Shoutbox

compatibility with MSNP14? (Symptom: "Name Changed: 1") - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: compatibility with MSNP14? (Symptom: "Name Changed: 1") (/showthread.php?tid=63164)

compatibility with MSNP14? (Symptom: "Name Changed: 1") by josh on 07-13-2006 at 10:13 AM

Problem fixed in MP!L 4.01, thanks for Patchou's great job!

quote:
Just signed up for the Yahoo! interoperability in http://ideas.live.com, and weird thing happens.

When I checked my event viewer, MP!L said my contacts are begin to change their name to "1".

Every contact name in the contact list didn't change, only informations in MP!L changed(Contact Info, Event Viewer).

Anyone have same problem like me?

RE: compatibility with MSNP14? by Felu on 07-13-2006 at 10:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by josh
MSNP14?
Whats that.
quote:
Just signed up for the Yahoo! interoperability in http://ideas.live.com, and weird thing happens.

When I checked my event viewer, MP!L said my contacts are begin to change their name to "1".
Confirmed.

Edit : I saw 32 insted of one this time 8-).
RE: compatibility with MSNP14? by Chestah on 07-13-2006 at 10:41 AM

o.O confirmed here also.

MSNP14 i'm guessing is the protocol WLM uses and i guess it obviously had to change to support Yahoo interop.

RE: RE: compatibility with MSNP14? by Nagamasa on 07-13-2006 at 10:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
MSNP14 i'm guessing is the protocol WLM uses and i guess it obviously had to change to support Yahoo interop.

I think he means MPL!4. He might of thought ! was 1.
RE: compatibility with MSNP14? by Dempsey on 07-13-2006 at 10:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NagamasaAzai
I think he means MPL!4. He might of thought ! was 1.

Chestah is correct.  MSNP14 = MSN Protocol 14, which is the latest version of the protocol used by the latest WLM clients.
RE: RE: compatibility with MSNP14? by josh on 07-13-2006 at 10:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by -!Felu!-
quote:
MSNP14?
Whats that.

MSN Protocol version 14, and this version have the new function to be able to communicate with Yahoo! messenger.

MSNP14 was discoverd in WLM 8.0.0792. After you sign up for Yahoo! interoperability, your WLM was connected to new server w/ MSNP14 enabled.
RE: compatibility with MSNP14? by NiteMare on 07-13-2006 at 10:49 AM

Confirmed, my name has also been changed to 1 when i went to one of my personal statuses

RE: compatibility with MSNP14? by josh on 07-13-2006 at 10:55 AM

I found when someone's event logged, and then the next is this contact's name changed to 1.

RE: compatibility with MSNP14? by NiteMare on 07-13-2006 at 11:02 AM

i also get the nubmer 32 for those people on yahoo

RE: compatibility with MSNP14? by Felu on 07-13-2006 at 11:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
i also get the nubmer 32 for those people on yahoo
Same here, ived edited my first posts about 5 mins ago for that
quote:
Originally posted by -!Felu!-
Edit : I saw 32 insted of one this time (Smilie)

RE: compatibility with MSNP14? by Menthix on 07-13-2006 at 12:17 PM

32 = Yahoo
1 = Normal (.net passport/Live ID)

But I also have a "Name changed: 2". It's from a @microsoft.com address (Microsoft employee). So I guess that indentifies another kind of service.

RE: compatibility with MSNP14? by Salem on 07-13-2006 at 01:26 PM

quote:

Every contact name in the contact list didn't change, only informations in MP!L changed(Contact Info, Event Viewer).

Anyone have same problem like me?

Confirmed.

I was just about to bug report this. I havn't check my event logs, so have only seen tabbed chats & Desktop contacts show nicknames as "1"

~Salem(@)
RE: compatibility with MSNP14? by Mike on 07-13-2006 at 02:17 PM

I have added myself into my contact list, and I also have myself as a desktop contact.

That explains why my desktop contact name is "1"...

RE: compatibility with MSNP14? by ~INVASION~ on 07-13-2006 at 02:31 PM

the microsoft employees stay the same for me now, no changes to their names menthix :undecided:

RE: compatibility with MSNP14? by Dempsey on 07-13-2006 at 03:18 PM

I'm guessing its because in the commands sent in the protocol involving contacts, such as status changes etc, an extra value has been added, the number specifying the contact type, which is where previously was the email address of the contact, hence why it is always showing the 1 or 32

RE: compatibility with MSNP14? by pollolibredegrasa on 07-13-2006 at 04:33 PM

This also breaks scripts using the Messenger.MyName prperty.

code:
function OnEvent_ChatWndReceiveMessage(ChatWnd, Origin, Message,MessageKind)
{
    Debug.trace (Origin);
    Debug.trace (Messenger.MyName);
}
Sending a message with this script running that, i get this:
quote:
Richard
(my WLM name is 'Richard')
This means any script using it like in this example:
code:
if(Origin != Messenger.MyName)
wil be affected.

RE: compatibility with MSNP14? by aNILEator on 07-13-2006 at 05:35 PM

well maybe patchou can get full names (if you choose that setting in messenger) now if he has a poke around?

RE: compatibility with MSNP14? by dbgarza on 07-13-2006 at 06:07 PM

I got the same issue oddly enough it only happens to me when my contact sets his or her status to away or be right back, is then when the name change to 1 for normal msn/wlm contacts and 32 for yahoo contacts like it got described on above posts.

But well this bug is kinda normal that appeared after all Patchou didn't had a way to check how msn plus will work with the yahoo operability since it wasn't available at the time he was working on the first release of the Messenger Plus Live. :P

RE: compatibility with MSNP14? by Patchou on 07-13-2006 at 06:23 PM

will be fixed in 4.01, this weekend :)

RE: compatibility with MSNP14? by Fr@nKy on 07-13-2006 at 07:53 PM

tks patchou. I was about to cancel my MSNP14 Beta :P

RE: compatibility with MSNP14? by dbgarza on 07-13-2006 at 08:42 PM

Thanks Patchou, I can't wait for the version 4.01 to come out :)

RE: compatibility with MSNP14? by Chestah on 07-13-2006 at 10:42 PM

Remember that 4.01 is "mainly" a compatibility fix + the custom emotes panel.

4.10 (or something similiar) will be a major feature update with some new features from the old Plus! or maybe we might even see something completely knew - who knows!

RE: compatibility with MSNP14? by dbgarza on 07-14-2006 at 12:59 AM

Yeah after all this version is a total renew of the old Messenger Plus so the features will appear gradually as new builds are released :)

RE: compatibility with MSNP14? by Dragunov on 07-14-2006 at 06:54 PM

yeah, read this on www.mess.be, also logged in for the new messenger protocol and looking forward to the new Plus!, really love this add-on

RE: compatibility with MSNP14? by V@no on 07-15-2006 at 12:16 AM

Hi!
Also having this problem after activating yahoo network on my account...
My guess its MPL's problem, not WLM itself, am I correct?
if so, then how come this issue does not appier immidiatly after logon, but after about 2-4 hours (in my case)?
Also, as fatfreechicken mentioned, after this issue occur (2-4 hours) some scripts get broken as well, but, before that, they work just fine...so, I guess there is a "trigger" that messes up MPL?

RE: compatibility with MSNP14? by Menthix on 07-15-2006 at 12:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by V@no
My guess its MPL's problem, not WLM itself
Correct, the problem is on MP!L's side, but caused by changes in the Messenger protocol.

quote:
how come this issue does not appier immidiatly after logon, but after about 2-4 hours (in my case)?
Not sure

quote:
after this issue occur (2-4 hours) some scripts get broken as well, but, before that, they work just fine
Yes, some scripts will break as soon as names start to get reported wrong.

There will be a new version this weekend which will fix all these issues.
RE: compatibility with MSNP14? by CookieRevised on 07-16-2006 at 01:19 PM

[TRIVIA]

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
32 = Yahoo
1 = Normal (.net passport/Live ID)

But I also have a "Name changed: 2". It's from a @microsoft.com address (Microsoft employee). So I guess that indentifies another kind of service.
I have seen contacts with: 1, 2, 18, 34, 10, 66...
(eg: you, SunShine, ranicx and some others are indicated with "34", LeeJeffery is "10", dr4g0n is "66", etc...)

So it appears to be a bit field of some sort.

[/TRIVIA]
RE: [FIXED] compatibility with MSNP14? (Symptom: "Name Changed: 1") by V@no on 07-17-2006 at 06:46 AM

Just installed the lattest v4.01.240 and guess what? the names on "desktop contacts" still having this issue, the scripts still getting messedup once this occure!
Guess the only work around at the moment is cancel the yahoo network beta for the account :(

RE: [FIXED] compatibility with MSNP14? (Symptom: "Name Changed: 1") by Menthix on 07-17-2006 at 08:01 AM

quote:
names on "desktop contacts" still having this issue
Anyone else still having this problem too in the latest version? It seemed to work great in the beta, and I haven't seen anyone else post about it either since 4.01 was released. Are you sure 4.01 installed succesful? Check versionnumber in about screen.
RE: [FIXED] compatibility with MSNP14? (Symptom: "Name Changed: 1") by V@no on 07-17-2006 at 12:50 PM

Yes, I'm sure its the new version, because new quick icons menu present.
Also, after upgrade the default emoticons menu got screwed up, only about 10-15 icons were showing, I had to use MP!L menu to access the rest of the icons...

Now I reinstalled MP!L, the emoticons menu fixed, so hopefuly the other issue will be fixed as well...let you know in a few hours :)

RE: [FIXED] compatibility with MSNP14? (Symptom: "Name Changed: 1") by V@no on 07-17-2006 at 10:28 PM

Yes, I confirm, the bug wasnt fixed in v4.01.240 :(
Got back from work and one of my contacts was as "1" in the desktop floating bar. And some of the scripts screwed up too...

RE: [FIXED] compatibility with MSNP14? (Symptom: "Name Changed: 1") by Sypher on 07-18-2006 at 04:48 PM

Looks like it isn't fixed indeed. One of my contacts also has the name "1" now... Dodgy...

RE: [FIXED] compatibility with MSNP14? (Symptom: "Name Changed: 1") by riahc4 on 07-22-2006 at 02:51 PM

I confirm it as well....My name changes to "1" or sometimes also my first and last name that is registered to my Live ID when I send emails

RE: [FIXED] compatibility with MSNP14? (Symptom: "Name Changed: 1") by Dex on 07-27-2006 at 03:57 PM

Does anyone have an idea what is going on here? Its quite annoying having all my contacts displayed as "1"

RE: [FIXED] compatibility with MSNP14? (Symptom: "Name Changed: 1") by dbgarza on 07-29-2006 at 11:11 PM

This is weird, in my side all is working fine, I have the Messenger plus 4.01.240 and my contacts haven't changed name to 1 at all and I have the Yahoo feature active

RE: [FIXED] compatibility with MSNP14? (Symptom: "Name Changed: 1") by NiteMare on 07-29-2006 at 11:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dex
Does anyone have an idea what is going on here? Its quite annoying having all my contacts displayed as "1"
go and upgrade to version 4.01.240

quote:
Originally posted by dbgarza
This is weird, in my side all is working fine, I have the Messenger plus 4.01.240 and my contacts haven't changed name to 1 at all and I have the Yahoo feature active
thats because the bug has been fixed in your version
RE: [FIXED] compatibility with MSNP14? (Symptom: "Name Changed: 1") by dbgarza on 07-29-2006 at 11:28 PM

Yeah but some people here is still having that problem even with the 4.01.240 version, kinda odd if you ask me

Edit: Scratch what I just said above, I got the error too, one of my contacts name changed to "1" some moments ago, though this is the first time that it happens to ever since I installed the version 4.01.240 12 days ago. ^o)

RE: [FIXED] compatibility with MSNP14? (Symptom: "Name Changed: 1") by V@no on 07-30-2006 at 07:30 PM

Just to clarify this.
This "bug" does not affect main window, or chat windows, it affects desktop floating bars (these little bars floating on top other windows with contact names on it) and it affect scripts that use OnEvent_ChatWndReceiveMessage and/or other functions/events.

Also, I'll repeat myself, this issue occur after some time WLM started (in my case its after a few hours), not immediately after start.
I'm not sure, but I think this only occur when a contact changed their status...

P.S. since this bug wasnt fixed, can moderators please remove [FIXED] tag from this topic's headline? ;)

RE: compatibility with MSNP14? (Symptom: "Name Changed: 1") by dbgarza on 07-31-2006 at 07:22 AM

Well Actually I got the error on the chat window, kinda odd but I did it, but after that it didn't happened again ^o)

RE: compatibility with MSNP14? (Symptom: "Name Changed: 1") by Aardvark on 08-02-2006 at 04:18 AM

Woo! The list keeps getting long and longer! I've got the problem too, it happens when someone changes their status, and I found when they changed their status BACK to online, the floating window did not change to show the person was online. If you sign out that kinda 'fixes' the problem, but hardly solves it.

RE: compatibility with MSNP14? (Symptom: "Name Changed: 1") by josh on 08-23-2006 at 10:16 AM

It's me again. This sympton appear again today.

But my software version is:

Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0812.00
Messenger Plus! Live 4.01.0.240

Weird...., anyone have same problem?

RE: compatibility with MSNP14? (Symptom: "Name Changed: 1") by big_matty5 on 08-23-2006 at 12:04 PM

Yep i'm getting the problem again.. Perhaps msn have upgraded the protocol once again??.

RE: compatibility with MSNP14? (Symptom: "Name Changed: 1") by matty on 08-24-2006 at 03:12 PM

Should be resolved in the next release. I spoke with Patchy online about it and he said it should be fixed so.

RE: compatibility with MSNP14? (Symptom: "Name Changed: 1") by Patchou on 08-24-2006 at 04:50 PM

Sorry about that, it's fixed in 4.02 but I've exprienced some extra delays preventing me to release it before September.

RE: compatibility with MSNP14? (Symptom: "Name Changed: 1") by josh on 08-25-2006 at 09:02 AM

roger that