Shoutbox

Touch Screen - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Touch Screen (/showthread.php?tid=62759)

Touch Screen by Jhrono on 07-07-2006 at 05:51 PM

Is there a way for me to have a touch screen working as a my second monitor ? Thanks

Edit : Keeping the touch screen feature..

RE: Touch Screen by RaceProUK on 07-07-2006 at 07:42 PM

It should work fine if you install all the drivers :undecided:

RE: Touch Screen by Jhrono on 07-07-2006 at 07:56 PM

Yeah, but my doubt is if I can maintain my keyboard and mouse + normal monitor and then a touch screen. Can the touch screen co-exist with the mouse?

If it can, can anyone direct me to a touch screen that has S-Video input and USB or COM output ? (Since it can't be PS/2, as it's taken by the mouse)

RE: Touch Screen by Nathan on 07-07-2006 at 08:39 PM

Well if worst comes to the worst you can get a adapter for you mouse +keyboard and put it in the USB and put the touchsreen in the PS/2 ;)

RE: Touch Screen by Mentality on 07-07-2006 at 09:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Johny
Yeah, but my doubt is if I can maintain my keyboard and mouse + normal monitor and then a touch screen. Can the touch screen co-exist with the mouse?

If it can, can anyone direct me to a touch screen that has S-Video input and USB or COM output ? (Since it can't be PS/2, as it's taken by the mouse)

I've know a single touch screen monitor to co-exist with a mouse and keyboard myself before now, so I can't see any reason why not mate.

RE: Touch Screen by Voldemort on 07-07-2006 at 10:05 PM

Well,you could  install the touch as primary, and the one you have now as secondary, if it doesnt work...

RE: Touch Screen by RaceProUK on 07-07-2006 at 10:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
Well if worst comes to the worst you can get a adapter for you mouse +keyboard and put it in the USB and put the touchsreen in the PS/2 ;)
If you shop around you can get an adaptor that combines a keyboard and mouse (both PS/2) into a single USB, for not a lot.
RE: Touch Screen by Voldemort on 07-08-2006 at 12:00 AM

True, i have a wireless keyboard and mouse that connect to 1 usb to the price of 28 dollars...

RE: Touch Screen by Jhrono on 07-08-2006 at 12:17 AM

Thanks guys!

Can anyone direct me to a good one you know ?

RE: Touch Screen by Nathan on 07-08-2006 at 07:29 AM

Just search google ;) cos there all be reasonable quality. The cheaper ones do the mouse and keyboard sepratly mind!

RE: Touch Screen by RaceProUK on 07-08-2006 at 10:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
True, i have a wireless keyboard and mouse that connect to 1 usb to the price of 28 dollars...
I was talking about PS/2 to USB adaptors :mipdodgy:
RE: Touch Screen by Jhrono on 07-08-2006 at 11:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan

Just search google  cos there all be reasonable quality. The cheaper ones do the mouse and keyboard sepratly mind!
I've done that :P but a lot of them look fishy :tongue:, so I asked if anyone knew a good one ;)