Shoutbox

Contact.Group? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Contact.Group? (/showthread.php?tid=62965)

Contact.Group? by segosa on 07-10-2006 at 11:44 AM

How about a Group (or Groups, as dt said a contact can be a member of more than one group) property for the Contact interface?

If it has to be Groups because there are multiple values then returning an array would be useful too.

The reason I'm asking this is I want to make a /blockgrp command but as I can't get any information about the contact's groups I don't think there's a way to do it. Apart from manually creating groups in arrays/txt files/xml files, but that's quite inconvenient...

RE: Contact.Group? by deAd on 07-10-2006 at 01:13 PM

The Groups would be handled in the Messenger API by plus!, but Plus! has had problems accessing the groups through the API. I've tried to do it inside JScript and it crashed messenger, but through an external program it worked fine. So you could do it with a DLL :P

RE: RE: Contact.Group? by AberNStein on 07-10-2006 at 09:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by deAd
The Groups would be handled in the Messenger API by plus!, but Plus! has had problems accessing the groups through the API. I've tried to do it inside JScript and it crashed messenger, but through an external program it worked fine. So you could do it with a DLL :P

please explain how.
note: i know very little about dll programming. jscript i'm good in though.
RE: Contact.Group? by Keikonium on 07-10-2006 at 09:41 PM

If this script gets created, I will be extreamly happy :). At night I leave my msn up (pretty much 24/7 :P) and it is such a hassle to block everyone except 1 person -_-. I have reasons for leaving a single person unblocked, but I wont go into that.

I miss this feature from Plus!3. I hope either a script gets made for this, or the feature is added to the next Plus! release :).

RE: Contact.Group? by Ezra on 07-10-2006 at 09:43 PM

You can also just create a script that blocks everyone except that person, and naturally unblock them later.

RE: Contact.Group? by Keikonium on 07-10-2006 at 09:46 PM

Thats possible :o! Sorry to hijack this thread, but how may I ask can I do this :S? This will save me quite a bit of time lol.

RE: Contact.Group? by deAd on 07-10-2006 at 10:09 PM

You'll need to create a dll, add the messenger api, and then loop through the contacts groups and block them. The hardest part will actually be making/importing the dll ;) (and for most people other than me thats not a challenge)

RE: Contact.Group? by Ezra on 07-10-2006 at 10:41 PM

quote:
You'll need to create a dll, add the messenger api, and then loop through the contacts and block them. The hardest part will actually be making/importing the dll ;) (and for most people other than me thats not a challenge)

What are you talkig about?

You can loop trough the contactlist with the script objects and set the blocked status. Just remember to save the people blocked somewhere so you don't unblock the non-automaticly blocked people ;)

Too tired to make it now... sorry
RE: Contact.Group? by deAd on 07-10-2006 at 11:13 PM

Oh oops. I meant loop through the groups. *edits*

RE: RE: Contact.Group? by aaajeetee on 12-04-2006 at 11:55 AM

quote:
Oh oops. I meant loop through the groups. *edits*

And how do I loop through the groups? Had the same idea, but I can't find where the groups are..
RE: Contact.Group? by Spunky on 12-04-2006 at 12:03 PM

You can't use groups in MP!L... You would have to do as Ezra said and block everybody using a loop and then make a note of them in the script somewhere so that it knows who to unblock afterwards. (IIRC anything that does an operation on (nearly) AL of your contacts can freeze WLM and get quite laggy