Shoutbox

Doctor Who Season Finale Tomorrow - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Doctor Who Season Finale Tomorrow (/showthread.php?tid=62774)

Doctor Who Season Finale Tomorrow by M73A on 07-07-2006 at 09:10 PM

Anyone watch doctor who?

i've never watched it before.... until this monday at my work experience, its a publishing company who are currently producing the doctor who trading cards... so they've got like all the dvds, the books and everything for research....

this past week ive watched the new series 1 and 2 and im hooked, ive just watched the last ones that i didnt get to watch on bbc 3 tonight and then theres the finale tomorrow...

i used to thinki it sucked ass but its great!

i cant work out how rose escapes :| (in two ways.... shes in that sealed room with the daleks, but theres a clip on bbc with her and the doctor talking about rose never seeing her mother again.... so she escapes there, and the beginning of the episode she says this is the story of how i died.... so obviously shes alive again... but how?)

argh >.<

RE: Doctor Who Season Finale Tomorrow by alexp2_ad on 07-07-2006 at 09:13 PM

I think she genuinely will die, even after escaping the room, this is her final series, they've got a new assistant picked out for the next series.

RE: Doctor Who Season Finale Tomorrow by Thor on 07-07-2006 at 09:15 PM

I think also think that she'll die...

I've downloaded some episodes! :D

RE: Doctor Who Season Finale Tomorrow by M73A on 07-07-2006 at 09:26 PM

i know about the new assistant......

shes played by the woman who was chloes mum in fear her (i think that was the ep name)

but theres rumours of rose being in the xmas special, and billie piper being a female doctor who (that one was a bit farfetched)

i hope she doesn't die..... the people at my work experience don't seem to think she will and they're close with the bbc, so im gonna trust them (mainly cause its a strand of hope!)

RE: Doctor Who Season Finale Tomorrow by GiantSpider on 07-07-2006 at 09:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nitrolinken
Rose can't die, where will I get my weekly dose of Billie Piper from? I've missed the last couple of episodes, since the devil one I think. They allways seem to get the darlecks out for the series ends don't they.
RE: Doctor Who Season Finale Tomorrow by M73A on 07-07-2006 at 09:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider
quote:
Originally posted by Nitrolinken
Rose can't die, where will I get my weekly dose of Billie Piper from? I've missed the last couple of episodes, since the devil one I think. They allways seem to get the darlecks out for the series ends don't they.

the last ones were crap.... you shud see the first part of the finalle though, the peter kay one looked like david tennant and billie piper did two hours filiming (it was mainly based around the dude who is getting blowjobs off the paving slab)

and the other one is just a girl who draws pictures, but who she draws gets trapped in her pictures.....

i didnt particularly like then because the satan;s pit episode was excellent, then those two.... just poor episodes:P
RE: Doctor Who Season Finale Tomorrow by Nathan on 07-07-2006 at 09:47 PM

My mum & dad think that the new Dr. Who is rubbish compared to the old one. I think he's better :P

RE: Doctor Who Season Finale Tomorrow by M73A on 07-07-2006 at 09:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
My mum & dad think that the new Dr. Who is rubbish compared to the old one. I think he's better :P

lol... meh, i like it!

i prefer david tennant to christopher eccleston if we're starting to compare doctors, sod the old ones, bbc deleted most of the epsiodes anyway:P

btw, anyone know when series 3 starts?
RE: Doctor Who Season Finale Tomorrow by Negro_Joe on 07-07-2006 at 10:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by M73A
chloes mum in fear he

no it isnt,  the new companion is the woman out of the last episode witht he two bluetooth headsets its the same actress but a different character..:)
RE: Doctor Who Season Finale Tomorrow by M73A on 07-07-2006 at 10:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Negro_Joe
quote:
chloes mum in fear he

no it isnt,  the new companion is the woman out of the last episode witht he two bluetooth headsets its the same actress but a different character..:)

is it? hm i knew it was someone who'd been in it before:P
RE: Doctor Who Season Finale Tomorrow by RaceProUK on 07-07-2006 at 10:47 PM

quote:
i hope she doesn't die..... the people at my work experience don't seem to think she will and they're close with the bbc, so im gonna trust them
Then why did Rose say at the beginning of the first part 'This is the story of how I die' or something similar?
quote:
it was mainly based around the dude who is getting blowjobs off the paving slab
:lol:
And that was an attempt at doing a Doctor Who not centred around the Doctor. I think it worked quite well. As for 'Fear Her' (the drawings), it was a reasonably good episode, and an excuse to save some money for the finale.

Daleks v. Cybermen: should be a blast!

PS: David Tennant kicks Ecclestone's ass :D
RE: Doctor Who Season Finale Tomorrow by musicalmidget on 07-08-2006 at 12:44 AM

It doesn't matter if Rose dies.  Doctor Who is science fiction, so they can always find a way to bring her back. :p

RE: Doctor Who Season Finale Tomorrow by vaccination on 07-08-2006 at 07:25 AM

My theroy is that she will die, but the docter will regenerate her somehow. Maybe? :undecided:

Also, Docter who is amazing :D And the "Fear Me" and the episode befor that were rubbish but still enjoyable, also Negro_joe is right, its the girl who was at the computer with two bluetooth headsets on, the one who saw the cybermen first.

Its on tonnight :D:D i can't wait!

RE: Doctor Who Season Finale Tomorrow by M73A on 07-08-2006 at 08:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by RaceProUK
quote:
i hope she doesn't die..... the people at my work experience don't seem to think she will and they're close with the bbc, so im gonna trust them
Then why did Rose say at the beginning of the first part 'This is the story of how I die' or something similar?

how would she be saying it if she wasn't dead? if she does die, its not for long!

maybe she can regenerate like the doctor, because of the whole bad wolf thing?
RE: Doctor Who Season Finale Tomorrow by aNILEator on 07-08-2006 at 11:47 AM

yeah the new assistant is a black girl, but she's already played a person in the series before who died so its kind of silly i think, people might notice :P

RE: RE: Doctor Who Season Finale Tomorrow by Max on 07-08-2006 at 12:12 PM

quote:
shes played by the woman who was chloes mum in fear her (i think that was the ep name)

WRONG!

She played the Torchwood assisant doing the calculations in the last episode. Her ear peices were controlling her and the Doctor says I am so sorry and kills her with his trusty sonic screwdriver.

On another note, Rose can't actually be dead well not entirely. After all she is telling the story isn't she. ;)
RE: Doctor Who Season Finale Tomorrow by vaccination on 07-08-2006 at 12:59 PM

SONIC SCREWDRIVER FTW :P

Yeah like i said in my previous post, i highly doubt she fully dies, maybe she gets regenerated, but she has to be alive as she is the one telling the story, allthough she could be in some kind of paradox dimension, or "Heaven". ;)

RE: Doctor Who Season Finale Tomorrow by RaceProUK on 07-08-2006 at 10:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
allthough she could be in some kind of paradox dimension, or "Heaven"
Precisely.

Anyway,
SPOILER ALERT for those who missed it!
Many newlines to hide it in e-mails...

It did look like she'd die at one point, but then she got trapped in the parallel dimension from several episodes back. A good way to get her to leave the Doctor without having to kill her.

Edit: And what the **** is Catherine Tate doing in Doctor Who? I've seen clips of her comedy show, and it looks absolute shit! I hope she doesn't ruin the Christmas Special.
RE: Doctor Who Season Finale Tomorrow by GiantSpider on 07-08-2006 at 10:29 PM

lol I couldn't believe it, I thought she was gonna turn round.

"Who are you?"

"I'm the doctor"

"Am I Bothered?"

RE: Doctor Who Season Finale Tomorrow by Stigmata on 07-08-2006 at 10:46 PM

where is this catherine tate thing?

RE: Doctor Who Season Finale Tomorrow by M73A on 07-08-2006 at 10:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
where is this catherine tate thing?
was right at the end.... 'the runaway bride'
RE: Doctor Who Season Finale Tomorrow by RaceProUK on 07-08-2006 at 11:06 PM

And the Catherine Tate show:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/articles/c/cath...ow_999040216.shtml

RE: Doctor Who Season Finale Tomorrow by aNILEator on 07-09-2006 at 01:28 AM

i was expecting some typical 'am i bothered' Catherine Tate comment at the end :P

will probably be in the xmas episode 8-) 5 months away....

who wishes they had their own tardis to forward time now then :P

RE: Doctor Who Season Finale Tomorrow by Max on 07-09-2006 at 10:17 AM

I wish I had a TARDIS, so that I could travel forward in time find out next weeks Lottery numbers and win. :P

RE: Doctor Who Season Finale Tomorrow by vaccination on 07-09-2006 at 10:59 AM

A TARDIS would be infinately cool. So many things to do, ALL the time to do them. :P

RE: Doctor Who Season Finale Tomorrow by M73A on 07-09-2006 at 02:16 PM

havin a TARDIS would own all :D

urgh i cant stand catherine tate