Shoutbox

MsgPlus Nickname ---> MsgPlus Live lost? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: MsgPlus Nickname ---> MsgPlus Live lost? (/showthread.php?tid=62898)

MsgPlus Nickname ---> MsgPlus Live lost? by Alphas on 07-09-2006 at 12:52 PM

After installing MsgPlus Live, all my nickname for my contacts are lost!!:( How to get it back

RE: MsgPlus Nickname ---> MsgPlus Live lost? by hmaster on 07-09-2006 at 12:53 PM

WLM has an inbuilt feature, so you'll have to manually do them again.
Right click the contact and select "add nickname" :)

RE: RE: MsgPlus Nickname ---> MsgPlus Live lost? by Alphas on 07-09-2006 at 12:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hmaster
WLM has an inbuilt feature, so you'll have to manually do them again.
Right click the contact and select "add nickname" :)

I couldnt remember my msn contact name, I had hundreds of them, better solution someone.
RE: MsgPlus Nickname ---> MsgPlus Live lost? by jmccarroll on 07-09-2006 at 01:02 PM

I think they are referring to the custom names feature, but when they upgarde to WLM and Plus!Live they lose all their names.

Unfortunately, this is not something that could be ported over.  You'll have to type them all in again.  The only other suggestion I could think of is to go into the registry and see if you can find the custom names and move them over to Plus! Live's registry key.  I wouldn't recommend that though because I'm not sure if it will work, and messing with registry when you're uncertain is not a good thing to do.

RE: MsgPlus Nickname ---> MsgPlus Live lost? by Alphas on 07-09-2006 at 01:05 PM

exactly, but where can I find the custom nickname I had in msgPlus

RE: MsgPlus Nickname ---> MsgPlus Live lost? by jmccarroll on 07-09-2006 at 01:08 PM

I'm not sure.  I don't have the registry keys for the old Plus! still on my computer.  Maybe someone else can help you with that.  Sorry..

RE: MsgPlus Nickname ---> MsgPlus Live lost? by hmaster on 07-09-2006 at 01:49 PM

Go bak to 7.5 screenshot your contact list and then sign back into WLM and just change it according to the SS. I know its a really bad way to do it but what else can you do besides asking the people.