Shoutbox

Interoperability with Yahoo! "just days away" - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Interoperability with Yahoo! "just days away" (/showthread.php?tid=63114)

Interoperability with Yahoo! "just days away" by vaccination on 07-12-2006 at 03:48 PM

No one else has posted this so i thought i would.

quote:
Originally posted by Mess.be

As we all know the interoperability between Yahoo! Messenger and Windows Live Messenger has been somewhat delayed after previously being announced for the second quarter of 2006. But Steve Makris from the Canadian Edmonton Journal had a chat yesterday with Phil Holden, director of Windows Live and Phil said the "IM interoperability beta trial between Messenger and Yahoo is just days away". Does that mean we'll see both clients talk to each other within a week?

[Source: Edmonton Journal]

I want to try it. ;)
RE: Interoperability with Yahoo! "just days away" by absorbation on 07-12-2006 at 03:49 PM

Funny, because I found a delay, read about it here.

RE: Interoperability with Yahoo! "just days away" by Chris4 on 07-12-2006 at 03:52 PM

Delays, delays, delays. Can't they just release it now :S:dodgy:
Guess we'll have wait and see..

RE: Interoperability with Yahoo! "just days away" by absorbation on 07-12-2006 at 03:58 PM

This project has been going on for over a year and a half now. I have discovered the coding is not one of the main delays, it's the competition. Microsoft and Yahoo! want their intergration to be as good as Google's and AOL's and are watching the progress like a hawk. I have also discovered Yahoo! intergration was chosen for a reason rather than any other client, that being the type of protocol (SIMPLE) used :).

RE: Interoperability with Yahoo! "just days away" by vaccination on 07-12-2006 at 04:04 PM

Hmmm, Interesting. We will have to see what they are planning to do. I would rather they realease it sooner than later but i'm not overly bothered. I don't know many people who use Yahoo!

RE: Interoperability with Yahoo! "just days away" by Rubber Stamp on 07-12-2006 at 04:06 PM

has it been released with the beta?