Shoutbox

Spam in Poll Center? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Spam in Poll Center? (/showthread.php?tid=63032)

Spam in Poll Center? by Nagamasa on 07-11-2006 at 11:24 AM

I've noticed lately there has been quite a few polls that are repeated. For example, there is a poll named World Cup Final and its a thread away from my World Cup Winner poll.

Also, I think there is lately more spam posts.

There are threads asking if (someone) is a spammer, does (someone) need a new avatar, to ban someone, what (someone) should buy for a certain occasion, etc. I find them really annoying?

Admin: Can you please trash all the spam posts and expired posts from a LONG TIME ago?

WDZ: Can you please make a (higher) penalty to those who make pointless polls?

RE: Spam in Poll Centre? by GiantSpider on 07-11-2006 at 11:45 AM

Does it honestly really matter? I mean most of them will be in T&T so just hide T&T in the Latest Posts, that's whats its there for afterall.

RE: Spam in Poll Centre? by Menthix on 07-11-2006 at 12:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider
most of them will be in T&T
No, he means the Poll Center, which is not in T&T.

I'm personally already hiding the Poll Center in latest post ever since you can hide it. Polls without discussion are useless IMO. Never look at that section.
RE: Spam in Poll Centre? by Thor on 07-11-2006 at 12:17 PM

Yes, it's been to much trash there... Well, I mean spam... 8-)

Even so the moderators should be a bit more observe. 8-)

RE: Spam in Poll Centre? by John Anderton on 07-11-2006 at 12:27 PM

and what people do in threads by repeating the same point over and over (in such threads where a simple agreement acts as a post :-/) and agreeing to it even tho there is no need to do so over and over again is also spam. That is more concerning of the two imo tbh.

RE: Spam in Poll Centre? by surfichris on 07-11-2006 at 12:29 PM

Report the posts and they'll be dealt with appropriately.

Those who continue to offend and break the rules will be banned.

(Yes, I do think the forum is a pointless forum and an opportunity to subliminally spam)

RE: Spam in Poll Centre? by John Anderton on 07-11-2006 at 12:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Boulton
(Yes, I do think the forum is a pointless forum and an opportunity to subliminally spam)
But in some cases where the user needs a poll without any comments, it is useful (even tho that is rare, there are times when it is needed.)
But most of the time, i agree, it is "an opportunity to subliminally spam" unfortunately :(
RE: Spam in Poll Centre? by ShawnZ on 07-11-2006 at 12:34 PM

you can't really spam in the poll center... the worst you could do is post something obscene in the thread, make a ton of threads in it, or make the poll "does chris boulton suck at the windows" with the answers "yes" and "yes"

RE: Spam in Poll Centre? by John Anderton on 07-11-2006 at 12:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
you can't really spam in the poll center... the worst you could do is post something obscene in the thread, make a ton of posts in it, or make the poll "does chris boulton suck at the windows" with the answers "yes" and "yes"
Creating multiple posts with the same outcome would be considered as spam wouldnt it?
RE: Spam in Poll Centre? by Thor on 07-11-2006 at 12:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Creating multiple posts with the same outcome would be considered as spam wouldnt it?
Yes, normally. Or dobble posting (which isn't allowed).

Maybe people want attention..
RE: Spam in Poll Centre? by John Anderton on 07-11-2006 at 01:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nitrolinken
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Yes, normally. Or dobble posting (which isn't allowed).

Maybe people want attention..
Again, that was a rhetorical question to shawnz. I already agreed with the idea so i believe so. Cool down on the posting Nitro :P
RE: Spam in Poll Centre? by ShawnZ on 07-11-2006 at 01:18 PM

you can't reply or post in threads in the poll center, so double posting isn't an issue :p

RE: Spam in Poll Centre? by John Anderton on 07-11-2006 at 01:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
you can't reply or post in threads in the poll center, so double posting isn't an issue :p
Double thread posting :dodgy:

"Omg do you think shawnz is uber grammar l33t" and "How is shawnz's grammar" would be double thread posting in poll center wouldnt it? :p