Shoutbox

Vista 80% chance to be released - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Vista 80% chance to be released (/showthread.php?tid=63084)

Vista 80% chance to be released by Hank on 07-12-2006 at 01:23 AM

whats everyones thoughts on this?.. i just been reading Windows Vista has a 80% chance at being released in Jan next year, 20% chance it wont . any thoughts about that?

80% Vista Release

Another story

RE: Vista 80% chance to be released by RebelSean on 07-12-2006 at 01:30 AM

Well think of it this way: Release a half ass finished product with huge amounts of bugs, or delay it until it's 100% finished? Which one would you like to have? I personally don't care it's getting delayed because of the simple fact I just bought a decent PC yet it can't run Windows Vista w/ Aero.

RE: Vista 80% chance to be released by ShawnZ on 07-12-2006 at 01:33 AM

it honestly doesn't have that many bugs, you guys blow betas way out of proportion :-/

RE: Vista 80% chance to be released by Hank on 07-12-2006 at 01:37 AM

i know it dont have that many bugs but lets face it, each OS whether its Windows, Linux or MacOSX is released with Bugs ,

RE: Vista 80% chance to be released by markee on 07-12-2006 at 03:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Animal
i know it dont have that many bugs but lets face it, each OS whether its Windows, Linux or MacOSX is released with Bugs ,

and tat's why they have updates :)
RE: Vista 80% chance to be released by Hank on 07-12-2006 at 04:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by markee
and tat's why they have updates (Smilie)
exactly so it shouldn't matter at all if its released in jan,  or a month or 2 after, there's still gonna be lot of updates afterwards

so what i think MS should deff release it in Jan but warn people  that there's gonna be updates coming to fix the Bugs 
RE: Vista 80% chance to be released by Snake on 07-12-2006 at 02:26 PM

I found Vista very good. All it really needs is more drivers and the bug fixes.

RE: Vista 80% chance to be released by Lou on 07-12-2006 at 02:48 PM

Hasn't Vista been delayed enough? Wasn't the orginal ETA around Jan. this year? I think it's seriously been delayed enough as it is. I've not installed the latest beta (but it's on this computer) and I must say that from what I heard, it doesn't have that many bugs anymore:undecided:

RE: Vista 80% chance to be released by andrewdodd13 on 07-12-2006 at 03:28 PM

Whether it releases on time or not, 400MB RAM usage for an OS (this was on my PC) is unnecessary.

I mean, seriously.

Anyway, I reckon it'll be delayed. :)

RE: Vista 80% chance to be released by vaccination on 07-12-2006 at 03:36 PM

It will probably be delayed but jan would be a good time for me as i would have only just  built my new PC. :D

RE: Vista 80% chance to be released by Chris4 on 07-12-2006 at 03:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by andrewdodd13
Whether it releases on time or not, 400MB RAM usage for an OS (this was on my PC) is unnecessary.

I mean, seriously.
Looks like i'll be needing some more RAM then. :|

Then again, i'll probely get a new computer soon after.
RE: Vista 80% chance to be released by markee on 07-12-2006 at 03:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
It will probably be delayed but jan would be a good time for me as i would have only just  built my new PC. :D
Wouldn't you prefer it to be released before you build your new PC so you could get an OEM version?  Judging by what people are saying about Vista and by the amount of people already using the BETA I personally can't see why they should leave it too much longer before releasing it unless they are still planning on adding a few big features that aren't there yet.
RE: Vista 80% chance to be released by vaccination on 07-12-2006 at 04:14 PM

markee you genius, didn't think of that.

I doubt there will be more big fetures but you never know.

RE: Vista 80% chance to be released by Thor on 07-12-2006 at 05:24 PM

I really want to try Vista, my my PC wouldn't manage it, at all!..

So I'm upgradeing it! :D

But about the delay thing.. Even with bugs, I want it now, I'm tired of those delays... 8-)

RE: Vista 80% chance to be released by Chestah on 07-12-2006 at 11:39 PM

Well i'm running it now and i'm thinking theres lots of bugs to be fixed.

I think that its far better to release a nearly-perfect OS rather then release a semi-buggy one and then release patches later. Microsoft want Vista to have a good reputation on release so users upgrade.

RE: Vista 80% chance to be released by Reaper on 07-13-2006 at 12:08 AM

Is there a final list of PC requirements?

RE: Vista 80% chance to be released by Hank on 07-13-2006 at 12:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah

I think that its far better to release a nearly-perfect OS rather then release a semi-buggy one and then release patches later. Microsoft want Vista to have a good reputation on release so users upgrade.
i  see what our saying but MS have to do something about releasing it quick or windows Servers that are left will  be taken over by linux servers instead, people wont wait if they can get what they want in linux/unix

quote:
Originally posted by Reaper

Is there a final list of PC requirements?
i think there is somewhere  on the net. Google it

Windows Vista Requirements