Shoutbox

[UPDATE] Mute 1.3 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [UPDATE] Mute 1.3 (/showthread.php?tid=63004)

[UPDATE] Mute 1.3 by noroom on 07-10-2006 at 08:01 PM

As requested, I present you...

Mute.
Mute Messenger and Plus! sounds without having to set your status to Busy.

Scroll to the bottom of this post if you're lazy to read all this.

The script will edit the registry keys to disable all Messenger sounds.
It will also disable Plus! built in sounds (like /sHello, /sEvilLaugh, etc) along with the auto playing of Emotion Sounds.
(HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger\PerPassportSettings\<number>\Sounds).
(HKCU\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\<email>\Preferences)

It will add a "Mute" menu item to the Plus! icon in the contact list and conversation window, where you can Mute/Unmute WLM and Plus! sounds. I didn't want the Mute option to be in a submenu, but this is a limitation set by Plus!: Scripts can only add commands in their submenu. I also wanted the menu item to have a checkbox, but sadly this functionality isn't offered by the Plus! scripting engine.

Besides the menu item, you can also mute/unmute sounds by typing "/mute" into a conversation window. It works like a toggle-switch, so just type "/mute" again to unmute sounds. A popup toast will notify you of the mute status.

The script will not mute custom notifications, as the registry keys where these are stored are ignored by Plus! when events are triggered. Click here for more info.

Mute will automatically try to unmute WLM/Plus! when you sign out. I don't know what happens if WLM/Plus! crash while on mute, but if something breaks, you can go to the Mute script folder and you'll find a file called "backup.reg". Just run it, and everything should be back to normal. If it's not, just set your sounds using the Options/Preferences panel of the respective programs. (Like this: WLM1, WLM2, Plus!)

I've already written too much about this, so I'll just let you download it now. If a lot of people download it and there are no big problems, I'll update it and submit it to the script database.

Thanks, and enjoy.

Features:

• Adds a "Mute" menu item to the Plus! icon in conversation windows and in the contact list
  • Mutes all Messenger sounds
  • Stops Voice Clips from playing automatically
  • Stops Winks from playing automatically
  • Mutes Plus! sound commands
  • Stops Plus! Custom Emotion Sounds from playing automatically
  • Type "/mute" to toggle muting Messenger and Plus! sounds
  • Generates "backup.reg" to fix the registry if something breaks
  • Automatically unmutes Messenger when you sign out
  • A popup toast shows up when mute is toggled (Thanks to Jesus for finally pushing me into this!)

To do:
  • Small configuration window
  • Mute Messenger/Plus! sounds separately
  • Make toast optional
  • Get the subkeys with proper registry code

Changelog:

Mute 1.3
- Fixed the broken error handling introduced in 1.2. Mute won't mute your sounds and not allow you to unmute them anymore!

Mute 1.2
- Improved error handling for increased compatibility. Users who never saw the emulated checkbox should have no problems anymore.
- Added the mute status popup toast.

Mute 1.11
- (!) Fixed a problem with Mute not starting up if you signed out while having muted sounds.

Mute 1.1
- Mute affects Winks and Voice Clips (won't play automatically anymore)
- Added a simulated checkbox in the menu item
- Tidied up code

Mute 1.0
- Initial release
RE: [RELEASE] Mute. by Voldemort on 07-10-2006 at 08:02 PM

I just love it, dowloading now.

RE: [RELEASE] Mute. by prashker on 07-10-2006 at 08:07 PM

Nice thanks (y)

RE: [RELEASE] Mute. by imagif on 07-10-2006 at 08:07 PM

Thank you, it's really great :D(Y)

RE: [RELEASE] Mute. by Joereynolds89 on 07-10-2006 at 08:11 PM

msg plus live, or windows live messenger won't, well shouldn't run on anything under xp :D

oh and it seems to be fine :D

RE: [RELEASE] Mute. by Jellings on 07-10-2006 at 08:25 PM

works perfectly so far

RE: [RELEASE] Mute. by deAd on 07-10-2006 at 09:07 PM

The Sound paths are stored in HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger\PerPassportSettings\<UserId>\Sounds\<Sound Name>\Path. The path is binary encrpyted.

RE: [RELEASE] Mute. by AberNStein on 07-10-2006 at 09:19 PM

custom notifs are in HKCU/Software/Patchou/Messenger Plus! Live/{email address of the user}/Preferences/CustomNotifs
shouldn't have been that hard to find

RE: [RELEASE] Mute. by Salem on 07-10-2006 at 09:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by noroom
As requested, I present you... Mute.

Thanks, and enjoy.

Excellent(Y). This will make the muting of Messenger sounds (WLM & MP!L) soo muh easier. Will definitely use it.

Thanks dude.

~Salem(@)
RE: [RELEASE] Mute. by Pure_BY on 07-10-2006 at 10:44 PM

Very nice. It would also be nice to be able to mute only WLM, not Plus!. Could you make that feature?

For the rest, a perect plugin! :) Very nice!

RE: [RELEASE] Mute. by M73A on 07-10-2006 at 10:50 PM

Thanks, i've been wanting a feature like this for so long!

RE: [RELEASE] Mute. by noroom on 07-11-2006 at 09:29 AM

Thank you all for the great feedback!

quote:
Originally posted by Joereynolds89
msg plus live, or windows live messenger won't, well shouldn't run on anything under xp :D

oh and it seems to be fine :D
That's a really good point, haha... I guess it's okay then. Glad you liked it!

quote:
Originally posted by deAd
The Sound paths are stored in HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger\PerPassportSettings\<UserId>\Sounds\<Sound Name>\Path. The path is binary encrpyted.
I'm not really sure what you mean by this. I kinda already knew that :)

quote:
Originally posted by AberNStein
custom notifs are in HKCU/Software/Patchou/Messenger Plus! Live/{email address of the user}/Preferences/CustomNotifs
shouldn't have been that hard to find
You're right, but I have failed to find a registry key to enable/disable them. There are three important keys for each Custom Notification in there. Enabled (1/0), PlaySound (1/0) and DispToast (1/0). Turns out Plus! ignores these keys when the event is triggered, and just uses values that have probably been stored in internal variables. Even if I set those three keys to zero, Custom Notifications are triggered. My guess is that Plus! only stores them to be loaded after a reboot. And I don't think you'll want to reboot just to mute the CNs. I thought I might have more luck removing the SoundFile value (which stores the path to the sound), but Plus! ignores that key too and uses an internal value. So, I still don't know how to mute Custom Notifications. :(

quote:
Originally posted by Pure_BY
Very nice. It would also be nice to be able to mute only WLM, not Plus!. Could you make that feature?

For the rest, a perect plugin! :) Very nice!
Yeah, I was considering this, but it didn't seem that important to me, so I didn't include it in the first release. I'll add this option though. :)

Again, I'm happy you all found it useful, and thank you for the feedback. Back to the script editor!
RE: [RELEASE] Mute. by Tan_Hu on 07-11-2006 at 10:50 AM

it didn't work in ma computer ( win XP sp2 ) yeah it mutes my WLM but i can not unmute it, and "/mute" is not workn i have to reable the sounds form WLM's optisions menu
lolz all the bad things happens to me!

RE: RE: [RELEASE] Mute. by deAd on 07-11-2006 at 12:47 PM

quote:
quote:
I'm not really sure what you mean by this. I kinda already knew that :)

Sorry, thought you meant the WLM custom sounds. :$
RE: [RELEASE] Mute 1.1 by noroom on 07-11-2006 at 06:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tan_Hu
it didn't work in ma computer ( win XP sp2 ) yeah it mutes my WLM but i can not unmute it, and "/mute" is not workn i have to reable the sounds form WLM's optisions menu
That's really weird... Do you have another script that has that command registered? Have you tried using the menu item to mute/unmute? Can you open backup.reg in notepad and post the contents here?

quote:
Sorry, thought you meant the WLM custom sounds. :$
Oh, haha... It's alright. Thanks for wanting to help :)

I updated Mute to version 1.1. Rewrote the muting engine, code looks better now, and now Winks and Voice Clips won't play automatically, if you had them set to that. (Y)
RE: RE: [RELEASE] Mute 1.1 by Tan_Hu on 07-11-2006 at 07:46 PM

quote:
quote:
That's really weird... Do you have another script that has that command registered? Have you tried using the menu item to mute/unmute? Can you open backup.reg in notepad and post the contents here?

let me answer in correct order
1)i don have any other script controlling something like mute (only audiator live for sounds)
2)/mute or /unmute commands are not workn, there is no submenu button called unmute only mute
3)there is no file named backup.reg in my PC ( i search it).
when i reable the sounds from WML's options script stops itself.
RE: [RELEASE] Mute 1.11 by noroom on 07-11-2006 at 08:10 PM

Can you try Mute 1.11? I think it's gonna work now. :)

RE: [RELEASE] Mute 1.11 by CanadianOriginal on 07-12-2006 at 02:55 AM

Thank you TONS! Noname! This is exactly what I needed. Keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to disabling custom notifications! (Y)

RE: [RELEASE] Mute 1.11 by giken on 07-12-2006 at 06:23 AM

really thanks :)
I love this script :D

can you add the ability to disable toasts as well?

RE: [RELEASE] Mute 1.11 by noroom on 07-12-2006 at 10:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CanadianOriginal
Thank you TONS! Noname! This is exactly what I needed. Keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to disabling custom notifications! (Y)
Sorry, who? ^o)

quote:
Originally posted by giken

Hm, the script is called "Mute" because it mutes sounds. Toasts are silent... Bit I guess I'll look into that anyway, expand the script's horizons :)
RE: [RELEASE] Mute 1.11 by giac jr on 07-12-2006 at 01:51 PM

(Y):D

RE: RE: [RELEASE] Mute 1.11 by Tan_Hu on 07-12-2006 at 02:53 PM

quote:
Can you try Mute 1.11? I think it's gonna work now. :)

same problems :(
i think there is sth wrong in ma pc
still thats a very good script
RE: [RELEASE] Mute 1.11 by CanadianOriginal on 07-13-2006 at 02:45 AM

Just a suggestion:

Add a toast popup saying "sounds have now been muted/unmuted" like MAtty's old script?

RE: [RELEASE] Mute 1.11 by Chestah on 07-13-2006 at 08:50 AM

Nice script! BTW theres a problem with the Scripting database. When i click on download a picture appears and the .plsc doesn't download :P

Edit: This script doesn't work correctly with Windows Vista. It will disable sounds, but it doesn't update the "emulated checkbox" to say they have been disabled. Then when clicking to re-enable the sounds it doesn't work.

RE: [RELEASE] Mute 1.11 by Menthix on 07-13-2006 at 09:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
BTW theres a problem with the Scripting database. When i click on download a picture appears and the .plsc doesn't download
fixed :)
RE: [RELEASE] Mute 1.11 by noroom on 07-13-2006 at 10:30 AM

quote:
same problems :(
i think there is sth wrong in ma pc
still thats a very good script
Oh, that's really weird... I don't know where the problem could be. Maybe the scripting shell I used to modify the registry isn't correctly working on your computer?

quote:
Originally posted by CanadianOriginal
Just a suggestion:

Add a toast popup saying "sounds have now been muted/unmuted" like MAtty's old script?
Added to the To do list.

quote:
Nice script! BTW theres a problem with the Scripting database. When i click on download a picture appears and the .plsc doesn't download :P

Edit: This script doesn't work correctly with Windows Vista. It will disable sounds, but it doesn't update the "emulated checkbox" to say they have been disabled. Then when clicking to re-enable the sounds it doesn't work.
The Script DB problem escapes me, but MenthiX has fixed it already (thanks!). Oh, and I didn't really expect it to work with Vista. It probably doesn't include a scripting shell like the one on XP. And even if it did and it was compatible, I don't know if accessing the registry would work the same way. I don't plan on offering Vista compatibility.
RE: RE: [RELEASE] Mute 1.11 by giken on 07-13-2006 at 10:57 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by giken

Hm, the script is called "Mute" because it mutes sounds. Toasts are silent... Bit I guess I'll look into that anyway, expand the script's horizons :)

I know it's called Mute because its main ability is to disable sounds :)
Maybe you can add the toasts disabling as bonus/extra feature... It would be very useful when you are running full screen applications not recognized by wlm ;)
RE: [RELEASE] Mute 1.11 by Chestah on 07-13-2006 at 10:56 PM

quote:
Oh, and I didn't really expect it to work with Vista. It probably doesn't include a scripting shell like the one on XP. And even if it did and it was compatible, I don't know if accessing the registry would work the same way. I don't plan on offering Vista compatibility.

Yeah thats ok. But the weird thing is that it does disable all the sounds :P. It just doesn't recognise that it has done so and when clicking to (well theoritically "enable" muting because it doesn't show when its already muting) disable muting it doesn't do anything. So i'm thinking it just may be a simple incompatibility

Edit: I've found the problem.

Error: Invalid root in registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger\PerPassportSettings\773420987\Sounds\MSNMSGR_NewSMSMessage\Enabled"..
       Line: 29. Code: -2147024894.

That sound doesn't exist in Vista. I'll make it compatible now and give you the required code :).
RE: [RELEASE] Mute 1.11 by noroom on 07-14-2006 at 06:45 AM

quote:
Edit: I've found the problem.

Error: Invalid root in registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger\PerPassportSettings\773420987\Sounds\MSNMSGR_NewSMSMessage\Enabled"..
Hm, I should add some error handling. That may make the script work for Tan_Hu too. *adds to To do list*
RE: [RELEASE] Mute 1.11 by CanadianOriginal on 07-23-2006 at 06:06 AM

I'm getting the problem Chestah described, but on XP. I can disable the sounds, but they stay disabled no matter what I do. Furthermore, using the /mute command (which does show up in the command popup window) gives me an error message saying there's no such command.

Now I'm soundless. Permanently, it seems.

After reinstalling, it also seems the script no longer loads when loading Messenger.

EDIT:
I suggest a seperate command for un-muting, for clarity's sake

RE: [RELEASE] Mute 1.11 by noroom on 07-24-2006 at 06:42 PM

I explained how to unmute sounds manually in the first post. Read it again.

That is happening because of an error when writing to the registry keys. Keys that have been written to stay like that (muted) and the rest of the code isn't executed anymore. Which means, the script doesn't think stuff has been muted.

I thought of a very very easy solution to the problem, but it's like cheating. Enable debugging in Plus! and paste the output of the Debug window here.

RE: RE: [RELEASE] Mute 1.11 by CanadianOriginal on 07-25-2006 at 02:25 AM

quote:
I explained how to unmute sounds manually in the first post. Read it again.

That is happening because of an error when writing to the registry keys. Keys that have been written to stay like that (muted) and the rest of the code isn't executed anymore. Which means, the script doesn't think stuff has been muted.

I thought of a very very easy solution to the problem, but it's like cheating. Enable debugging in Plus! and paste the output of the Debug window here.

Unfortunately, I DID read the first post. Read the entire thread, actually. I had to delete the entire keys to the WLM preferences and re-install it to get sounds back. After reinstalling the script, same thing. So at the moment, I'm putting use of the script on hold until the next version comes out. KEep working! (Y)
RE: [RELEASE] Mute 1.11 by Pure_BY on 07-26-2006 at 10:28 AM

A bug found: one way or another, all my Messenger sounds are muted no matter if I select the [ ] Mute option, or not... I can't get them back :P

First worked fine, started to notice this a couple of days ago...

RE: [RELEASE] Mute 1.11 by Chestah on 07-26-2006 at 10:51 AM

Can't you just shove each individual registry modification you are attempting to do in a try statement? Or better yet check to see which keys are available and then only change them?

RE: [RELEASE] Mute 1.11 by noroom on 07-26-2006 at 01:08 PM

quote:
Can't you just shove each individual registry modification you are attempting to do in a try statement? Or better yet check to see which keys are available and then only change them?
Yeah, it's what I wanted to do, but I have big exams coming up, so development will be put on hold for a while.
RE: [RELEASE] Mute 1.11 by nick_name on 08-09-2006 at 10:45 AM

quote:

Script has been stopped
Script is starting
Script is now loaded and ready
False
Error: Invalid root in registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger\PerPassportSettings\1047113105\Sounds\MSNMSGR_NewSMSMessage\Enabled"..
Function OnEvent_MenuClicked returned an error. Code: -2147352567

the error causes for the way you r trying to change the menu
dynamically ... i geuss menus r static

and it spawns error for the registry key as well ...
RE: [RELEASE] Mute 1.11 by Pure_BY on 08-11-2006 at 11:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pure_BY
A bug found: one way or another, all my Messenger sounds are muted no matter if I select the [ ] Mute option, or not... I can't get them back :P

First worked fine, started to notice this a couple of days ago...
Removing/reinstalling plugin did not help. Neither did the reinstall of WLM, even without Mute plugin in Plus!. I want to get my sound back! :dodgy:

RE: [RELEASE] Mute 1.11 by lrac522 on 08-12-2006 at 05:23 AM

Very nice script, works fine for me...(Y)

RE: [RELEASE] Mute 1.11 by Dave on 08-16-2006 at 05:12 PM

It doesn't mute my toasts, and also is the [  ]  thing on the options list meant to be filled in or anything, cos it always stays like [  ] for me.  Is this normal?

RE: RE: [RELEASE] Mute 1.11 by Jesus on 08-16-2006 at 09:44 PM

quote:

Script has been stopped
Script is starting
Script is now loaded and ready
False
Error: Invalid root in registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger\PerPassportSettings\1047113105\Sounds\MSNMSGR_NewSMSMessage\Enabled"..
Function OnEvent_MenuClicked returned an error. Code: -2147352567

I had this error too, but creating the requested key and DWORD value solved it.
works fine now :) even de [x] in the menu shows up
RE: RE: RE: [RELEASE] Mute 1.11 by Dave on 08-17-2006 at 08:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jesus
I had this error too, but creating the requested key and DWORD value solved it.
works fine now :) even de [x] in the menu shows up

So how can I make it work?  (I don't know how to write scripts...)
RE: [RELEASE] Mute 1.11 by Jesus on 08-17-2006 at 10:10 AM

you can make it work by creating HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger\PerPassportSettings\<your messenger ID>\Sounds\MSNMSGR_NewSMSMessage\Enabled in your registry, with <your messenger ID> being a 10 digits code.
If you're the only one using messenger on your PC, there should be only one ID in there. If there are more, just add the value to all of them ;)

This is what mine looks like now:

RE: [RELEASE] Mute 1.11 by noroom on 08-27-2006 at 10:39 AM

Yeah, that's my fault. I assumed registry keys were a standard for every WLM user, but it appears that it's location dependant. Now, this may mean that there are some keys that I don't have, which Mute will not mute, but I doubt it.

Adding that key won't be necessary. I've fixed the script to ignore keys that you don't have. Check the first post for a newer version.

And to all of you complaining that Mute removed your sounds forever, I'm sorry, but it really isn't that hard to unmute them. Check the first post for instructions.

RE: [UPDATE] Mute 1.2 by matty on 08-27-2006 at 05:51 PM

noroom, could I suggest maybe using my registry module to enum the subkeys and the subkey values instead of assuming it is the same?

Matty's reply to Parse Registry SubKeys in JScript?

RE: [UPDATE] Mute 1.2 by noroom on 08-27-2006 at 07:53 PM

That is awesome. I was looking for something that did that, but I gave up. I'll look into that (hope it's well documented :P ) and implement it when I have time.

Thanks for letting me know!

RE: [UPDATE] Mute 1.2 by Pure_BY on 08-27-2006 at 10:01 PM

quote:
And to all of you complaining that Mute removed your sounds forever, I'm sorry, but it really isn't that hard to unmute them. Check the first post for instructions.
I think, I was the only one complaining, but thanks a lot for the solution, the problem is solved :)
RE: [UPDATE] Mute 1.2 by noroom on 08-29-2006 at 08:51 AM

Glad to hear the latest version is working fine for you! :)

RE: [UPDATE] Mute 1.2 by ChoPraTs on 08-30-2006 at 05:25 PM

Hi!

Why this Script don't works fine in my Windows Live Messenger?

I can mute perfectly in one click with this Script, but then I can't unmute. The sounds of Messenger don't restore with one click, i need to go to Settings or Preferences and check in "Alerts & Sounds" the last 5 options.

I don't understand nothing. I tried the Mute version 1.1 and 1.2, and none works fine in my Windows Live Messenger.

Either can I use "commands", the command /mute is not accepted in my conversation window.

Please help me, because I thin this is one of the most interestant Scripts for Messenger Plus! Live.

Thanks and sorry, but my english is very poor, I'm spanish.

RE: [UPDATE] Mute 1.2 by noroom on 09-01-2006 at 09:31 AM

ChoPraTs: Open the Plus! preferences, then go to Scripts, and check "Enable debugging options". A window called "Script debugging" should appear. If it doesn't, go to your contact list and press the Alt key. Then click on the Plus! menu item and select "Show Script Debugging".

Then, in the Script Debugging window, select Mute as the Script. Now try to mute your sounds. Text should appear on the debugging window. Copy it and paste it here.

RE: [UPDATE] Mute 1.2 by ChoPraTs on 09-01-2006 at 09:42 AM

Thanks!

Well, this is the message that I have received in the Debug Windows:

Función llamada: OnGetScriptMenu
Función llamada: OnEvent_MenuClicked
Error: Raíz no válida en la clave del registro "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger\PerPassportSettings\2864120175\Sounds\MSNMSGR_NewSMSMessage\Enabled"..
       Línea: 29. Código: -2147024894.
La función OnEvent_MenuClicked devolvió un error. Código: -2147352567

Sorry, the text is in spanish because I have the software in my language. If you need help for translate it, contact with me.

Please, help me! :-D Thanks!

Hi!

I'm happy, because I have solved the problem. I explain to you what I have done.

The entry in the registry of Windows

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger\PerPassportSettings\2864120175\Sounds\MSNMSGR_NewSMSMessage"

not appears in my computer. I think this is because I have Windows Live Messenger in Spanish and then, some options are diferent. So, I created a new entry in the Registry with the same parameters that the others that I have find in "Sounds".

Now, Mute 1.2 funtions perfectly.

Thanks!!
RE: [UPDATE] Mute 1.2 by noroom on 09-01-2006 at 02:01 PM

Haha, don't worry, spanish is my first language. ;)

Weird that Mute 1.2 didn't work. It's exactly meant to fix that problem. Are you sure you tested 1.2?

RE: [UPDATE] Mute 1.2 by ChoPraTs on 09-01-2006 at 02:26 PM

Yes, I use the Mute 1.2, and don't solve the problem. Can I speak you in spanish?

Digo que si te puedo hablar en español, es que sino no me aclaro. :-P Lo entiendes todo perfectamente? Eres español también? Bueno... decía que he provado la versión 1.1 y la versión 1.2 del Script Mute, y ninguna solventó el problema. La solución fue la que realicé posteriormente, ir al editor del registro de Windows e incluir las entradas que faltaban y que no encontraba el script. Creé la entrada "MSNMSGR_NewSMSMessage" en el directorio que se especificaba en el error, y le puse los mismos parámetros de otras entradas que encontré en el mismo lugar. Y solucionado. Ahora todo funciona perfectamente.

Bueno, a ver si esto sirve para otras personas que tengan el mismo problema. Un saludo! Y gracias!

RE: [UPDATE] Mute 1.3 by noroom on 09-03-2006 at 12:18 PM

Thanks ChoPraTs, but there was no need to explain it again. I understood your english just fine, don't worry. Oh, and I lived in Peru for 17 years (I'm 20), that's why I can speak spanish.

Anyway, I looked into the script, and realized I added error catching for the writing process, but forgot about the reading process. Dumb dumb mistake. But thanks to you, I found the bug and finally fixed it. Turns out Mute 1.2 didn't actually fix anything. :$

Mute 1.3 fixes this, and now even people who don't have a few of the region-specific sounds will be able to run it without a problem. Thanks for your help, and for taking the time to report the error you found! Ah, y de nada ;)

RE: [UPDATE] Mute 1.3 by prashker on 10-17-2006 at 03:00 AM

I have used this for a long time.

Maybe adding a function for

When you switch to "Away" it will mute, and back to Online it will unmute :p

RE: [UPDATE] Mute 1.3 by noroom on 10-17-2006 at 11:10 AM

You could make a quicktext or a small script that does that for you.

RE: [UPDATE] Mute 1.3 by prashker on 10-17-2006 at 11:22 AM

quote:
You could make a quicktext or a small script that does that for you.

Will do
RE: [UPDATE] Mute 1.3 by kraus on 11-09-2006 at 04:43 AM

UHHHHHH I used it and it muted and then i typed /mute again and it says its unmuted, but its not, whats going on here?

RE: [UPDATE] Mute 1.3 by CanadianOriginal on 11-13-2006 at 09:05 AM

I'm glad to say that so far, I'm not having any of the difficulties I had in the past. One thing I'd like to see is muting notifications with sounds, although I'm sure that's not easy.

I also like the suggestion of automatically muting with certain statuses. The Quicktext idea is fine, but if the script automatically did it, it would make it that much more versatile

RE: [UPDATE] Mute 1.3 by noroom on 11-13-2006 at 06:06 PM

@kraus: I've noticed that this bug still hasn't been fixed. The problem is that the event for a script being closed, or WLM being exited is not always triggered, so Mute doesn't notice, and doesn't unmute sounds. And the next time it starts, it doesn't know sounds are muted. But I already know how to fix this for good. Don't worry. :)

@CanadianOriginal: At one point, I'll run out of features to add to this script, and I'll implement your suggestion. But for now, I have other things to do. Sorry. It will come though.

RE: [UPDATE] Mute 1.3 by MasterG on 01-26-2007 at 09:26 PM

I didn't test this one yet, but is it also possible to keep hearing the person you have a voice conversation with and got the cam with online, but mute everything else?

RE: [UPDATE] Mute 1.3 by P4R4D0x on 06-06-2007 at 08:29 AM

Any progress on this?

RE: [UPDATE] Mute 1.3 by Ampora on 09-24-2007 at 05:30 PM

thank you =)

RE: RE: [UPDATE] Mute 1.2 by petsas on 07-05-2010 at 12:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ChoPraTs
Thanks!

Well, this is the message that I have received in the Debug Windows:

Función llamada: OnGetScriptMenu
Función llamada: OnEvent_MenuClicked
Error: Raíz no válida en la clave del registro "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger\PerPassportSettings\2864120175\Sounds\MSNMSGR_NewSMSMessage\Enabled"..
       Línea: 29. Código: -2147024894.
La función OnEvent_MenuClicked devolvió un error. Código: -2147352567

Sorry, the text is in spanish because I have the software in my language. If you need help for translate it, contact with me.

Please, help me! :-D Thanks!
Hi!

I'm happy, because I have solved the problem. I explain to you what I have done.

The entry in the registry of Windows

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger\PerPassportSettings\2864120175\Sounds\MSNMSGR_NewSMSMessage"

not appears in my computer. I think this is because I have Windows Live Messenger in Spanish and then, some options are diferent. So, I created a new entry in the Registry with the same parameters that the others that I have find in "Sounds".

Now, Mute 1.2 funtions perfectly.

Thanks!!

I have the same problem:
Error: 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER' is undefined (code: -2146823279)

File: multiply_auto_login.js. Line: 120.

Function OnEvent_Timer returned an error. Code: -2147352567

Could you tell me the exactly steps that you followed to solve this problem?

Thank you in advance,
Thanasis :)
RE: [UPDATE] Mute 1.3 by CookieRevised on 07-05-2010 at 03:44 PM

petsas, try not to post the same question in multiple threads: my first script any help would be appriciated.

Note that when people post code as a response to questions regarding existing scripts, that this code is usually based upon that existing script. So it is often the case that you can not simply copy/paste that shown code and use it strait away in other scripts because that code depends on other code and constants (which might not have been posted in the posts because there is nothing wrong with it).

Also, you have not the same problem as ChoPraTs. Notice how the error codes are completely different. Not to mention that you have this error comming from an entirely different script than the "Mute" script.

;)