Shoutbox

MsgPlus compatible with Mess patch? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: MsgPlus compatible with Mess patch? (/showthread.php?tid=62722)

MsgPlus compatible with Mess patch? by mitchiev on 07-07-2006 at 06:33 AM

just wondering before i try it and screw something up?

RE: MsgPlus compatible with Mess patch? by cooldude_i06 on 07-07-2006 at 07:16 AM

I'm using both, and I can safely say, "Yes".

RE: MsgPlus compatible with Mess patch? by RaceProUK on 07-07-2006 at 10:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by cooldude_i06
I'm using both, and I can safely say, "Yes".
Well, not with 100% confidence. Some people have had issues when using patches, but they usually made heavy modifications. Stick to minor stuff, and everything should be fine.
RE: MsgPlus compatible with Mess patch? by *Nena* on 07-07-2006 at 11:04 PM

What do you mean with heavy modifications? Just curious.

RE: MsgPlus compatible with Mess patch? by RaceProUK on 07-08-2006 at 10:11 PM

Things that make significant changes to the operation of the program, e.g. ad and button removal.

RE: MsgPlus compatible with Mess patch? by *Nena* on 07-08-2006 at 11:27 PM

I have both, windows live messenger with msgplus live and messbe patch (I installed the contact list tweak patch also).
I've removed the ad, the contact bar and one button so I could only see my contact list. That's why I asked earlier.
I put the patch without asking about compatibility like I had made with old msn. I haven't had any problems until now but I'd like to know what could happen.
Thanks for your help :)

RE: MsgPlus compatible with Mess patch? by vaccination on 07-09-2006 at 11:14 AM

You no longer need the "Contact list tweak patch" They have implimented it into the new messpatch. (If you are on about the DPs in the contact list.)

RE: MsgPlus compatible with Mess patch? by 4penguino on 07-09-2006 at 06:10 PM

yes its safe dont worry bout messing anythhing up because its perfectly safe im using both and nothings gone wrong yet

RE: MsgPlus compatible with Mess patch? by Chris4 on 07-09-2006 at 06:16 PM

In the beta stages, Patchou made a compatability fix for messpatch, for Messenger Plus! Live. :)

quote:
# Compatibility fix for messpatch.

RE: MsgPlus compatible with Mess patch? by *Nena* on 07-09-2006 at 08:57 PM

Thanks vaccination for the info. I had an old version of messpatch g4 80792 (from june 24th). The one you've said is from july 6th and includes the new options for the dp.
Anyway, I'll have to use the contact list tweak patch also, because I can't notice who is online or not as now the status isn't anymore next to the nicknames. I know the patch has the option to show the status again but it's only in english and I use it in spanish.
Thanks also to 4penguino, Chris4 and RaceProUK :)