Shoutbox

What are words you made up when you were young and turns out they were real words? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: What are words you made up when you were young and turns out they were real words? (/showthread.php?tid=62712)

What are words you made up when you were young and turns out they were real words? by prashker on 07-07-2006 at 01:46 AM

My word me and my friend made at 7 or 8 years old was "baba ganoush"

We laughed so hard at the word...then a year later we found out it was a real word :sad:

Have you ever had one of those "made up words that were real" ?

RE: What are words you made up when you were young and turns out they were real words? by Lou on 07-07-2006 at 02:08 AM

Not really....but what does "baba ganoush" mean?

RE: RE: What are words you made up when you were young and turns out they were real w by prashker on 07-07-2006 at 02:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by .Lou
Not really....but what does "baba ganoush" mean?

Its like some arabic dipping sauce I thing :P

[Image: r_23.jpg]
RE: What are words you made up when you were young and turns out they were real words? by Fuzzles on 07-07-2006 at 07:52 AM

when i was young i called people fatty boombas, found out boomba is a word :P

RE: What are words you made up when you were young and turns out they were real words? by aNILEator on 07-07-2006 at 09:55 AM

i can't remember but i used to call protesters, prostitutes...... i'm suprised that no one told me or tried to correct me :S

RE: What are words you made up when you were young and turns out they were real words? by Voldemort on 07-07-2006 at 07:05 PM

chingada :P

RE: What are words you made up when you were young and turns out they were real words? by vaccination on 07-07-2006 at 07:36 PM

None, i doubt. Well not that i can remember And i can deffinatly not be assed to go ask my mum, otherwise i will be sat there for an hour or two while she tell me my life story:P

RE: What are words you made up when you were young and turns out they were real words? by paperless on 07-07-2006 at 08:14 PM

Estélé...im not sure if it means anything..lemme google

RE: What are words you made up when you were young and turns out they were real words? by Negro_Joe on 07-07-2006 at 10:11 PM

Antidisestablishmentarianism :spam:

RE: What are words you made up when you were young and turns out they were real words? by aNILEator on 07-08-2006 at 09:23 PM

there are much longer words than that :P, i think i posted it here once :P
it was a medieval word i beleive

anyway yeah

RE: What are words you made up when you were young and turns out they were real words? by vaccination on 07-08-2006 at 09:31 PM

But Antidisestablishmentarianism is the longest word in the english language still used today.

RE: What are words you made up when you were young and turns out they were real words? by prashker on 07-08-2006 at 09:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fuzzles
when i was young i called people fatty boombas, found out boomba is a word :P

lol :P

RE: What are words you made up when you were young and turns out they were real words? by wlmcrap on 07-13-2006 at 12:58 PM

heres another pretty long word: methylchloroisothiazolinone. I found it ages ago, sum chemical in a shampoo.

RE: What are words you made up when you were young and turns out they were real words by RaceProUK on 07-13-2006 at 02:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
But Antidisestablishmentarianism is the longest word in the english language still used today.
'The longest word currently listed in Oxford dictionaries is rather of this kind: it is the supposed lung-disease pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis (45 letters).'
From http://www.askoxford.com/asktheexperts/faq/aboutwords/longestword

Edit: Anyone wanna record themselves saying that?
RE: What are words you made up when you were young and turns out they were real words? by wlmcrap on 07-14-2006 at 02:37 AM

:S  man thats long! lol.

You should do a spelling bee with that word (pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis) , it would bee so funny.

RE: What are words you made up when you were young and turns out they were real words by Jimcando on 07-14-2006 at 12:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Wikipedia
The longest word in any major English language dictionary is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis, a 45-letter word supposed to refer to a lung disease, but research has discovered that this word was originally intended as a hoax. It has since been used in a close approximation of its originally intended context, lending at least some degree of validity to its claim.

quote:
Originally posted by Again Wikipedia
The Guinness Book of Records, in its 1992 and subsequent editions, declared the "longest real word" in the English language to be floccinaucinihilipilification at 29 letters.

Read All About It