Shoutbox

Custom Dashboard Buttons? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Custom Dashboard Buttons? (/showthread.php?tid=62844)

Custom Dashboard Buttons? by Keikonium on 07-08-2006 at 09:17 PM

I applied Mess Patch a while ago, and it has the ability to add 3 new dashboard buttons: "Add a Contact", "Prefrences" and "Sign Out". Msgplus! adds its own button.

So I was thinking... how is it possible to add my own custom ones?

There are 3 I am wanting to add:

1. Open my custom emoticons
2. Open my display pictures
3. Open my backgrounds

Then, if possible, one that can open external internet links. Which I am pretty sure isn't possible (not easily anyway :P).

But ya... if a patch like mess patch can add 3 new buttons, I am thinking it shouldn't be *to* hard. Just .dll editing I am thinking :S?

RE: Custom Dashboard Buttons? by RaceProUK on 07-08-2006 at 10:55 PM

Mess Patch edits the EXE to add the buttons manually, Plus! uses a (legal) memory-patching technique, which injects the button dynamically. Probably the best way to do this is to hook the resource loading mechanism and edit the resource as it passes through your function.

RE: Custom Dashboard Buttons? by Keikonium on 07-11-2006 at 09:15 AM

I had a look thru the Plus! .dlls (found a picture of Patchou :O), the mess patch .exe, and the WLM .dlls and couldn't find where the images and code ( ? ) was stored. I could find the tooltips you see upon mouse over, but that was it. They were in the msglang.dll file >_>.

So I think I may have to go the route that plus! uses, which I fear I will never beable to do given my lack of programming knowledge :P.

Thank you for your reply however :).

RE: Custom Dashboard Buttons? by RaceProUK on 07-11-2006 at 09:26 AM

The UIFILEs are in the Messenger EXE itself IIRC. They use a form of XML.