Shoutbox

[REQUEST] block all contact, except contact with a chat windows open - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [REQUEST] block all contact, except contact with a chat windows open (/showthread.php?tid=63181)

[REQUEST] block all contact, except contact with a chat windows open by Geo on 07-13-2006 at 03:39 PM

Hello,

I want block all contact except contact with a chat windows open.
The script can be remender the contact blocked for a reverse action

Thank's

sorry for my english

RE: [REQUEST] block all contact, except contact with a chat windows open by lordy on 07-13-2006 at 09:56 PM

So you want the script to block any contacts that don't have a window open, then unblock them when you open one, and re-block them when you close it?

RE: [REQUEST] block all contact, except contact with a chat windows open by Keikonium on 07-14-2006 at 12:06 AM

The way I see it, is everyone is unblocked. He opend a chat with "blah@hotmail.com" and it blocks everyone else. Then closing that chat unblocks everyone.

Opening another chat does the same thing.

That way he only talks to one person at a time.

Personally, I think a /blockall command, an /unblockall, and a /block <email> command would be good. Applying to everyone except the current chat window >_>. Or /blockclosed (for no current chat) and /blockopen (for all open chats).

Yep :P.

RE: [REQUEST] block all contact, except contact with a chat windows open by AberNStein on 07-14-2006 at 12:16 AM

the way i understood it, is he has any number of chats open, and then types the command, which blocks everyone who he isn't currently chatting with. then, when he's done the important conversations or whatever, he does the command to unblock the people that the script blocked.

RE: RE: [REQUEST] block all contact, except contact with a chat windows open by S4mP410 on 07-14-2006 at 12:25 AM

The Idea is Great

RE: [REQUEST] block all contact, except contact with a chat windows open by Geo on 07-14-2006 at 01:57 PM

AberNStein's answer is the one that I expected from the script. But other solutions, that I had not thought, would be good evolutions in the script.
But at the moment a basic version of the script would be very useful for me.

Thank

RE: [REQUEST] block all contact, except contact with a chat windows open by leachy08 on 07-15-2006 at 01:40 AM

I have done this for you...
It should be on plugins section soon under new functions. If you cant wait give me an email and i will email it you.
The description is....

This script will allow you to selectively blockall your contacts with one command. When you need to speak to someone really important first use the !blockall command. This will block all contacts then just double click the contact you want to speak to and a conversation will appear. This will automatically unblock the contact so you can speak with them. When your done close the window and the contact will be blocked again. To unblock all contacts again just type another simple !unblockall command.

To block all type "!blockall" in a conversation to any of your contacts. You will need to close the window you have open once the command has been processed.
To unblock all contacts again type "!unblockall" in a conversation to any of your contacts. This will undo the above process.

RE: [REQUEST] block all contact, except contact with a chat windows open by cloudhunter on 07-15-2006 at 03:07 AM

Why not attatch it on the forums aswell leachy08? So that other people can benefit from it :)

Cloudy

RE: [REQUEST] block all contact, except contact with a chat windows open by lysp on 07-15-2006 at 08:28 AM

Why not just appear offline.. and chat with whoever you want?

RE: [REQUEST] block all contact, except contact with a chat windows open by leachy08 on 07-15-2006 at 02:58 PM

sorry it was very late last nite well this morning and i was tired.

Here's a direct link...

NightBlade Selective Talker

RE: [REQUEST] block all contact, except contact with a chat windows open by AberNStein on 07-15-2006 at 03:25 PM

by direct link you mean an indirect link
just attach it to the message
you don't need rapidshare.

RE: [REQUEST] block all contact, except contact with a chat windows open by Geo on 07-15-2006 at 08:49 PM

Thank you leachy08. Thus it is not possible to know with which contact we have a conversation. We can just controler the opened or the lock of window of conversation.

RE: [REQUEST] block all contact, except contact with a chat windows open by leachy08 on 07-16-2006 at 09:33 AM

Geo can you repeat that please?

I have attached to message without rapidshare :p

here is the official link in the scripts database...

Official Link

RE: [REQUEST] block all contact, except contact with a chat windows open by Geo on 07-22-2006 at 09:00 PM

I shall wish that when I activate the script via a menu, when it blocks the contacts except those with whom I discuss.

I think that possible with the function Messenger::CurrentChats.