Shoutbox

[Release] Message Enchanter 1.0.0480 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Release] Message Enchanter 1.0.0480 (/showthread.php?tid=62913)

[Release] Message Enchanter 1.0.0480 by absorbation on 07-09-2006 at 05:32 PM

Hello fellow forum members. I have decided to try out with scripting, how it works, what you can do with it etc and well, it is so easy and I have learnt it very quickly. So to help me get an idea I have made a small script contaning 8 small features to 'enchant' your messages. It is simple and does the job, it is really to get me started. It took me around a day and a half to complete, mainly because I was totally new to scripting. I hope you enjoy it if you use it, and thanks to anyone who does use it.

Details:
Name: Message Enchanter
Released on: 09/07/06
Version: 1.0.0480
Description: Adds fresh styles to your Windows Live Messenger's messages, from disabling emoticons to changing your message to capital letters.

Changelog:
There are currently no changes as this is the inital release.

Features:

• Ability to bold your sent messages.
  • Ability to underline all your sent messages.
  • Ability to strikeout all your sent messages.
  • Ability to disable emoticons from your messages.
  • Send all your messages using the Plus! /me command.
  • Ablity to remove Plus! formatting from your messages.
  • Add a capital letter and full stop to sentences. Thanks to Matty for this.
  • Make all your messages to upper case.

Screenshot:

[Image: Message%20Enchanter.gif]

Any suggestions/ bugs found will really help. But it is just a simple script, so don't expect anything more than this. Except more scripts from me soon, I have let's say a secret project under the works.
RE: [Release] Message Enchanter 1.0.0450 by Thor on 07-09-2006 at 05:42 PM

Looks good! (Y)
Cool work, simple and nice. :)

RE: [Release] Message Enchanter 1.0.0450 by absorbation on 07-09-2006 at 05:44 PM

I actually finshed the dam thing days ago, but I wanted it to have a small website, but instead I just played Fifa World Cup. There was just one annoying bug that I had to fix and that was the use of one varible. I have a nice new script coming soon though ;).

RE: [Release] Message Enchanter 1.0.0450 by vaccination on 07-09-2006 at 05:48 PM

Good job!

And can't wait to see what the new script is! Any hints? :P

RE: [Release] Message Enchanter 1.0.0450 by absorbation on 07-09-2006 at 05:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
Any hints?

Hum ... Well there will be a few small ones like this before hand, but the bigger project will, well hopefully be very popular :P. I don't want to say my ideas because others will use them, I mean scripting is simple and anyone will create a script if it is a good idea.
RE: [Release] Message Enchanter 1.0.0450 by vaccination on 07-09-2006 at 06:46 PM

okay okay, fair enough. still you got me itching with excitement now. :D

RE: [Release] Message Enchanter 1.0.0450 by Chris4 on 07-09-2006 at 07:07 PM

Couple of suggestions...

If you change the option to something like 'Bold all your messages', then close the conversation and open it back up again,
you go on Messenger Enchanter > Options and 'Bold all your messages...' isn't selected and because it was before.

Also, there should be a cancel button, so that if the above does happen and you want to keep the option that was running, you have to select it again, whereas cancel would keep it running.

Also, when you select 'Turn off the script', the toast should say 'Your settings have been saved and the script has been turned off.'

Hope my suggestions help!

P.S. What about tickboxes instead, so you can select more then 1 option (ex. bold and underlined?)

RE: [Release] Message Enchanter 1.0.0450 by vaccination on 07-09-2006 at 07:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4

the toast should say 'Your settings have been saved and the script has been turn off.'

Surely it should be 'Your settings have been saved and the script has been turned off.'
RE: [Release] Message Enchanter 1.0.0450 by Chris4 on 07-09-2006 at 07:23 PM

Sorry, that's what I ment.

RE: [Release] Message Enchanter 1.0.0450 by vaccination on 07-09-2006 at 07:27 PM

Np ;)

RE: [Release] Message Enchanter 1.0.0450 by Nathan on 07-09-2006 at 07:30 PM

The reason he did not put checkboxes so you could choose more than one is because of features clashing togeather and causing bugs etc...

RE: [Release] Message Enchanter 1.0.0450 by Chris4 on 07-09-2006 at 07:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
The reason he did not put checkboxes so you could choose more than one is because of features clashing togeather and causing bugs etc...
Fair enough, just thought I'd say it.
RE: [Release] Message Enchanter 1.0.0450 by Nathan on 07-09-2006 at 07:41 PM

I'm saying it for him cos hes offline :P

RE: [Release] Message Enchanter 1.0.0450 by absorbation on 07-09-2006 at 07:56 PM

Actually it makes sence these suggestions. Btw, I removed the remember option thing, it caused some unexpected behaviour, it also the reason why I did not add a cancel button. But it is a small script, nothing major :P.

RE: [Release] Message Enchanter 1.0.0450 by Voldemort on 07-09-2006 at 09:54 PM

Very neat script! works quite nice...
Oh, and a suggestion, it would be very nice that if i wrote a ?! it wouldnt write the .

//This script was created by absorbation. You may not use any of this code in your work without full permission from me.
//This script was created for free to help you gain a better messenger experience.  I therefore accept no responsiblity for what may happen to your computer, although it is very unlikly to do anything accept change Windows Live Messenger's messages.
//Thanks for using my script and I hope you enjoy it.

Abby, theres a typo on the the second //, its unlikely...

quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
Except more scripts from me soon
Expect

:)
RE: [Release] Message Enchanter 1.0.0450 by Lou on 07-10-2006 at 02:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
    * Make all your messages to upper case.

I suggest: Lowercase ;)

I also suggest that in the options dialog, all your circles are squares instead, as circles are usually used to choose between options. However, if you add the lowercase one, then make it a circle to choose between the two, and etc. Like categorize the features with headings:P
RE: [Release] Message Enchanter 1.0.0450 by Paril on 07-10-2006 at 02:32 AM

Very nice. Clean and simple, and it works; the main part of any script.

Another one would be like to make everything always caps (or lowercase) for those who are coding for example, and might keep Caps lock on by accident..

RE: [Release] Message Enchanter 1.0.0450 by cooldude_i06 on 07-10-2006 at 02:46 AM

Hey, sorry if this sounds like a trolling post but I think Message Enhancer sounds better (and makes more sense IMO) than Message Enchanter.

Nice, effective script though.

RE: [Release] Message Enchanter 1.0.0450 by absorbation on 07-10-2006 at 03:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cooldude_i06
Hey, sorry if this sounds like a trolling post but I think Message Enhancer sounds better (and makes more sense IMO) than Message Enchanter.

It's better than the orginal name lmao, Message Fixer 8-).
RE: [Release] Message Enchanter 1.0.0450 by Tartooob on 07-11-2006 at 03:26 AM

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam, I love you man, this is an amazing script, but 1 suggestion though: Add Random letters such as : HeY HoW ArE YoU, ThIs Is A NiCe ScRiPt.

;) thank you a lot

RE: [Release] Message Enchanter 1.0.0450 by user35870 on 07-11-2006 at 11:39 AM

Good script  (Y) some points tho:

When you have "Add a capital letter to the start of your message and a full stop at the end" on and you enter either "?" & "!" the script shouldn't add a full stop.

RE: [Release] Message Enchanter 1.0.0480 by evilkosmoz on 05-24-2007 at 01:07 PM

Can any one tell me How to use "/me command style" in Message enchanter.........
to color my sending messages....

RE: [Release] Message Enchanter 1.0.0480 by evilkosmoz on 05-24-2007 at 03:05 PM

can any one help me..... ......how to use "send all message using the /me command style."[size=2]