Shoutbox

One year since 7/7 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: One year since 7/7 (/showthread.php?tid=62775)

One year since 7/7 by absorbation on 07-07-2006 at 09:12 PM

Since today has been a whole year since 7/7, I thought it would be a good time to reflect on those who died in the bombings. I personally hate these remembrance days, they really don't help with the situation, but it is worth paying your respects.

RE: One year since 7/7 by qgroessl on 07-07-2006 at 09:21 PM

Yeah... I read it on a news site that it's been a year.... I was just waiting for somebody else to post the thread really.... Hope everybody's recovered from their losses.

RE: One year since 7/7 by M73A on 07-07-2006 at 09:28 PM

i was on the train today, i couldnt have been the only nervousish one.... i could just see something else happening because its a year on, just to rub it in and not let people move on....

very glad it didnt.

RE: One year since 7/7 by Chris4 on 07-07-2006 at 09:30 PM

Stupid terrorists :dodgy: Ruining everyone's lives for no stupid reasons.

RE: One year since 7/7 by GiantSpider on 07-07-2006 at 09:38 PM

Yeah, I remember someone saying something about it at school last year & I couldn't believe it so I spent my Science lesson finsing out about it. I hate this type of war. We can't win.

RE: One year since 7/7 by Thor on 07-07-2006 at 09:41 PM

It irritates me, but maybe we can't win, but there's possibilities to fight. To stop the terror that's happening.

RE: One year since 7/7 by Voldemort on 07-07-2006 at 10:24 PM

Impossible. Try to change their mentality.

RE: One year since 7/7 by vaccination on 07-08-2006 at 07:28 AM

Our whole school had a two minutes silence at 12:00.

RE: One year since 7/7 by user27089 on 07-08-2006 at 07:45 AM

We stopped working for about 2 or 3 minutes at mid-day, we were listening to Radio One and the Big Ben chimed.

I hate the people who did it, I hate the people ever more who said they were "heros" etc.

RE: One year since 7/7 by absorbation on 07-08-2006 at 08:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I hate the people who did it, I hate the people ever more who said they were "heros" etc.

I know, why would people be so evil to think that.
RE: One year since 7/7 by foaly on 07-08-2006 at 09:00 PM

The people that did it and the people that support them think different then we do...
They did a terrible thing, but in their opinion, the western world is evil...
If you where from Iraq and the American and English army invaded your country... wouldn't you want to strike back?

RE: One year since 7/7 by absorbation on 07-08-2006 at 09:07 PM

But their religon teachs peace, it is a peaceful religon, it is just people seeking volience from 'revenge' on people who are trying to help them.

RE: One year since 7/7 by hmaster on 07-08-2006 at 09:15 PM

Whatever their reasons were it doesn't matter as taking another persons life is probably the worst sin you could do regardless of your religion. I just hope attacks like this will not carry on, although I doubt that it will stop.

RE: RE: One year since 7/7 by foaly on 07-08-2006 at 09:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
But their religon teachs peace, it is a peaceful religon, it is just people seeking volience from 'revenge' on people who are trying to help them.

Well they don't believe that those people are trying to help...
And Christians did the same thing when they went to libirate Jeruzalem with the crusades...
RE: One year since 7/7 by absorbation on 07-09-2006 at 09:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by foaly
Well they don't believe that those people are trying to help...
And Christians did the same thing when they went to libirate Jeruzalem with the crusades...

I don't think their is any justifcation killing inncoent people what-so-ever.
RE: RE: One year since 7/7 by giac jr on 07-09-2006 at 10:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by hmaster
Whatever their reasons were it doesn't matter as taking another persons life is probably the worst sin you could do regardless of your religion. I just hope attacks like this will not carry on, although I doubt that it will stop.

I hope that they will stop aswell. It's really useless, I mean...What's the use?[Image: pizza.gif]
RE: One year since 7/7 by Mentality on 07-09-2006 at 10:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
Impossible. Try to change their mentality.

Hee Hee you said me.

Back to the point

I don't see how we can ever win - think about it, the terrorist bombers want to/are ready to die, so even if they don't get to where they wanna go with the bomb watever, and they get killed trying, they have still got what they want, so we still havn't won (yeah we stopped the bomber, but they still won)

And theres more people in that frame of mind out there. Being brainwashed by evil extremests who you can bet your life, wouldn't go out and bomb themselves. They wouldn't go out and bomb themselves, because they aint stupid enough to believe what they are saying
RE: One year since 7/7 by absorbation on 07-09-2006 at 01:31 PM

If anything it is an insult to the Muslim religon, they use it as an excuse.

RE: One year since 7/7 by Rubber Stamp on 07-09-2006 at 02:20 PM

these attackers wont stop..its a political war and innocent ppl are caught in between.
and, in india, such blasts are not a rarety...