Shoutbox

Tabbed Chat Bug - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Tabbed Chat Bug (/showthread.php?tid=63154)

Tabbed Chat Bug by mr doggie on 07-13-2006 at 06:58 AM

Sorry if it has been reported before but I only just noticed today as I've had the inter opt enabled for Yahoo. My contacts names change to "1" Could it possibly be the problem for the bug or this already occurred?

RE: Tabbed Chat Bug by RaceProUK on 07-13-2006 at 09:57 AM

Does it only happen with contacts on Y!IM?

RE: Tabbed Chat Bug by mr doggie on 07-13-2006 at 11:22 AM

all contacts

RE: Tabbed Chat Bug by Sunshine on 07-13-2006 at 11:45 AM

Another one reported the same: compatibility with MSNP14?

RE: Tabbed Chat Bug by Chestah on 07-13-2006 at 12:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
Another one reported the same: compatibility with MSNP14?

Yep its weird how it happens. Some contacts appear as "1" but others their real name appears.
RE: Tabbed Chat Bug by Aardvark on 07-16-2006 at 03:25 AM

Yeah it also appears on your floating contacts too. When the person changes their status it usually changes to the "1". And then after a while it changes back.

RE: Tabbed Chat Bug by Alibunneh on 07-16-2006 at 04:08 AM

Yeah, I have the same problem.

RE: Tabbed Chat Bug by Chestah on 07-16-2006 at 04:37 AM

This should be fixed in 4.01 :P

RE: Tabbed Chat Bug by Hank on 07-16-2006 at 04:48 AM

i get this problem also a lot ,,mainly only happens with WLM contacts as i dont have or talk to yahoo contacts on Yahoo 8

RE: Tabbed Chat Bug by aC23 on 07-16-2006 at 10:53 PM

I get the same "1" problem. Also, whenever someone messages me from within a tabbed chat, the flashbar flashes the name of the original user with whom i was speaking to, making believe the person is messaging you when really it's another one of your contacts messaging you.. let me know if you didn't understand i'll try to explain it better

edit: I am not signed up for Yahoo interoperability.

RE: Tabbed Chat Bug by Nagamasa on 07-17-2006 at 05:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by aC23
I get the same "1" problem. Also, whenever someone messages me from within a tabbed chat, the flashbar flashes the name of the original user with whom i was speaking to, making believe the person is messaging you when really it's another one of your contacts messaging you.. let me know if you didn't understand i'll try to explain it better

edit: I am not signed up for Yahoo interoperability.

Are you using the newest version of MP!L? There was a new version released yesterday.

RE: Tabbed Chat Bug by CookieRevised on 07-17-2006 at 05:39 AM

quote:
I get the same "1" problem.
This is fixed in Plus! Live 4.01.240 release yesterday as stated by NagamasaAzai.

* Messenger Plus! Live 4.01... tada!
* http://www.msgpluslive.net/

[OFF TOPIC]
quote:
Also, whenever someone messages me from within a tabbed chat, the flashbar flashes the name of the original user with whom i was speaking to, making believe the person is messaging you when really it's another one of your contacts messaging you.. let me know if you didn't understand i'll try to explain it better
This is unrelated and offtopic. Anyways, yes that is how tabbed chats work. If it would indicate the person who send you a message in the taskbar button, the window itself will switch to that chat tab too, and that will cause even more confusion and possible sending text to the wrong person (imagine you are busy typing, the tab changes automatically and you didn't notice, you are still typing and you press enter... the text will be send to the wrong person).

This said, it could be "fixed" though, so the correct person is shown in only the taskbar button, but that isn't so easy to implement and I doubt this will change anytime soon.
To see a "proof of concept" script which does this, see: "CookieRevised's reply to Tabbed Chats - wrong contact".

[/OFF TOPIC]