Shoutbox

======== Error Code: 8100030d........ help ========= - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: ======== Error Code: 8100030d........ help ========= (/showthread.php?tid=63251)

======== Error Code: 8100030d........ help ========= by xYingx on 07-14-2006 at 11:09 AM

Been using WLM for awhile, havent encountered any problems only til now. Can't seem to log in and always have this error code whenever i try to. Really at my wit's end.. and need solutions..

Any help will be greatly appreciated.. ^^

RE: ======== Error Code: 8100030d........ help ========= by Felu on 07-14-2006 at 11:13 AM

Make sure u dont use Zone Alarm. Try closing it.

Also if u have opted for Yahoo! Messenger interopability just opt out of the beta.

RE: ======== Error Code: 8100030d........ help ========= by xYingx on 07-14-2006 at 11:38 AM

hey thanks ^^ i tried all the steps given in the relevant posts and also did a check on my zone alarm, finally managed to sign in :D

RE: RE: ======== Error Code: 8100030d........ help ========= by CanadianOriginal on 07-14-2006 at 01:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -!Felu!-
Make sure u dont use Zone Alarm. Try closing it.

Also if u have opted for Yahoo! Messenger interopability just opt out of the beta.

Dumb question... how does one opt out of the beta?
RE: ======== Error Code: 8100030d........ help ========= by Jimcando on 07-14-2006 at 01:13 PM

Go to ideas.live.com and if you're not already, sign in. There should be a link at the top saying what betas you are in, click on Windows Live Messenger, then on the right is another link that says 'Leave this beta'. Click that.

Or This link might work :P

RE: ======== Error Code: 8100030d........ help ========= by Astynax on 07-14-2006 at 10:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by xYingx
hey thanks ^^ i tried all the steps given in the relevant posts and also did a check on my zone alarm, finally managed to sign in :D

lucky you... it still won't work for me
RE: ======== Error Code: 8100030d........ help ========= by Chris4 on 07-14-2006 at 10:50 PM

yourmama_20, all the solutions either seem to be to closing/removing Zone Alarm, or opting out of Yahoo! connectivity and WLM beta.

Do you have Zone Alarm, or are you enrolled in this beta?

RE: ======== Error Code: 8100030d........ help ========= by CanadianOriginal on 07-14-2006 at 11:01 PM

Me either. I'm on my 3rd email with MS. Hopefully they'll eventually tell me something I haven't tried already ^o)

RE: ======== Error Code: 8100030d........ help ========= by xYingx on 07-15-2006 at 01:25 AM

have you guys tried re-registering the .dll files? i tried those too, though i'm not sure if it's the solution >.<

worth a try though ^^

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=20295 << here's the link to the steps i tried :D

RE: ======== Error Code: 8100030d........ help ========= by savoglak on 07-23-2006 at 07:39 AM

U dont need to disable zone alarm...its the beat that stuffs up ur wlm.

RE: ======== Error Code: 8100030d........ help ========= by Thunder on 07-24-2006 at 06:43 PM

Thanks! Jimcando it really worked with my messenger and nothing to do with zone alarm though I am using it and both working fine, no conflict at all. I can't see the display picture of my contact in the IM window? Why? The option is on but still no display pic seen? Any suggestions.

Thunder!

RE: ======== Error Code: 8100030d........ help ========= by Menthix on 07-24-2006 at 08:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by a MS employee on usenet
Actually it was caused by something entirely different this weekend...

The problem was repaired and everyone should be able to login normally.

-Ken

RE: ======== Error Code: 8100030d........ help ========= by nataliarj on 09-12-2006 at 05:50 PM

I got the same error message when I tried to sign into wlm and just refreshing the internet connection solved my problem.

RE: ======== Error Code: 8100030d........ help ========= by kallay on 09-25-2006 at 09:18 PM

hi guys,

could someone help me to solve my issue?
I intalled the new Windows Live messanger discovery, and after the installation my messenger live didn't work anymore.
I uninstalled the older one. Tried to log in again. Then I got this message again. After it I tried to log in without using the Zone Alarm.
After it, I click on start, run, and type this message: regsvr32 softpub.dll

Didn't work either..now I don't know what to do..

could someone pls. help me?

thx a lot,
Anna

RE: ======== Error Code: 8100030d........ help ========= by chrisb998 on 10-16-2006 at 08:53 PM

I have just encountered this error code apparently for no reason. it also showed errorcode 81000323
Windows Live Messenger was working fine earlier today on this computer and also on another computer at work

I do not have  msn messenger on this computer and I was not running windows messenger at the time
I do not use any firewall except the standard windows XP firewall
I am not behind a proxy server on a windows server
Windows messenger is not set to sign in automatically
Live messenger so not set to log in automatically
No other programs are set to open windows messenger or Windows live messenger

After I saw this errorcode I ran windows messenger and logged in correctly
I then signed out of windows messenger and tried to sign in on Live Messenger but still got the same error codes

I have also had another error very often on live messenger when it is running, where the hotmail email page does not open correctly when I try to read my emails. Instead the window attempts to open but disappears. All further attempts to open the email page fail but I can open it still directly through IE Explorer even after this has happened
The only way do deal with ths is to shut down and restart windows, after which live messenger runs properly.... till the next time. While you are shutting down windows you get a message that windows is having to close IExplorer even though it is not apparently running anywhere, even in the task window.

Live Messenger seems very buggy still. Is this fact or illusion?

Chris

RE: ======== Error Code: 8100030d........ help ========= by ljgard on 10-25-2006 at 12:09 AM

hey everyone, i am getting the same error code (8100030d) but I am not using ZoneAlarm, nor am i using any beta's. i am using windows live messenger 8.0. my firewall is norton internet security, and that has been configured to allow messenger to use the internet.

the weird thing is, it wasnt working for most of the weekend, then it was working on monday but has since stopped working. any ideas?

RE: ======== Error Code: 8100030d........ help ========= by chrisb998 on 10-25-2006 at 06:45 AM

Live messenger is such shit !!!

in the end I found that whatever I did, it was impossible to access one of my email addresses through live messenger ( but I could still access other addresses) when it was still possible to access that address from other computers using msn messenger 7.5.

The only thing I have not tried is accessing this address on another computer running windows live messenger cos I don't know anybody stupid enough to use it!!!

I deleted windows live messenger and have replaced it with msn messenger 7.5 and I can access the email address normally

What are Microsoft up to? I bet it is a dead simple problem!!!!

RE: ======== Error Code: 8100030d........ help ========= by bwsusa on 02-12-2007 at 03:49 PM

With my version of Zone alarm i went in and made sure that messenger live was allowed trusted access AKA

Trust level: trusted (2 bars)
Access: both trusted and internet checked for allow

and it finally let me login to mess live. you should be able to do something similar with any firewall you have.

hope it works for you

RE: ======== Error Code: 8100030d........ help ========= by the.commander on 10-10-2007 at 10:55 PM

hi all ..(Y) fix for msn error code 8100030d..follow step

(1)open my computer then open c/drive.

(2)on the top tool bar click tools then folder options. when folder options open
click on view.

(3)go to advanced settings then click on show hidden files & folders.then go to bottom and
hit apply.

(4)now open the Documents and Settings folder.then open the folder called Administr
or it mite be your pc user name. witch ever 1 it is ,open it lol

(5)now look for a folder called Local Settings.click on it & open. now open the folder
called Application Data.

(6)now look for Microsoft folder and open it..in that folder look for folders named
--->>>Messenger---->>> & Windows Live Contacts. delete thos to folder.

(7)now go back up to the top tool bar click tools then folder options.
when folder options open click on view.go to advanced settings then click do not show hidden files & folders.
then go to bottom and hit apply..now close eveyting down and start your msn..

(8)now your msn should start up 100%.....hope that help ya all ..peace out the.commander:D

RE: ======== Error Code: 8100030d........ help ========= by Akillis on 10-31-2007 at 04:56 PM

I don't even have firewall system in my computer and still cannot connect to MSN in school...

I can connect at home but when I bring my laptop to school and use the wireless/cable I cannot connect to MSN...

My roommates can connect their MSN by wireless/cable but I cannot... This started like 2 weeks ago and pisses me off so much.

RE: ======== Error Code: 8100030d........ help ========= by rkvons on 11-28-2007 at 12:02 AM

I was getting this error. I went into my Internet Explorer Tools --> Internet Options... --> clicked on the connections tab, then LAN Settings and noticed that the only boxed that was checked was "Use Automatic Configuration Script". I checked both "Use a proxy server for your LAN..." and "Bypass proxy server for local addresses" and it worked after that. You may have to populate some of the fields that light up, but if you can get out with IE, you should be able to get out with IM. Hope this helps.

RE: ======== Error Code: 8100030d........ help ========= by finjo8 on 11-29-2007 at 06:23 PM

I've started getting this problem today, and I'm 99% sure its solely to do with Zone Alarm (in my case anyway), as I downloaded an update for it this morning and it was working fine before then.

I've tried everything I've seen that's been suggested but none of it seems to have helped... :( any ideas?

RE: ======== Error Code: 8100030d........ help ========= by diamond on 01-20-2009 at 10:15 AM

I have had the same problems but fixed my system by the following.
go to AVG anti virus click on (Web Shield) the next page will show 2 taggs Web and (Instant Messaging) un.tick the instant messaging protection box and reboot.
mine now works fine.

RE: ======== Error Code: 8100030d........ help ========= by Gwynebeanz on 02-09-2009 at 01:47 AM

Heya, i've been looking around almost every forum that exists on the 8100030d anomaly

here's a chronological description of my problems and the attempted solutions, some partially successful until something unknown to me changes again.

my system is a basic Vista Home Premium, and is the only OS i've encountered this problem with.

Problem: Windows is unable to contact server. Please try again later. 8100030d  (unlimited retries makes no difference)
Only happens on account i've had for years, doesn't happen on a fresh account i've used, doesn't happen on web based clients or computers i don't reguraly use.
Note: My most used account on 2 most used systems has this error, both systems being Vista (led me to think cache files were buggered after Windows Live Update)

I don't have a firewall, ports are externally controlled through a proxy, they DO allow MSN and general internet ports, there are bypasses. (XBL and certain ports like that also work as it is Uni residence network) (basically i can connect to the internet with no problems so it's unlikely to be a connection problem)

So, AVG fixes, Norton fixes or any other anti-virus or firewall fixes have no effect on my system and the problem remains the same.

After a good search around sometime late last year (2008) i found the windows website telling me to delete the cache files in \appdata and \contacts, basically where it tells you to delete whatever has your email address on it.

Reboot.

PARTIAL SUCCESS: First attempt at signing in is successful, few more attempts afterwards on my personal system were successful. Then problem returns. Solution FAILURE.

Re-install and reboot. No success

Next potential solution was to scour through registries HKEY_CURRENT_USER kind of stuff. Delete appropriate MSN Messenger registries
NO success.

Next solution checked was RegScan...this attempt didn't last long as they are a scam and it was a waste of my time, this point is relevant so no one makes that mistake.

Uninstall RegScan, check registries, re-install WLM and reboot. No success.

Then I left it for a while and relied on a web messenger, until I discovered the latest version from the windows website, Version 2009!

Quickly update and reboot.

PARTIAL SUCCESS: I sign in, and i stay signed in, it all looked quite nice too and updated, no problems no forceful signing out (never encountered that either). In fear of never signing in again, I never signed out, for good reason. A computer situation forces me to close WLM, i reopen and attempt to sign in. No success.

Re-install, delete cache and reboot. No success.

Delete cache again and attempt. No success.

Cache is back again, that method no longer makes an impact.

(By the way this whole time another e-mail address still works and signs in, no problems there, even when i delete all email caches)

I discover WindowsDiscovery Messenger and observed something interesting. I sign in, still fails with the same error message, but WDM acts for a split second like I connected, before it comes up with an error message.

Troubleshoot and attempt repair, Key Ports comes under caution. (This happens more recently, after the first delete cache stage, I disregarded it as I can still sign in with other emails, it may not be so irrelevant, but logically you'd think it is.)

And after another re-install, reboot, cache clear, firewall check (that it's off), internet explorer check (that it actually connects and has no security restriction), sign in attempt and frustrating troubleshoot after another 8100030d error message....

I'm here, describing my very long essay type attempt at using discovered solutions from the internet. I've described it for the benefit of anyone looking for a universal fix or working on a universal fix to everyones problem, but unfortunatly the ones so far don't work.

If there's anything else you need to know I'll answer to the best of my ability.

Other notes:

*I don't use Yahoo!
*Like I said, I DO NOT have any computer security.
*I've tried using 7.5, unfortunatly it makes me update to sign in
*I don't intend to revert back to XP, the aim is to find a fix for Vista (I know that with a little work it would work on XP though)
*I only have one connection, which is wired LAN, into a residence network, that for most people (who's msn works fine btw) use automatic proxy settings. I do too, except for some specific programs that need manual settings. (LastFM for example)
*Every program that requires the internet or has any link with WLM was closed during a failed attempt.
*Final Note: Deleting cache files was attempted and proven to be unsuccessful before I updated and after the first time I tried it. Which was the first partial success.

Thanks,
Carl G

RE: RE: ======== Error Code: 8100030d........ help ========= by Oo_ben_oO on 04-23-2009 at 01:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Gwynebeanz
Heya, i've been looking around almost every forum that exists on the 8100030d anomaly

here's a chronological description of my problems and the attempted solutions, some partially successful until something unknown to me changes again.

my system is a basic Vista Home Premium, and is the only OS i've encountered this problem with.

Problem: Windows is unable to contact server. Please try again later. 8100030d  (unlimited retries makes no difference)
Only happens on account i've had for years, doesn't happen on a fresh account i've used, doesn't happen on web based clients or computers i don't reguraly use.
Note: My most used account on 2 most used systems has this error, both systems being Vista (led me to think cache files were buggered after Windows Live Update)

I don't have a firewall, ports are externally controlled through a proxy, they DO allow MSN and general internet ports, there are bypasses. (XBL and certain ports like that also work as it is Uni residence network) (basically i can connect to the internet with no problems so it's unlikely to be a connection problem)

So, AVG fixes, Norton fixes or any other anti-virus or firewall fixes have no effect on my system and the problem remains the same.

After a good search around sometime late last year (2008) i found the windows website telling me to delete the cache files in \appdata and \contacts, basically where it tells you to delete whatever has your email address on it.

Reboot.

PARTIAL SUCCESS: First attempt at signing in is successful, few more attempts afterwards on my personal system were successful. Then problem returns. Solution FAILURE.

Next potential solution was to scour through registries HKEY_CURRENT_USER kind of stuff. Delete appropriate MSN Messenger registries
NO success.

Next solution checked was RegScan...this attempt didn't last long as they are a scam and it was a waste of my time, this point is relevant so no one makes that mistake.

Uninstall RegScan, check registries, re-install WLM and reboot. No success.

Then I left it for a while and relied on a web messenger, until I discovered the latest version from the windows website, Version 2009!

Quickly update and reboot.

PARTIAL SUCCESS: I sign in, and i stay signed in, it all looked quite nice too and updated, no problems no forceful signing out (never encountered that either). In fear of never signing in again, I never signed out, for good reason. A computer situation forces me to close WLM, i reopen and attempt to sign in. No success.

Re-install, delete cache and reboot. No success.

Delete cache again and attempt. No success.

Cache is back again, that method no longer makes an impact.

(By the way this whole time another e-mail address still works and signs in, no problems there, even when i delete all email caches)

I discover WindowsDiscovery Messenger and observed something interesting. I sign in, still fails with the same error message, but WDM acts for a split second like I connected, before it comes up with an error message.

Troubleshoot and attempt repair, Key Ports comes under caution. (This happens more recently, after the first delete cache stage, I disregarded it as I can still sign in with other emails, it may not be so irrelevant, but logically you'd think it is.)

And after another re-install, reboot, cache clear, firewall check (that it's off), internet explorer check (that it actually connects and has no security restriction), sign in attempt and frustrating troubleshoot after another 8100030d error message....

I'm here, describing my very long essay type attempt at using discovered solutions from the internet. I've described it for the benefit of anyone looking for a universal fix or working on a universal fix to everyones problem, but unfortunatly the ones so far don't work.

If there's anything else you need to know I'll answer to the best of my ability.

Other notes:

*I don't use Yahoo!
*Like I said, I DO NOT have any computer security.
*I've tried using 7.5, unfortunatly it makes me update to sign in
*I don't intend to revert back to XP, the aim is to find a fix for Vista (I know that with a little work it would work on XP though)
*I only have one connection, which is wired LAN, into a residence network, that for most people (who's msn works fine btw) use automatic proxy settings. I do too, except for some specific programs that need manual settings. (LastFM for example)
*Every program that requires the internet or has any link with WLM was closed during a failed attempt.
*Final Note: Deleting cache files was attempted and proven to be unsuccessful before I updated and after the first time I tried it. Which was the first partial success.

Thanks,
Carl G

I have the same issue as you i downloaded the new live messenger 2009 and was able to sing in a couple of times then one day that was it it would not sign me in and i get that 8100030d error i tried this steps to and didnt have no joy as soon as i went back to wlm 8.5 it was working for some reason. Now also i had issues with slow internet and major problems connecting to my mail box . So some how i accidently deleted windows family safety thing thats with windows live messenger and my internet was working ace and was able to go to my email box. But how ever i have not tried installing the new windows live messenger 2009 yet without family safety thing and check if that works. I dont know if you got family safety thing but try unistalling that off pc then install 2009 again and tell me if it works and ill download wlm 2009 for the 9th time lol. Thanks man hope it works please let me know or if any other thing to do to make it work. Cheers