Shoutbox

Install bug! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Install bug! (/showthread.php?tid=63133)

Install bug! by Nathan on 07-12-2006 at 10:23 PM

Well when your installing it and you need to close WLM and it pops up a box asking whether you want to close WLM if you click no then it carrys on installing which corrupts the install. So I think you should add something in the code to make sure "msnmsgr.exe" is not running. This is probaly why most people's plus! dont work ;)

RE: Install bug! by RaceProUK on 07-13-2006 at 11:05 AM

It should either abort the install, or encourage a reboot post installation.

RE: Install bug! by Patchou on 07-13-2006 at 06:27 PM

even if you click no, Messenger Plus! should install properly. What problem did you get exactly?

RE: Install bug! by absorbation on 07-13-2006 at 06:31 PM

I had to pester Patchou so many times about this :P. Patchou the main problem I had is my computer has tiny RAM (256MB), and if I have high consuming programs open e.g. iTunes, Fireworks, even messenger itself my computer would overload and force to end the task. It seems to lag my computer a lot when installing Plus! while WLM is open.

RE: Install bug! by Nathan on 07-13-2006 at 06:31 PM

Well, It doesnt hook on properly. It will say Messenger Plus! Live has not been loaded properly. And the only way to fix this is to reinstall MP! L and sometimes that doesnt work untill you uninstall WLM :P

Or:

Features go Missing like in the contact window. And it wont run Scripts properly.

Hope this helps,
Nathan

RE: Install bug! by Thor on 07-13-2006 at 06:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
en e.g. iTunes, Fireworks, even messenger itself my computer would overload and force to end the task. It seems to lag my computer a lot when installing Plus! while WLM is
256? I have 224.... :(
And MP!L didn't install right the first time I tried, My computer just logged off. It does that when it gets tired. :)
RE: Install bug! by Nathan on 07-13-2006 at 06:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nitrolinken
quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
en e.g. iTunes, Fireworks, even messenger itself my computer would overload and force to end the task. It seems to lag my computer a lot when installing Plus! while WLM is
256? I have 224.... :(
And MP!L didn't install right the first time I tried, My computer just logged off. It does that when it gets tired. :)
Bless did you tuck it into its bed? :P
RE: Install bug! by Thaty_8D on 08-06-2006 at 04:22 PM

I'm also with an installing problem but I can't even start the installation program. It says that the program isn't a valid Win32 aplication. What's the problem? Could you help me,plase?:)

RE: Install bug! by Racorme on 08-21-2006 at 07:04 PM

try here

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=64...d=711373#pid711373