Shoutbox

Paedophile Punishment - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Paedophile Punishment (/showthread.php?tid=62998)

Paedophile Punishment by Vimto on 07-10-2006 at 07:07 PM

What do you think should happen to this man Craig Sweeney:@
Article

Personally I think it is outrageous that he is getting a minimum of 5 years when you can get at least 4 years for Section 18 (Wounding with intent)
He should get life for the torment this little girl will go through. He should be tortured and then castrated.

Your thoughts on this ...

RE: Paedophile Punishment by user27089 on 07-10-2006 at 07:09 PM

I think they should chop his hands and dick off. Also, I think when somebody gets a life sentence, they should get that sentence and not be able to apply for parole. Especially sexual offenders of this severity, no sexual offender will ever be "cured" of what they have done in the past.

RE: Paedophile Punishment by Ezra on 07-10-2006 at 07:17 PM

you think minimum of 5 years for rape is short?

They give minimum of 5 years to murderers here :s

They invented this thing called TBS, what is some sort of psychic help, but most of them just run away or do it again...

EDIT: Forgot my thoughts about it :P

I think he should indeed be put away for life, not death row, way too mild, put him away for life and not in such a prison resort, in a real prison but crappy beds, ass raping psychos and water + bread...

RE: Paedophile Punishment by vaccination on 07-10-2006 at 07:18 PM

Stupid. 5 years, personally i feel it should be life at least. And i totally agree with what traxor said.

RE: Paedophile Punishment by Adeptus on 07-11-2006 at 05:08 AM

There are two distinct approaches to criminal justice: punitive and rehabilitation.  The punitive approach takes the position of "eye for an eye", that the perpetrator must suffer at least equally to the suffering of the victim and this will somehow serve justice.  The rehabilitation approach takes the position that it doesn't matter as much what one did, it matters that we can be sure one won't do it again.  I am a strong supporter of the rehabilitation approach, and the two are usually mutually exclusive.  I do not believe in retribution -- sorry.

I also think we should differentiate between the actions of someone clearly less than sane and calculated, intentional actions of someone who knows exactly what they are doing.

Sweeney comes across to me as someone with serious mental problems.  I would suspect he is right on the brink of being certifyably insane.  If he was calculating his actions, he would have never done it the way he did.  Personally, I don't see a problem with any sentence he is given, provided his unsupervised release into society is subject to professional review.

RE: Paedophile Punishment by stoshrocket on 07-11-2006 at 08:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
I think he should indeed be put away for life, not death row, way too mild, put him away for life and not in such a prison resort, in a real prison but crappy beds, ass raping psychos and water + bread...

relating to that i was readin the news a couple of days back and some sick dude that abducted a girl and made her perform sexual acts only got 5 years (i think) but his prison cell has a comfortable bed with duvets, books, and a playstaion 2 hooked upto a portable TV which he spends most of his day on.... its hardly serving the right sentance and hardly teaching him not to do it again..

2don't do it again or you'll be back in prison playing playstation 2 for another five years!!" :-/
RE: Paedophile Punishment by Kenji on 07-11-2006 at 08:17 AM

They should just kill the fucker:refuck:

RE: Paedophile Punishment by Rik on 07-11-2006 at 09:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dazmatic
i don't agree, he should be put away for life, life in jail is hard and if he was just killed he wouldn't suffer or pay for what he did
RE: Paedophile Punishment by :.dudeman.: on 07-11-2006 at 05:53 PM

People like this make me sick, they're everywhere. I say that he SHOULD have his dick cut off, then have a salt bath. After that he should spend the rest of his life in jail. DAMN BASTARD.

RE: Paedophile Punishment by Thor on 07-11-2006 at 05:59 PM

Well, everybody deserves a chance, but doing this.. I don't like it. Not death, but Jail, for a longer time than 5 years! Maybe he should lose his ability to have sex. That would atleast make the f**** sad. No, those kinda people ain't no good.

I mostly feel sorry for the girl. Her life is kinda ruined, you just don't forget that..

RE: Paedophile Punishment by user27089 on 07-11-2006 at 06:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Adeptus
There are two distinct approaches to criminal justice: punitive and rehabilitation.  The punitive approach takes the position of "eye for an eye", that the perpetrator must suffer at least equally to the suffering of the victim and this will somehow serve justice.  The rehabilitation approach takes the position that it doesn't matter as much what one did, it matters that we can be sure one won't do it again.  I am a strong supporter of the rehabilitation approach, and the two are usually mutually exclusive.  I do not believe in retribution -- sorry.

I also think we should differentiate between the actions of someone clearly less than sane and calculated, intentional actions of someone who knows exactly what they are doing.

Sweeney comes across to me as someone with serious mental problems.  I would suspect he is right on the brink of being certifyably insane.  If he was calculating his actions, he would have never done it the way he did.  Personally, I don't see a problem with any sentence he is given, provided his unsupervised release into society is subject to professional review.

Rehabilitation isn't something that would work for somebody like Sweeney or any other paedophile. People who have sexually offended children and other people in the past usually do it again once they are released. Punitive punishment is the best way forward, with this people will realise that if they do something, then they'll suffer, suffer in a literal sense. Whereas, if they get a sentence of 5 years, they'll just think to themselves: "Hey, that was only 5 years, once I can get out I can shag another 12 month old baby and I'll get another 5. This doesn't matter though because I got a hell of a kick from that!" (sorry about the harsh example there, but it's true).

Sexual offenders, especially paedophiles, are very nasty people, and in my opinion don't deserve any rights, they barely deserve the right of life.
RE: Paedophile Punishment by Mentality on 07-11-2006 at 06:34 PM

Traxor is right....

It's an addiction for these guys, think of it like this right..

Most 16's or over on here, have probably had sex by now, now before turning 15 or 16 you probably didn't care if you ever did or didn't have sex (some people younger than 15 these day know more about it than they should, but thats a different story) Imagine now, trying never to have sex again or never masturbating. It would be near impossible for anyone to do that. That's exactly the same for peodo's except there obsession is wrong and seems to be some what stronger fueled by the fact that they know it's wrong and they shouldn't be doing it which only adds to their excitement. They don't just deserve, but infact NEED to be locked up from society.

RE: Paedophile Punishment by Kenji on 07-11-2006 at 06:37 PM

I Agree (Y)

RE: Paedophile Punishment by Voldemort on 07-11-2006 at 06:41 PM

I agree with Adeptus. I believe he can be considered insane.

RE: Paedophile Punishment by Thor on 07-11-2006 at 06:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mentality
Traxor is right....

It's an addiction for these guys, think of it like this right..

Most 16's or over on here, have probably had sex by now, now before turning 15 or 16 you probably didn't care if you ever did or didn't have sex (some people younger than 15 these day know more about it than they should, but thats a different story) Imagine now, trying never to have sex again or never masturbating. It would be near impossible for anyone to do that. That's exactly the same for peodo's except there obsession is wrong and seems to be some what stronger fueled by the fact that they know it's wrong and they shouldn't be doing it which only adds to their excitement. They don't just deserve, but infact NEED to be locked up from society.
Yeah, but they still need a change to get rid of that obsession. I don't think they won't to have that obsession. I mean, it can't be funny to HAVE to do something. They should be helped (those ho still has a chance) instead of getting kicked into jail and left there as THAT kind of shit. They're bad, bad people, but they still need some help.
RE: Paedophile Punishment by user27089 on 07-11-2006 at 06:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nitrolinken
Yeah, but they still need a change to get rid of that obsession. I don't think they won't to have that obsession. I mean, it can't be funny to HAVE to do something. They should be helped (those ho still has a chance) instead of getting kicked into jail and left there as THAT kind of shit. They're bad, bad people, but they still need some help

That's the problem, sexual offenders will NEVER be cured.
RE: Paedophile Punishment by Voldemort on 07-11-2006 at 06:46 PM

You can just chop their hands and pe*is off, if you want to retain them from assault, Although, I belive people can change their mind.

RE: Paedophile Punishment by Thor on 07-11-2006 at 06:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
quote:
Yeah, but they still need a change to get rid of that obsession. I don't think they won't to have that obsession. I mean, it can't be funny to HAVE to do something. They should be helped (those ho still has a chance) instead of getting kicked into jail and left there as THAT kind of shit. They're bad, bad people, but they still need some help

That's the problem, sexual offenders will NEVER be cured.
No... You're a bit wrong. But I'm a bit wrong too.
There are some that actually gets cured, but it's few and it may be difficult to remove that obsession, but with some work, it's possible, but not to the majority. Most of those f***** are  lost. And that I admit.
RE: Paedophile Punishment by Mentality on 07-11-2006 at 06:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
You can just chop their hands and pe*is off, if you want to retain them from assault, Although, I belive people can change their mind.

That would stop the physical arousal - but the mental arousal would still stand. With no hands or penis and all.

quote:
There are some that actually gets cured

Why, just because they say - hey look am cured?

Very debatable.

I'm not saying lock them in jail - nor an insane assylum w.e, but some form of secured unit, where they can't get out and do these things, and yes where they can also work on they're mental state to see why they think like this and if something can be done to allow them back into society, But to me, until we can read peoples minds, they should never be allowed back into society because we never know really if they are "cured" (for lack of a better word.)

RE: Paedophile Punishment by aNILEator on 07-11-2006 at 07:12 PM

all paedos should be hung in public places imo

RE: Paedophile Punishment by welshboy222 on 07-11-2006 at 07:14 PM

Death is too easy a sentence they should put him in a hole in the ground for a long time!!! Dirty b******!

RE: Paedophile Punishment by user27089 on 07-11-2006 at 08:04 PM

quote:
There are some that actually gets cured, but it's few and it may be difficult to remove that obsession, but with some work, it's possible, but not to the majority. Most of those f***** are  lost. And that I admit.

I'm not wrong, paedophiles cannot be cured of what's wrong with them, it will always be with them no matter what, they'll never be able to be with kids etc. because of fear that they might offend them etc. Even if they are "cured". Most of the people who are "cured" that are released will offend again, and again and again.
RE: Paedophile Punishment by welshboy222 on 07-11-2006 at 08:10 PM

One thing I will never understand is that how all you kwl people on here can explain things so well! Amazing!

RE: Paedophile Punishment by Thor on 07-11-2006 at 08:20 PM

quote:
uote:Originally posted by Nitrolinken
There are some that actually gets cured, but it's few and it may be difficult to remove that obsession, but with some work, it's possible, but not to the majority. Most of those f***** are  lost. And that I admit.

I'm not wrong, paedophiles cannot be cured of what's wrong with them, it will always be with them no matter what, they'll never be able to be with kids etc. because of fear that they might offend them etc. Even if they are "cured". Most of the people who are "cured" that are released will offend again, and again and again.
Most of them, but not not all.
RE: Paedophile Punishment by Mentality on 07-11-2006 at 08:21 PM

quote:

How can you even say that? - Like I said, you will never even know if they was - You don't know what they are thinking in they're head.

How can you be so sure?
RE: Paedophile Punishment by Thor on 07-11-2006 at 08:28 PM

quote:
quote:

How can you even say that? - Like I said, you will never even know if they was - You don't know what they are thinking in they're head.

How can you be so sure?
To put it this way; How can you be so sure they will?
Even if 999999 of the "cured" started again, doesn't mean that the last one will.

And, you've one point, I don't know what they're thinking, and tbh, I don't wan't.

But as you (kinda) said, how can you know that they'll rape again? Do you know excatly what they're thinking? I'll answer - u don't.
RE: Paedophile Punishment by GiantSpider on 07-11-2006 at 08:33 PM

It's very simple what should happen to people like him (and general rapists, and wife beaters too).

First they should be castrated, then they should be fed said item that was castrated. Then they should be put in a nice big prison with all the murderers & gays. Then spend the rest of there life picking up the soap, looking forward to dying, but knowing that HM Prison service will be on hand to prevent that from happening.

Just my personal thoughts on what I percieve to be the scum of the earth, what with my regards of cockroaches being higher than them.

RE: Paedophile Punishment by Mentality on 07-11-2006 at 08:45 PM

quote:
But as you (kinda) said, how can you know that they'll rape again? Do you know excatly what they're thinking? I'll answer - u don't.

I don't need to answer it for me, because that's just what I've been trying to get into your head.

RE: Paedophile Punishment by Thor on 07-11-2006 at 08:46 PM

quote:
quote:

I don't need to answer it for me, because that's just what I've been trying to get into your head.
I've it already in my head. I was just making a point, u can't know that they'll rape, just as I can't know they'll won't.
RE: Paedophile Punishment by Mentality on 07-11-2006 at 08:49 PM

That settles it. :P

RE: Paedophile Punishment by lordy on 07-11-2006 at 10:27 PM

Something they've been considering in Victoria is making it so serial paeodphiles are made to live where the police tell them (ie away from schools etc) for the rest of their lives... they would also need permission to go anywhere else.

RE: Paedophile Punishment by Mentality on 07-11-2006 at 11:02 PM

This is something being considering here as well, mainly because some of the hide aways homes or whatever they are called are placed near primary schools (Oh the Irony)

RE: Paedophile Punishment by Underlord on 07-12-2006 at 12:06 AM

He should be taken out to a paddock and shot like a wounded horse.

RE: Paedophile Punishment by aNILEator on 07-12-2006 at 07:18 AM

wel i think the general public will do more than that, so thats why i say hang him, let them throw shit at him :P

RE: Paedophile Punishment by ShawnZ on 07-12-2006 at 07:35 AM

quote:
I think they should chop his hands and dick off.
quote:
Originally posted by Dazmatic
quote:
Originally posted by :.dudeman.:
I say that he SHOULD have his dick cut off, then have a salt bath.
quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
all paedos should be hung in public places imo
quote:
Originally posted by welshboy222
they should put him in a hole in the ground for a long time
quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider
First they should be castrated, then they should be fed said item that was castrated
quote:
Originally posted by Underlord
He should be taken out to a paddock and shot like a wounded horse.
quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
so thats why i say hang him, let them throw shit at him

Wonderful, lets ruin the justice system by going as low as he has. The best part is, he has issues, we don't. Way to prove it!

fucking idiots.
RE: Paedophile Punishment by Underlord on 07-12-2006 at 08:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
Wonderful, lets ruin the justice system by going as low as he has. The best part is, he has issues, we don't. Way to prove it!
Yet you think that 6 years minimum is adequate for someone who has ruined the life of another human being?

quote:
fucking idiots.
You have issues.
RE: Paedophile Punishment by ShawnZ on 07-12-2006 at 08:16 AM

quote:
Yet you think that 6 years minimum is adequate for someone who has ruined the life of another human being?

Did I say it was? I said lopping his balls off isn't. And he ruined her life? Not everyone abused is affected by it.
RE: Paedophile Punishment by Underlord on 07-12-2006 at 08:19 AM

quote:
quote:

Did I say it was? I said lopping his balls off isn't. And he ruined her life? Not everyone abused is affected by it.
Read the article.
RE: Paedophile Punishment by aNILEator on 07-12-2006 at 12:52 PM

shawn I got alot of 'issues' at the moment, and i could die soon or be in severe pain for the rest of my life, great choices i got huh!

EDIT: and no offence but coming from someone who has a hitler based avatar not a great impression

RE: RE: Paedophile Punishment by GiantSpider on 07-12-2006 at 12:52 PM

quote:
quote:

Prison is nothing, they get put on segregated wings, where they live out there jail sentence (six years, you get more for dealing drugs) happily with other Paedo's & rapist's etc. Safe in the knowledge they only have to fear leaving prison, then getting a new name & identity then being safeguarded by the police.
RE: Paedophile Punishment by user27089 on 07-13-2006 at 06:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lordy
Something they've been considering in Victoria is making it so serial paeodphiles are made to live where the police tell them (ie away from schools etc) for the rest of their lives... they would also need permission to go anywhere else.

That's what they usually do (here in England anyway). They make paedophiles stay in their homes all the time, people bring them their shopping etc. but there's no way a policeman could stay with somebody until the paedophile dies or anything, so after a few years then they leave. After that they're free to roam around and do what the hell the want to, this is wrong.

Also shawnz, I'm not a fucking idiot. People like this are the lowest of the low, and of course they won't do that, I was just expressing my anger at the guy. Paedophiles are never treated well in prisons anyway, he'll be beat up daily and probably shagged up the arse a few times a week :). He'll be made a little bitch just like he made the children he molested, which I'd say is definitely a good thing.
RE: Paedophile Punishment by Vimto on 07-13-2006 at 03:44 PM

Just heard on the radio a girl of 13 has jus been raped today in a Birkenhead communal changing room right by my road. :o:@

RE: Paedophile Punishment by welshboy222 on 07-13-2006 at 03:48 PM

So harsh words here guys and that radio announcement.... its a sad world.