Shoutbox

[REQUEST]Open file with? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [REQUEST]Open file with? (/showthread.php?tid=63257)

[REQUEST]Open file with? by Xemu on 07-14-2006 at 02:26 PM

ANnoying! when u recive a MP3, file or whatever, u can only open the file, cant u add something that opens the DIR or something, every mp3 u recive destorys my playlist :) PLixx gib!!!!!

www.restavfall.se

RE: [REQUEST]Open file with? by Keikonium on 07-14-2006 at 02:54 PM

This is actually a pretty good idea. I wonder if it's possible :). I have had to click the my received button (added with mess patch) and drag and drop the file(s) into my foobar.

I second this request :)

RE: [REQUEST]Open file with? by Xemu on 07-14-2006 at 02:57 PM

like this:

"you have recived a file filename.exe (open) (open folder)"

RE: [REQUEST]Open file with? by si3rra on 07-14-2006 at 03:04 PM

great idea.. :D anyone with script knowledge?

RE: [REQUEST]Open file with? by CookieRevised on 07-14-2006 at 04:07 PM

1) This can not be done with scripts. Scripts aren't the magic "everything is possible" tool. Scripts are meant to build upon functions and add your own functions with stuff which is already there. Script are program codes which run in the background, they aren't patching tools. The only visible thing you can 'add' are the submenu's in the special scripts submenu in the Plus! icon menus and standalone windows. Scripts are not meant to change the interface of Messenger.

2) To navigate to your recieved files folder, simply go to the menu: File > Open recieved files. This works in the main contact list as well as in a conversation.

3) You can even also use the Plus! command /recieved to open the recieved folders.

RE: [REQUEST]Open file with? by Keikonium on 07-14-2006 at 04:30 PM

That sucks that it can't be done. But you meantioned that there is a plus! command, and that would be typing /received. I think the button/menu link would be faster than the command anyway :P.