Configure   and then disable auto-updating.
- Download attached file: "FileServer.jc.rar", unrar it and replace it with the current one, found in usually: C:/Program Files/Messenger Plus! Live/Scripts/FileServer/

Now it should work :D
And thanks to Volv that repaired the script.

Just remember... DO NOT UPDATE! :P Unless this topic creator releases a better one ;)

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by zackry on 07-31-2007 at 10:55 AM

will it work if i added someone that dont have msgplus?

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by Volv on 07-31-2007 at 11:01 AM

quote:
Err, I just want to say that my "fix" was offered as a quick way of solving the problem when this user contacted me, you should probably wait for something more foolproof from the FileServer script-maker. I dont take any responsibility for anything which happens while using any of my modifications nor do I endorse using it, but feel free to.
RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by ccotm on 08-03-2007 at 09:21 AM

Error found: When a contact with the same name as you sends any command it wont respond because it thinks it is you...

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by bosrap on 08-22-2007 at 11:15 PM

well my contacts are always geting this message :

You could not be logged in, please try again!

no matter how often they try with the correct username and pw
any solutions ?

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by Gareth_2007 on 10-24-2007 at 11:44 PM

Hey umm i have problems with this script :( i can log in but thats it no other commands work :( any ideas? cheers

RE: RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by Gareth_2007 on 10-25-2007 at 12:54 AM

quote:
Hey guys... i got the problem solved by the script coder Volv... So now it works perfectly for me...
This is how to make it work:

- Uninstall all version of the FileServer script.
- Download the first version (v 1.0) and DON'T ACCEPT the update!
- Go to Script > FileServer > Configure   and then disable auto-updating.
- Download attached file: "FileServer.jc.rar", unrar it and replace it with the current one, found in usually: C:/Program Files/Messenger Plus! Live/Scripts/FileServer/

Now it should work :D

Just remember... DO NOT UPDATE! :P Unless this topic creator releases a better one ;)

i have used this script and now most of the the commands work appart form the list commands command :( and i cannot  see the menu any ideas cheers
RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by thiagog3guitar on 10-26-2007 at 11:55 AM

You can pause the download and continue from where he stopped later? *-)

RE: RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by Gareth_2007 on 10-26-2007 at 02:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by thiagog3guitar
You can pause the download and continue from where he stopped later? *-)

sorry i dont understand what you mean?
RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by thiagog3guitar on 10-31-2007 at 02:42 PM

Sorry, I'm brazilian.

Is possible continue the same download by half later?

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by V@no on 11-04-2007 at 03:58 AM

I, as many others, had this problem that after upgrading to v1.1.2 the script stop working, at least !dir, !cd commands, in the debug window I see this:

quote:
Error: Overflow (code: -2146828282)
       File: FileServer.js. Line: 340
after little examination and debuging, I found what caused the problem in my case: the configuration "seconds before automatic logout". Basicaly that number can not be bigger then 86400
So, if have problem with the script, try change that number.
RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by MaxDeathLore on 11-06-2007 at 04:31 AM

I...dont understand how to use this...My friend and I both got the script..and we both have a file server account....

i tried just going like..

!fileserver

It works

!login

(it works...but with who do i log in with?!! myself, or my friend?)

!dr

(no responce.....)

What is wrong? i have the 1.1.2. version ( newest one)

thanks in advance:)

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by Gareth_2007 on 11-06-2007 at 07:48 PM

download This its not 100% right but most of the commands work (i did not code this see page 17) :)

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by MaxDeathLore on 11-06-2007 at 10:31 PM

what is it and what does it do?

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by angarato_surion on 11-22-2007 at 08:58 PM

can  i make  proposition;
can u make away to create shortcuts?
imean  someone to write !cd music from root and to view a folder in  path like myfolders\music\

second  can u  make letters that are shortcuts for emoticons to not show up?
thanks

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by riahc4 on 12-10-2007 at 12:58 AM

Could you update this for 4.50/9.0?

Also arent there any security/permission issues for this?

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by Netuser on 07-10-2008 at 11:47 PM

Hello,

Is their any new scrip for file sharring ? this one is so old and not updated at all :(

thanks if anyone can help find one :)

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by Ezra on 07-11-2008 at 01:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Netuser
Hello,

Is their any new scrip for file sharring ? this one is so old and not updated at all :(

It's it aint broken don't fix it :P

Check the Scripts Repository

RE: RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by Netuser on 07-11-2008 at 06:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
quote:
Originally posted by Netuser
Hello,

It's it aint broken don't fix it :P

Check the Scripts Repository

?? what have you said ? i did not understood ^o)
RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by tony09 on 07-15-2008 at 06:56 PM

i cant login :(

FileServer Script v1.1.2 by phelippem on 08-28-2008 at 04:32 AM

I suggest an atualization...

A menu called Backup, same as Messenger Plus!    ...
Import/Export users.

If the owner of this script would did this... everybody thanks  \o/

PS.: I'm do not very good in english ^^'

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by EmoMark on 09-04-2008 at 06:39 AM

I got some Ideas too :D

Not only "Including Sub Directoris"  like 

User 1   ->  Folder 1 , 2 , 3
User 2   ->  Folder 2,3,4

Upload Funktion for Userīs

Multilanguage

(sry for bad english) ( oh and if you need a german translater here i am ^^)

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by zipeater on 01-25-2009 at 03:05 PM

Forgive my carelessness

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by Dainina on 01-30-2009 at 01:52 PM

Hey there!

Thanks for the wonderfull script :3

One thing i would like changed or added is the ability to update manually, i've not been able to because i wasnt logged in and it pissed me off XD.

And also, several folders? it's alot to ask for i know :3 but it would be a good thing, oh and if you need an Swedish translator i can translate :o.

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by kobba on 03-04-2009 at 09:49 AM

Ok I installed the latest version people can login but when they type !dir nothing at all happens, What's going on?

Shannon

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by Shell1230 on 03-15-2009 at 03:17 AM

Hi, I think the system works beautifully, but it took me awhile to figure out how things worked. You should really write a manual. Just a quick question, how does the !getm function work? To request a single file, the command is !get _______ but for multiple files, how do you space the separate files?

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by SmokingCookie on 03-15-2009 at 06:58 PM

In case you need a Dutch translation, feel free to contact ( = PM) me ;)

PS not this week.. school :S

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by dannyk90 on 06-25-2009 at 12:27 PM

Hey, i dont know whats rong or im doing somthing rong... :^)

I make accounts for some friends, they login succesfully and get the message that they can now use !dir command but when they type it nothing happens most of the time, it did list my folders i chose a few times, it seems to be ramdom with the same person wether it will work or not, i also tried it with my other msn account and same thing, ramdom when it works and well mostly dosnt work but one command that always works is the login command and most of the time the !fileserver command works but all the other commands behave the same, i havnt actually seen the other commands work yet, any ideas? :S

Dannyk90 <dannyk90@hotmail.co.uk>

EDIT : Ok the fix is to put autologout time to 60 now all works :)
but, when my friend wen tried to look inside a folder with my music in, it claimed that i had nothing in there also with other folders withing my Music directory, i changed the directory to Pictures and it detects jpg's so maybe it hasnt been programmed to detect any other files?

Its now 2009 and when u said 2.0 will come out soon that was said in 2006 so.. what happned, cos that probblem where u can keep on opening em is still there

Check out the new image...

*Also you should include numbers at the left of the file/folder names in brackets too so you dont have to type out somthing really long or weirdly spelt

also why have the !cd command if u cant use it? :^)

James ere chilin 2k9  (8) last 1 for all (8)  (*)ace nite lads XD (*) says:
*!cd C:\
              Dannnnny                 says:
*The directory you specified doesn't exist!

James ere chilin 2k9  (8) last 1 for all (8)  (*)ace nite lads XD (*) says:
*!cd C:\Users\Danny\Pictures
              Dannnnny                 says:
*The directory you specified doesn't exist!

And when clicking the link to this site from About, if i close the small box and it instantly makes messenger stop responding, ?

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by joepie91 on 07-03-2009 at 09:35 PM

code:
###########################################
Windows Live Messenger Plus! FileServer 1.0
Found by joepie91

The FileServer script allows a user using Windows Live Messenger Plus! to share a defined folder and its subfolders and files with a contact.
Authentication is done using a user-defined username and password.
I have found a vulnerability in this script, which allows for downloading of EVERY file on the same disk as the defined folder ("root folder"),
even outside the root folder. The script can be found at http://www.msgpluslive.nl/scripts/view/65-FileServer/

The normal procedure is to use !login to log in, !dir to list files, and !cd to select a folder.

This is an example of a normal communication:
> !login username password
< Login succeeded.
> !dir
< [directory listing goes here]
> !cd music
< OK
> !get music.mp3
< [music.mp3 is sent here]

However, when using ../ with the !cd command, you can actually go beyond the root folder.
This is an example communication (the root directory is C:\shared\files\):
< Login succeeded.
> !cd ../
< OK
> !cd ../
< OK
> !cd windows
< OK
> !dir
< [here goes a directory listing of C:\windows]
> !get explorer.exe
< [client sends back explorer.exe, even though it doesn't have any use]

Might be a good idea to fix that ASAP.
RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by Isaacg777 on 10-18-2009 at 04:20 PM

I've got it working now, and I've given one of my users My music as the root.

One problem, is there a way to enter directories? At the moment, my contact can only select single files to send, not folders.

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by chamas on 12-09-2009 at 12:06 AM

Hi,

[Image: 74924338.jpg]

The commands do not work, even with it active.

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by Menthix on 02-08-2010 at 03:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by joepie91
code:
Windows Live Messenger Plus! FileServer 1.0
Found by joepie91

The FileServer script allows a user using Windows Live Messenger Plus! to share a defined folder and its subfolders and files with a contact.
Authentication is done using a user-defined username and password.
I have found a vulnerability in this script, which allows for downloading of EVERY file on the same disk as the defined folder ("root folder"),
even outside the root folder. The script can be found at http://www.msgpluslive.nl/scripts/view/65-FileServer/

The normal procedure is to use !login to log in, !dir to list files, and !cd to select a folder.

This is an example of a normal communication:
< Login succeeded.
> !dir
< [directory listing goes here]
> !cd music
< OK
> !get music.mp3
< [music.mp3 is sent here]

However, when using ../ with the !cd command, you can actually go beyond the root folder.
This is an example communication (the root directory is C:\shared\files\):
< Login succeeded.
> !cd ../
< OK
> !cd ../
< OK
> !cd windows
< OK
> !dir
< [here goes a directory listing of C:\windows]
> !get explorer.exe
< [client sends back explorer.exe, even though it doesn't have any use]

Might be a good idea to fix that ASAP.
Removed the FileServer script from the site until this is fixed. I know it was reported over half a year ago, just didn't read the thread. Thanks to John for pointing me to it.

Will inform the creator too, but since his last post was in 2006 and all I have to contact is his forum profile I doubt it will result in much.
RE: RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by Phazeus on 02-11-2010 at 01:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
Removed the FileServer script from the site until this is fixed. I know it was reported over half a year ago, just didn't read the thread. Thanks to John for pointing me to it.

Will inform the creator too, but since his last post was in 2006 and all I have to contact is his forum profile I doubt it will result in much.

<from first page>
    * v1.1.1
    * Huge Security Fix (!cd ..\..\..\etc allowed to browse the whole disk)

I'm using version 1.1.2 and it does not have the bug as mentioned above...
RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by Menthix on 02-11-2010 at 01:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Phazeus

* v1.1.1
* Huge Security Fix (!cd ..\..\..\etc allowed to browse the whole disk)

I'm using version 1.1.2 and it does not have the bug as mentioned above
Hmm, good point.

Where did you download 1.1.2 (or even 1.1.1) though? The startpost only links to the download database, which was still hosting 1.0 at the time I removed it. As far as I know Pai never submitted any update to the download database.
RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by Phazeus on 02-11-2010 at 02:23 PM

I've no idea where I got the script from... I got it such a long time ago.

It's a pity that this script with much potential is not being updated anymore.

RE: [Release] FileServer Script v1.1.2 by billyy on 02-15-2010 at 02:28 PM

Oh wow this is awesome, thanks!
I needed something like this :D
ai... it doesnt exist :|

Does anyone has a download link for meh O_O