Shoutbox

Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro (/showthread.php?tid=63010)

Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro by Jhrono on 07-10-2006 at 11:39 PM

I just bought this sound card (plus the external device) for 158 Euros (Including 5-days-max shipping).. I read some reviews and I found out it was quite good.

Has anyone got a good / bad experience with this card? Any Comment? I'm quite excited since my front-right and front-left speakers don't shout music anymore because one of my channels on the onboard 5.1 soundcard (why, oh why ASUS ?) got fucked up :P

I know it's a late 2004 card, but from what I read it's more than enough for my demands :)

RE: Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro by Hank on 07-10-2006 at 11:46 PM

DJEX has the Pro .. i just have the cheaper Audigy4 card ..they sound great to me , i have no complaints but there are other newer cards, i believe Creative have finished with the Audigy line

RE: Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro by Nathan on 07-10-2006 at 11:48 PM

My mum has got this sound card. She loves it and nothing has gone wrong with it. (even though she only has 2 speakers connected to it:P)
The remote always comes in handy. And the front device (the bit on front of the tower) Is very handy for changin the "master volume" and putting in devices from the front!

Very good choice. And I hope you happy with it :P

RE: Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro by GibsonDude on 07-11-2006 at 06:54 PM

I have this card! It's the best thing I ever bought for my PC...
Word of warning though... Quite a few users (including myself) have had a few problems with the updated drivers... My machine takes on average 12 minutes to shut down and half the time to fully boot up... everything is OK if I don't update the drivers...

RE: Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro by Jhrono on 07-11-2006 at 09:04 PM

:| Thanks for warning me on that GibsonDude.. So even if I upgrade, can I downgrade later if suffer those problems?