Shoutbox

[Release] KeyFlasher - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Release] KeyFlasher (/showthread.php?tid=63303)

[Release] KeyFlasher by DarkRaider on 07-15-2006 at 09:51 AM

KeyFlasher

Features:

* MsgPlus! Live Menu where you can open the configuration window and enable/disable the script.
* Config window where you can:
   - Choose which LEDs have to flash or if the computer has to play a beep (n/a on some laptops) when you receive a message
   - Flash or don't flash when your Messenger is locked
   - Activate the script on startup or not.

Installation:

- Open the script file and accept the warning.
- Click on the MsgPlus! Live icon on your contactlist or in your chat window and choose "Configure..." in the KeyFlasher menu.
- Configure and have fun !

Changelog
v1.3
Added:
- Option "when status is: idle" again
- Language Italian
- Update Id & Build number for automatic updates

Fixed:
- Reading & writing of config files. This should resolve the problems that occur when updating to a newer version.

v1.2
added :
- Removed options "when status is : BRB, Idle, Out for lunch, On the phone"
- Added languages : French, Dutch, German

v1.1
added :
- Select in which status(es) it has to flash / beep
- Set the speed of flashing / beeping
- Set amount of flashes / beeps

fixed:
- You now don't have to delete your old config file anymore.. so you can now just replace the old script

Translations:
If you have a new or an improved translation for this script, please PM me.

Recommendation:

Only let your scroll lock LED flash(or make your computer beep), because flashing caps and/or numlock can be very annoying when you are typing texts ;)

Download here
Download (mirror 1)

Thread with a lot of questions (and maybe some solutions) :
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=61770

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by andrey on 07-15-2006 at 09:59 AM

very nice, but is it possible to play the beep or flash the led only when the chat window isn't focused and a message is sent ?

RE: RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by DarkRaider on 07-15-2006 at 10:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by andrey
very nice, but is it possible to play the beep or flash the led only when the chat window isn't focused and a message is sent ?

Well, when it's focused (and you see your cursor blinking), it shouldn't be flashing *-)
But when some one else sends a message, it keeps blinking until you focus the chatwindow where the last message has been received..
RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by andrey on 07-15-2006 at 10:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DarkRaider
Well, when it's focused (and you see your cursor blinking), it shouldn't be flashing
well it starts flashing beeping when someone replies, also when the window is focused and the cursor is blinking, but as soon as i type something, it stops flashing beeping

Edit: This only happens when I have flashing disabled and beep enabled. As soon as i enable one of the flash led settings + beep it works.

sorry for that, the flashing works fine, its the beeping that goes wrong
RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by Jellings on 07-16-2006 at 04:53 PM

When i click the option to make my Box beep (system beep or whatever it's called) it beeps - but then will not stop beeping.

When the lights flash they only flash for about half a second - maybe there could be a delay, or make them flash 5 times in a row or something?

Also after the lights have flashed they are all set to off afterwards, would it be possible to set them to restore to however they were before?

If the system-beep only beeped once or twice this would be very usefull to me.

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by 4penguino on 07-16-2006 at 05:20 PM

i got it i cant c the led flashing on the num and caps and scroll but i can hear the beeps i got a laptop by the way...but wat a gr8t script

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by John Anderton on 07-16-2006 at 05:31 PM

quote:
- If the script already exists (previous version), first remove the old one in your MsgPlus! Live preferences window.
It will just auto replace the files so the update should work perfectly now shouldnt it?
RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by ins4ne on 07-16-2006 at 06:10 PM

i have it installed :D i love it... nice and usefull script if the speakers are turned off and you dont pay attention @ your WLM task... (Y)

RE: RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by DarkRaider on 07-16-2006 at 07:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
quote:
- If the script already exists (previous version), first remove the old one in your MsgPlus! Live preferences window.
It will just auto replace the files so the update should work perfectly now shouldnt it?

Not really.. the configuration is being saved to a file that needs to be deleted when i add options in future versions.. when the script tries to read an old file, this will give errors..
You can also delete the folder manually, but just deleting the script and installing the new version is easier ;)

quote:
Originally posted by Jellings
1. When i click the option to make my Box beep (system beep or whatever it's called) it beeps - but then will not stop beeping.
2. When the lights flash they only flash for about half a second - maybe there could be a delay, or make them flash 5 times in a row or something?
3. Also after the lights have flashed they are all set to off afterwards, would it be possible to set them to restore to however they were before?
4.If the system-beep only beeped once or twice this would be very usefull to me.

1. For the moment, i'm not able to test the beep, but this is the first time I hear there is a problem with the system beep.. it might be hardware related i don't know..
2. I'm thinking about making an option to let the user set the flashingspeed him/herself..
3. This isn't possible as far as i know..
(have no idea how to check if a LED is on or off)
4. In a future version I think I can make this possible too.. I'll do my best ;)
RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by John Anderton on 07-17-2006 at 09:05 AM

quote:
Not really.. the configuration is being saved to a file that needs to be deleted when i add options in future versions.. when the script tries to read an old file, this will give errors..
You can also delete the folder manually, but just deleting the script and installing the new version is easier ;)
You could make your script delete those files for you, you know :)
RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by piercam03 on 07-17-2006 at 06:01 PM

it works fine for me, even the beeping

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by kidwizz on 07-20-2006 at 07:58 AM

cool. but my keyboard has a F lock ket+LED and i was wondering if you could somehow get that to flash because i dont have a scroll lock button or LED

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by DarkRaider on 07-20-2006 at 09:20 AM

hmm, I can't find the keycode for that button.. *-)
but I've made a small program which tells you the keycode for that button..
If you just execute it, press the F-lock button and send me the keycode, then I can try to make it flash..
cause I don't have a keyboard with that button..

and if somebody could do the same for the FN button on logitech keyboards, then I can fix that too :)

download keycode program here (.NET Framework 2.0 required.. download here)

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by Pure_BY on 07-22-2006 at 03:03 PM

GREAT SCRIPT! DarkRider, thanks a lot :) This is very nice

But I have 2 small requests for you, sure they are not hard to make :)
1: Like already requested by Jellings, it would be nice if beep not continued non-stop until you focus the chatwindow, but beeped once or twice and stopped by itself not waiting for your action
2: For status selection, I would like to have not a dropdown list but a list of statuses with a checkbox. I would like to activate script when my status is either Busy or Idle. At the moment I can choose only 1 status.

I am looking forward to the new version, thanks for the great script anyways, and thanks in advance if you implement these features in the next release :)

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by NiteMare on 07-22-2006 at 04:47 PM

doesn't work at all for me

maybe because i don't have keyboard LED's, could you make my keyboard beep?

also my computer doesn't beep?

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by cloudhunter on 07-22-2006 at 05:04 PM

Well I don't think that keyboards have speakers ;) If your computer doesn't beep when you turn it on, then it's likely that the speaker inside your PC isn't connected... And there is no script available that can fix that ;) Maybe there should be an option to play a MP3, WAV file etc. Through the computers normal speakers?

Cloudy

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by NiteMare on 07-22-2006 at 05:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cloudhunter
Well I don't think that keyboards have speakers ;)

mine does, it beeps for caps lock and when i turn on its built in calculator, and when i get toasts(i turned that off, too meny beeps:P) and when i get new e-mails
RE: RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by RichGuk on 07-23-2006 at 08:21 AM

quote:
hmm, I can't find the keycode for that button.. *-)
but I've made a small program which tells you the keycode for that button..
If you just execute it, press the F-lock button and send me the keycode, then I can try to make it flash..

and if somebody could do the same for the FN button on logitech keyboards, then I can fix that too :)

download keycode program here

I agree, I'd like just a couple of flashes, let me know I have a message (say if I'm watching a video) but not keep flashing as to annoy me.

Thanks,

Rich
RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by BlackStar on 07-23-2006 at 10:53 AM

Watch out when using a Keyflasher when using, in my case:
A Laptop with external keyboard like Microsoft Office Keyboard (USB).
After a while the computer will hang, everytime.

Sometimes you can start the keyboard after removing (and perhaps inserting it again) the USB cable for the Keyboard, but sometimes you have to brutally remove the the battery and the electric cable to be able to restart the computer.

If you have large harddisks (More than 80 Gb) filled with data a restart with the follwing Scandisk will take about an hour!

This is not just happening for "KeyFlasher". This happens with all programs that I have tested using a similar Flasher for the keyboard.

RE: RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by kidwizz on 07-24-2006 at 07:40 AM

quote:

the program failed. it dosent change. it must be a special key, i think its also like the quick keys.

quote:
Originally posted by Jellings
When i click the option to make my Box beep (system beep or whatever it's called) it beeps - but then will not stop beeping.quote]
my pc did the same thing it wouldnt shut up i even uninstalled the script and t didnt stop it so i re-installed it and waited for someone to msg me and then it stoped.

RE: RE: RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by DarkRaider on 07-24-2006 at 09:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by kidwizz
the program failed. it dosent change. it must be a special key, i think its also like the quick keys.

it doesn't give a code with me either (I've got an fn key but no LED with it), but when i use it in combination with another key, it does.. I don't know if you have to activate it with another key??

for those who want to set the amount of flashing/beeping.. that's finished..
and the part where you have to uninstall the previous version is fixed too ;)
so now, i'm going to convert the combobox into a set of checkboxes :)
RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by GibsonDude on 07-24-2006 at 09:44 AM

i may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the F-Lock key is an internal bi-stable switch, which diables the F-Keys and replaces them with new keys... No actual code gets sent to the controller when the key is pressed...

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by kidwizz on 07-25-2006 at 05:12 AM

quote:
I don't know if you have to activate it with another key??

nope it just lights up on the f-lock press. i'm googling info on it now. but it all uses, scan codes
RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by Pure_BY on 07-25-2006 at 06:28 PM

quote:
for those who want to set the amount of flashing/beeping.. that's finished..
and the part where you have to uninstall the previous version is fixed too ;)
so now, i'm going to convert the combobox into a set of checkboxes :)
Great! I'm lookin' forward to it! Thanks :)
RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by DarkRaider on 07-27-2006 at 08:48 PM

Sent v1.1 to the scripts database.. I'll post here when it's online there.. ;)
or just keep an eye on the database site :)

ok, v1.1 has been released ;)

Download here
RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by HalfDead on 07-30-2006 at 08:17 AM

I have had this same problem with v1 and v1.1: When I click OK in the config box, nothing happens. This means that I can't turn any options on since all the changes get lost when I click the X in the top corner.

When I go through the debugging process I get this when I open the config dialog:

code:
Error: Automation server can't create object.
       Line: 375. Code: -2146827859.
Function OnEvent_MenuClicked returned an error. Code: -2147352567
And this when I click OK:
code:
Error: 'null' is null or not an object.
       Line: 526. Code: -2146823281.
Function OnConfigWindowEvent_CtrlClicked returned an error. Code: -2147352567

Any ideas?
RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by DarkRaider on 07-30-2006 at 09:24 AM

ehm, i think you have to install the latest version of ActiveX
because it gives an error when creating the configfile and when you click ok, there isn't a config file to save it to..

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by Keefje on 07-30-2006 at 11:29 AM

quote:
Changelog
v1.1
added :
- Select in which status(es) it has to flash / beep
- Set the speed of flashing / beeping
- Set amount of flashes / beeps

It stilll flashes forever, instead of the 'flash <insert number> times' set number.
Can you make it that if you set it to flash 5 times, it goes on and off 5 times. And then stops?
Because when i'm gaming it messes with my typing (scroll-lock) @ will become 2 etc... kind of annoying.
RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by pinkeltje on 07-30-2006 at 12:40 PM

mine flashes dont work also the beep doesnt work?? can somebody help me to edit mine key_flasher

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by DarkRaider on 07-30-2006 at 06:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Keefje

It stilll flashes forever, instead of the 'flash <insert number> times' set number.
Can you make it that if you set it to flash 5 times, it goes on and off 5 times. And then stops?
Because when i'm gaming it messes with my typing (scroll-lock) @ will become 2 etc... kind of annoying.

It should work like that.. Here, it works like that *-)

Does the script give any error messages in the debug window?
RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by Pure_BY on 07-30-2006 at 11:02 PM

Thanks! Nice update :) Like it!

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by DarkRaider on 07-30-2006 at 11:29 PM

hmm, i noticed a bug in the flash ... times feature. I've sent the debugged version to the database. it'll be online soon :)

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by Keefje on 07-30-2006 at 11:49 PM

Didn't give any error.
Thank you for uploading the new one :>

p.s. great script

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by Menthix on 07-30-2006 at 11:53 PM

New version uploaded: http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/browse/index.php?act=view&id=78 (versionnumber unchanged).

RE: RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by HalfDead on 07-31-2006 at 11:34 AM

quote:
ehm, i think you have to install the latest version of ActiveX
because it gives an error when creating the configfile and when you click ok, there isn't a config file to save it to..

I have Internet Explorer 7 Beta 3, so I assume that would come with the latest version of ActiveX. Unless there is somewhere I need to go to get it...
RE: RE: RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by DarkRaider on 07-31-2006 at 08:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by HalfDead
I have Internet Explorer 7 Beta 3, so I assume that would come with the latest version of ActiveX. Unless there is somewhere I need to go to get it...

hmm, try playing a game on WLM.. you need activeX for that.. and if that doesn't help, try installing the .NET Framework
RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by andrey on 07-31-2006 at 10:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by andrey
quote:
Well, when it's focused (and you see your cursor blinking), it shouldn't be flashing
well it starts beeping when someone replies, also when the window is focused and the cursor is blinking, but as soon as i type something, it stops beeping

Edit: This only happens when I have flashing disabled and beep enabled. As soon as i enable one of the flash led settings + beep it works.

sorry for that, the flashing works fine, its the beeping that goes wrong

still not fixed :-/

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by DarkRaider on 07-31-2006 at 11:46 PM

Found the problem.. and fixed it
will be fixed in next version..
but do you mind using the beep in combination with scroll-lock and wait until next version?
or do you really want this fix now? :D

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by Kaspers on 08-03-2006 at 08:17 PM

How can I access the config screen..
when I double click on the script, a window with the code appears in WLM...

Mm got it!
Big pity that you have to enable the msgplus icon in WLM main screen..
RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by Keefje on 08-03-2006 at 08:21 PM

You can do it in the convo too.
Also at the msgplus icon.

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by Dave on 08-15-2006 at 07:30 PM

I have a few questions about this script:

1. In the config panel, do I need to select every status if I want the LEDs to flash whatever status i'm in, or just leave the whole section blank?

2.  Does ms mean milliseconds in the flash speed section?

3.  If I do not do anything in the bottom checkbox, does it flash at all?

4.  Do the lights flash even if the convo window is open

Alternatively, is there a user guide or help file anywhere?

Thanks

RE: RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by DarkRaider on 08-15-2006 at 07:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
I have a few questions about this script:
1. In the config panel, do I need to select every status if I want the LEDs to flash whatever status i'm in, or just leave the whole section blank?
2.  Does ms mean milliseconds in the flash speed section?
3.  If I do not do anything in the bottom checkbox, does it flash at all?
4.  Do the lights flash even if the convo window is open
Alternatively, is there a user guide or help file anywhere?
Thanks

1. yes, you have to select all status checkboxes then
2. yep, ms means milliseconds
3. yes, it will flash, it just won't stop untill you focus your conversation window
4. if it's open but not focused, then it will flash, otherwise it doesn't

btw: just try those things.. then you'll see what happens :p

it's not a really big script, so i don't think a help file or userguide is necessary
RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by Dave on 08-15-2006 at 09:28 PM

quote:
4. if it's open but not focused, then it will flash, otherwise it doesn't

so if i'm watching a full screen dvd or something and someone comes online and starts talking to me, then the lights wont flash?
RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by cloudhunter on 08-15-2006 at 09:31 PM

Well if you are watching a DVD, then the chances are that the messenger window wont be focused... If someone comes online and talks to you, it opens a unfocused window anyway, so it SHOULD flash... Test it if you are unsure :P Sometimes you have to find things out for yourself...

Cloudy

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by DarkRaider on 08-15-2006 at 09:31 PM

have you tried watching a fullscreen dvd with your flasher on??
it should flash.. whether your conversation window is open or not ;)

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by BunnY_ on 08-15-2006 at 11:41 PM

It works.. i have been playing, watching movies etc.. it flashes as soon as i get a message...

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by xgOd on 08-26-2006 at 05:05 PM

For example, if Caps Lock is On and Flash CapsLock LED too, when I focus the window the Caps Lock will stay Off, instead of On, could you fix that?

Also, I don't know if this has to do with the tabs, but sometimes the WLM doesn't play a sound when I receive a message, could you add a button to always play a sound?

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by Jarrod on 09-04-2006 at 07:34 AM

i love the idea for this script and have read the forum and installed the script but when i go to configure it it won't let me press ok so it hasn't worked could some1 plz explain that?

RE: RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by DarkRaider on 09-05-2006 at 08:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by xgOd
For example, if Caps Lock is On and Flash CapsLock LED too, when I focus the window the Caps Lock will stay Off, instead of On, could you fix that?

Also, I don't know if this has to do with the tabs, but sometimes the WLM doesn't play a sound when I receive a message, could you add a button to always play a sound?

The first thing might be fixable so i'll see what i can do :)

and for the second question.. i'm not going to do that, cause you can configure that in msgplus itself, or even write a small script yourself to do that ;)
this script is just meant to flash your leds.. and make your computer beep, but that'll be it.. so no extra sounds.. ;)

@xen0h:
if it's the first time you installed the script and it doesn't work, then i think you need to install ActiveX or a newer version of it.. (when you try to play a game in MSN, you need that too, so when you do that, it'll popup a message to download ActiveX if you don't have it ;) )
RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by Jarrod on 09-05-2006 at 08:56 AM

can i download activex without starting a msn game?

RE: RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by DarkRaider on 09-05-2006 at 09:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by xen0h
can i download activex without starting a msn game?

yep, but i don't know where you could get it..
it's needed for some websites too.. but whichones.. dunno
maybe google can help you ;)
RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by Jarrod on 09-20-2006 at 08:17 AM

i got this error code wats up?

Line: 378. Code: -2146827859.
Function OnEvent_SigninReady returned an error. Code: -2147352567

i also got this 1      Line: 529. Code: -2146823281.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=C717D943-7E4B-4622-86EB-95A22B832CAA

here's the scripting engin u need to get the script to work

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by DarkRaider on 09-20-2006 at 09:57 AM

Thank you for finding that (Y)
It'll help a lot of people that want to use my script.. and other scripts too ;)

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by Jarrod on 09-20-2006 at 11:04 AM

HELP ME WITH THIS ERROR

quote:

Line: 529. Code: -2146823281.

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by cloudhunter on 09-20-2006 at 11:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by xen0h
HELP ME WITH THIS ERROR
quote:

Line: 529. Code: -2146823281.

It seems like it is an error on your computer, as every script you run seems to have it.

Cloudy
RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by Jarrod on 09-20-2006 at 09:29 PM

and wat do i do to fix it?

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by Tex-Twil on 10-08-2006 at 03:49 PM

hi,
i have a stupid question : how can i access the config menu ??? I installed the script but it doesnt seem to work. The only thing I can doo is ti edit the script itself ..

thanks

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by Lourix on 10-08-2006 at 04:29 PM

Normally its on a chat window>Messenger Plus (Near bottom)>then the script. Also don't think its stupid to ask something you don't know :)

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by Tex-Twil on 10-08-2006 at 04:54 PM

Thanks ;)

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by Beren on 10-14-2006 at 04:13 PM

Mine doesn't work.
Maybe it is because my Live Messenger is configured to appear in Spanish.

Is this the problem or it could be something else?

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by Spunky on 10-14-2006 at 04:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Beren
Mine doesn't work.
Maybe it is because my Live Messenger is configured to appear in Spanish.

Is this the problem or it could be something else?

Shouldn't matter what language Messenger Plus! is set to... Objects in the scripting language still use the same names and so on so the script should still work

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by dnLL on 10-15-2006 at 06:58 PM

Very nice script.

A little suggestion: it would be nice if the leds would get their initial state (on/off) back after I opened the conversation window. You just need to save the state before flashing the led and to put it back after the conversation window is opened.

Another suggestion: if we press the right led key, the right led would stop flashing. For example, if I want the Scroll Lock led to flash, if I press the Scroll Lock key during it is flashing, the key would stop flashing and get back to his initial state.

If you want to do something more harder, you can even add some new options. If one contact is talking to me, one led flashes, if two, then two leds would flash, ... You can add another timer to flash the led only a few seconds. Well, there are a lot of things you can do with this script, I love it.

Sorry about my bad English, I'm trying to do my best and I think you can understand.

RE: RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by Beren on 10-25-2006 at 06:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff

Shouldn't matter what language Messenger Plus! is set to... Objects in the scripting language still use the same names and so on so the script should still work

Thanks.... I forgot this post.

My problem is already fixed.  I think it was I needed to restart my messenger.   It works very well, its a pretty useful script.

Sorry for my Anemic English :P
RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by paulo_andre on 11-03-2006 at 04:15 PM

a little request, I think it won't be hard to implement.
My laptop doesn't have a scroll lock light and the num lock and caps lock lights are not that visible either. This script could simply "flash" the mute option in the sound card. I have a big light for that, but if I'm listening to music I would also hear it. Please tell me this is so simple to implement it will be done.

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by Dave on 11-03-2006 at 05:29 PM

i have a slight problem with this script - i often can't turn num lock on i've got the convo window open, cos when i press the button, the light goes on while the num lock key is depressed, but then goes off again when i let go.  Can this be solved?  (i know i could just opt out of flashing num lock, but is there anything that could be changed in the script?)

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by Xzoky on 11-03-2006 at 05:29 PM

Hello, I am using a Xbox 360 Controller for Windows, and I was wondering if you could make flash the Ring of Light ( you know what it is, don't you ? ). Even if I am using a PC, I think this should be useful : http://tattiebogle.net/index.php/ProjectRoot/Xbox360Controller/UsbInfo
Sorry if it's not, I don't know much about programming ...
Thanks

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by spanky6556 on 12-06-2006 at 03:31 PM

mine doesnt work for some reason i cant get to the config window i even tried typing the / cmd n it still didnt work y not?:@[Image: bricks.gif]

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by Spunky on 12-06-2006 at 03:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by paulo_andre
a little request, I think it won't be hard to implement.
My laptop doesn't have a scroll lock light and the num lock and caps lock lights are not that visible either. This script could simply "flash" the mute option in the sound card. I have a big light for that, but if I'm listening to music I would also hear it. Please tell me this is so simple to implement it will be done.

quote:
Originally posted by Xzoky
Hello, I am using a Xbox 360 Controller for Windows, and I was wondering if you could make flash the Ring of Light ( you know what it is, don't you ? ). Even if I am using a PC, I think this should be useful : http://tattiebogle.net/index.php/ProjectRoot/Xbox360Controller/UsbInfo
Sorry if it's not, I don't know much about programming ...
Thanks

I think that flashing the keyboard lights is a lot easier than flashing random lights on peripherals. Not sure that the first one can be donw... As for the XBox one, IF it is possible, it would probably be SO advanced and such a big piece of code, it would have to be a standalone script (which I don't think would do too well as I don't know anybody else that has the controller AND wants it to flash)
RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by DarkRaider on 12-06-2006 at 03:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by spanky6556
mine doesnt work for some reason i cant get to the config window i even tried typing the / cmd n it still didnt work y not?:@[Image: bricks.gif]

the /cmd doesn't work..
haven't used that.. thx for pointing that out.. i'll fix that !

but you can open the config window by clicking the msgplus icon in your main window or a chatwindow (the little coloured icon.. 5th icon from left) and going into the keyflasher menu ;)
RE: RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by spanky6556 on 12-06-2006 at 04:01 PM

quote:
quote:

the /cmd doesn't work..
haven't used that.. thx for pointing that out.. i'll fix that !

but you can open the config window by clicking the msgplus icon in your main window or a chatwindow (the little coloured icon.. 5th icon from left) and going into the keyflasher menu ;)

thanks for your help i couldnt find the little button and is there any way we could use it for just certain people like if i just put on there email iot would work or even when so_and_so@hotmail.com signed in??
thxs again

by the way sorry if thats any ones email i used dont think it is tho
RE: RE: RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by DarkRaider on 12-06-2006 at 08:18 PM

quote:
is there any way we could use it for just certain people like if i just put on there email iot would work or even when so_and_so@hotmail.com signed in??

it's possible to make that, but i haven't got much time to make that..
i'll try to add that when i have more time.. :)

but if you want it to work that way now, you can try experimenting a bit yourself.. if you want to add contacts in the code itself, it isn't very hard if you know a bit about scripting ;)
RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by spanky6556 on 12-06-2006 at 11:47 PM

thxs but i dont no any thing about scripting so i will wait until you get it

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by bnevets27 on 12-09-2006 at 09:15 PM

this is a great script, thanks!

I was wondering if you could make the leds on the logitech g15 keyboard flash. I'm pretty sure it can be done threw software, so it should be possible.

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by Sypher on 12-09-2006 at 09:25 PM

What leds do you mean exactly? The backlight?

If so, you can do this quite easily. There is a plugin for Winamp that does this, so it might be possible for WLM to do this, probably through a DLL file...

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by bnevets27 on 12-09-2006 at 10:32 PM

yeah the backlight, that would be awesome!

BTW, thanks sypher, i just got rays winamp plugin its pretty kool

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by huckduck on 01-03-2007 at 09:14 AM

would it be possible to fix the flasher so that if you are using the handwriting tab and a msg is sent (the convo is already focused) the flsher will not activate?

cuz i'm using handwriting with a frnd, the frns msgs me and the flasher starts going

RE: RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by DarkRaider on 01-03-2007 at 11:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by huckduck
would it be possible to fix the flasher so that if you are using the handwriting tab and a msg is sent (the convo is already focused) the flsher will not activate?

cuz i'm using handwriting with a frnd, the frns msgs me and the flasher starts going

mm *-) i've looked into this and I think you'll have do disable the script when using handwriting, cause I haven't seen an event which handles a received handwritten message.. and the receivemessage event hasn't got the option to see whether a message is handwritten or not..
maybe in a later version of msgplus ;)
RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by huckduck on 01-03-2007 at 08:36 PM

its not the reciving a handwritten event, its when i'm in the handwritten and recieve a non-written message.

eg. i'm in the process of drawing a pciture, my contact sends me a textline msg, the flasher is going while i'm drawing my picture

RE: RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by DarkRaider on 01-03-2007 at 09:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by huckduck
its not the reciving a handwritten event, its when i'm in the handwritten and recieve a non-written message.

eg. i'm in the process of drawing a pciture, my contact sends me a textline msg, the flasher is going while i'm drawing my picture

mm, there is no event  that detects whether you are drawing something or not either.. :^)

so maybe you can assign a number of times it has to flash? then it doesn't keep flashing while you're drawing :)
RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by ryxdp on 01-04-2007 at 08:15 AM

Heyz,

I was wondering if your FN key application you built for some guy earlier in the thread will work on my HP keyboard (no, I'm not on a prebuilt, i got it for $4 at my school computer markets), so when I get a new IM the orange LED flashes. Also when I press the Messages button make the window come into focus. Thanks if you decide it's a good idea, if it helps (I don't think so, I couldn't find anything on it on google) the modle number of the k/b is SK-2505.

RE: RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by DarkRaider on 01-04-2007 at 11:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Snaal Sevool Snr.
Heyz,

I was wondering if your FN key application you built for some guy earlier in the thread will work on my HP keyboard (no, I'm not on a prebuilt, i got it for $4 at my school computer markets), so when I get a new IM the orange LED flashes. Also when I press the Messages button make the window come into focus. Thanks if you decide it's a good idea, if it helps (I don't think so, I couldn't find anything on it on google) the modle number of the k/b is SK-2505.

Well, have you executed that program? cause i need the keycode for your "message" button..
or you can try to fill that code into the scripts code (where it says "var VK_num = 144" replace 144 by your keycode) select numlock in the config and try it out yourself ;)
RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by ryxdp on 01-05-2007 at 01:03 AM

I just tried it now, and it comes up as 0. :S

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by DarkRaider on 01-05-2007 at 02:40 PM

Well, I don't think I can make your message LED flash..
it might be possible with some advanced DLL script, but I'm not advanced enough for that.. sry *-)

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by ryxdp on 01-05-2007 at 10:55 PM

's ok :)

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by Keon on 02-01-2007 at 10:33 PM

Hi!

Is it possible to make the leds (or just the scroll lock led) also flash when Windows is locked (i.e. pressing the windows logo key + L)?

If you can do that, I'll start worshiping you!

RE: RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by dnLL on 02-02-2007 at 10:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Keon
Hi!

Is it possible to make the leds (or just the scroll lock led) also flash when Windows is locked (i.e. pressing the windows logo key + L)?

I agree. I would like that feature too, and I think it would be possible. Another suggestion: maybe you can add some options, as flashing the leds when the user is away.

By the way, Stuffplug 3 has the key flasher thing. But I prefer this script, it seems more reliable (I don't know why).
RE: RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by DarkRaider on 02-04-2007 at 07:30 PM

quote:
Hi!

I'll see what I can do.. ;)
RE: RE: RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by Jesus on 02-13-2007 at 01:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dnLL
By the way, Stuffplug 3 has the key flasher thing. But I prefer this script, it seems more reliable (I don't know why).

This function of StuffPlug doesn't work at the moment (neither does the BlockTalker) but TB is working on that if I ain't mistaken.

As for the script: I like it, but I'd like to see the script being able to just change the LED's status without altering the key's state.
eg. if you select the caps led to flash, don't make it switch caps on and off all the time. I think this should be possible because I once had a WinAmp visualization which flashed the leds (num-low, caps-mid, scroll-high) without changing the actual status.
edit: if this is too hard, make the leds return to their initial status instead of turning them off once the flashing ends.

Also, don't allow users to put a very low value in the "Flashspeed" box. I don't know if it's the same everywhere, but my leds don't do anything if I set it below 100ms.

One final suggestion, just for fun and not a must though, allow different Flashspeed values for different leds (maybe through a registry key the user has to create) to allow flashing patterns. :O

even more edit:
quote:
Hi!

If this is implemented, DON'T let the caps flash if your account is password protected :P
RE: RE: RE: RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by Keon on 02-15-2007 at 07:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jesus

quote:
Hi!

If this is implemented, DON'T let the caps flash if your account is password protected :P

True! I didn't think of that. I guess just the scroll lock led will be good enough.
RE: RE: RE: RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by eltiel on 05-06-2007 at 09:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jesus
As for the script: I like it, but I'd like to see the script being able to just change the LED's status without altering the key's state.
eg. if you select the caps led to flash, don't make it switch caps on and off all the time. I think this should be possible because I once had a WinAmp visualization which flashed the leds (num-low, caps-mid, scroll-high) without changing the actual status.
edit: if this is too hard, make the leds return to their initial status instead of turning them off once the flashing ends.

I too would like to see the script being able to flash the LEDs without changing the keys' states. I'm using the ScrollLock key which works fine most of the time, but there are some programs which are being affected by it.

But I must say, this script is the handiest script that I've come across. Looking forward for more improvements! :D
RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by Firehalk on 10-31-2007 at 06:48 PM

This is script is great!

I dont read the whole post, but there are some things that can be improved:

- It doesn't work (flash) when someone send you a file. Is it possible to make it work on that situation too?

- Is it possible to make it stop flashing? Just turn it on when something is received and after you read it, it goes off? That would be much better in my opinion!

Congrats for this ;)

RE: RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by DarkRaider on 10-31-2007 at 08:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Firehalk

- It doesn't work (flash) when someone send you a file. Is it possible to make it work on that situation too?

- Is it possible to make it stop flashing? Just turn it on when something is received and after you read it, it goes off? That would be much better in my opinion!
It should stop flashing when you put the focus in the panel where you type your messages.. I cannot detect if the window itself is in front of the other screens, so I can't fix this :^)

I'll see if I can make it flash when you receive files.. :)
RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by Firehalk on 11-01-2007 at 12:34 PM

DarkRaider,

sorry, I think I didn't make myself clear.

What I meant with my last sentence was:

When you receive something (a message or file, whatever) instead of blink the scroll lock key, an option to just turn it on to alert.

The only reason for me to ask that, it's because blink can sometimes be reaaaally annoying. Imagine yourself watching a movie on PC or just running some full screen application. So you receive a message, and your keyboard will not stop blinking that LED until you read the message.

Just turning on the scroll lock key and after reading it turning it off, would be great!

RE: RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by DarkRaider on 11-01-2007 at 09:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Firehalk
When you receive something (a message or file, whatever) instead of blink the scroll lock key, an option to just turn it on to alert.
ah, ok.. that should be easy, but I think that you need a personalised version then, because creating that as a feature takes a lot of time.. I'll see what I can do :)
RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by konichiwa on 12-18-2007 at 11:41 AM

Hmm..I just started using this KeyFlasher.
Pretty good. But.. if you have tried stuffplug before..
You should know that, they can do let the LED blinks without interrupting your typings.Or may be..I was wrong?
Just wondering..

RE: RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by DarkRaider on 12-18-2007 at 11:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by konichiwa
Hmm..I just started using this KeyFlasher.
Pretty good. But.. if you have tried stuffplug before..
You should know that, they can do let the LED blinks without interrupting your typings.Or may be..I was wrong?
Just wondering..
Stuffplug wasn't released when I made this..
So I created this while I waited.. and waited.. and waited.. :P
RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by konichiwa on 12-18-2007 at 11:53 AM

Oh?So your scripts were released earlier than stuffplug.Dang..I was late then.Lol..Well done there..But then,is it possible to let the LED flash only? specific ascii codes for it perhaps?

RE: RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by DarkRaider on 12-18-2007 at 01:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by konichiwa
Oh?So your scripts were released earlier than stuffplug.Dang..I was late then.Lol..Well done there..But then,is it possible to let the LED flash only? specific ascii codes for it perhaps?
Dunno.. have stopped working on this a long time ago..
I made this for myself and decided to share it with the community.. If someone wants to improve it, the code is free to use ;)
RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by elmarian75 on 12-18-2007 at 03:59 PM

i am using ths script for 1 year

it's one of the best (Y)

if i am playing a game wich uses all the screen, and the messenger is blocked, the keyboard advised me ;)

i really like it

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by John Anderton on 12-19-2007 at 07:03 AM

Of late, the scroll key doesn't go back to its default state when I see the message (it stayed on even though it was off earlier).
Also, even when I bring the chat window on top, it doesn't stop my scroll lock light flashing. I need to click the message box :(
Could this be fixed? :)

RE: RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by DarkRaider on 12-19-2007 at 07:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Of late, the scroll key doesn't go back to its default state when I see the message (it stayed on even though it was off earlier).
Also, even when I bring the chat window on top, it doesn't stop my scroll lock light flashing. I need to click the message box :(
Could this be fixed? :)
As long as there isn't an "OnEvent_WindowFocused" or something like that, I can't change this..*-) sry.. If I knew how, I would..
RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by K i n g. [Spoons] on 01-02-2008 at 10:10 PM

i cant get this to work!!

how do i get into the configuration menu for it?

step by step screenshots wud b a big help...

thanx

quote:
Originally posted by Sypher
What leds do you mean exactly? The backlight?

If so, you can do this quite easily. There is a plugin for Winamp that does this, so it might be possible for WLM to do this, probably through a DLL file...

whats the backlight??
RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by DarkRaider on 01-02-2008 at 10:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by K i n g. [Spoons]

thanx
You can find the configuration window trough the plus-script-menu (the icon with the coloured cubes).. in the main window, AND in the chat windows ;)
RE: RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by K i n g. [Spoons] on 01-07-2008 at 08:02 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by K i n g. [Spoons]

thanx
You can find the configuration window trough the plus-script-menu (the icon with the coloured cubes).. in the main window, AND in the chat windows ;)

i can get on the prefernces and then into the scripts put i dunno how to get into configure this script fur wen i click on it all this writting comes up[size=2]
RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by DarkRaider on 01-07-2008 at 08:11 PM

[Image: keyflashconfig.jpg]
I hope this is clear enough...

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by Amphor on 08-01-2008 at 12:49 PM

I installed the script, but now, even when no-one says anything, the caps lock, scroll lock and num lock buttons don't work (the buttons do work, but the keyboard doesn't show it) and now the flashin doesn't work either, i set the options from configure menu.

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by V@no on 07-15-2009 at 07:14 AM

I found this script very useful, but there is one thing, that holding me from using it: when it's flashing it doesn't allow my monitor automatically go to standby (if it was in standby at the moment new message received, it turns on monitor) and on Windows 7 it doesn't allow use ALT + TAB (window selection menu pops up for a brief moment and dissapier) .

Any work around this issue?

Thank you.

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by V@no on 07-25-2009 at 06:15 PM

Here is a "KeyLed DLL" that allows control keyboard LEDs without emulating key press.
http://www.boris-toll.at/load/software.php

And this is vbs example that came with the dll package:

code:
'----------------------------------------------- Script by Boris Toll / 2005
Option Explicit

Dim KeyLeds, Counter
Set KeyLeds = CreateObject("Key.Leds")

Do Until Counter = 10

if KeyLeds.LedStatus("NUMLED") = 0 then
        KeyLeds.LedOn("NUMLED")
    else
        KeyLeds.LedOff("NUMLED")
    end if

if KeyLeds.LedStatus("CAPSLED") = 0 then
        KeyLeds.LedOn("CAPSLED")
    else
        KeyLeds.LedOff("CAPSLED")
    end if

if KeyLeds.LedStatus("SCROLLLED") = 0 then
        KeyLeds.LedOn("SCROLLLED")
    else
        KeyLeds.LedOff("SCROLLLED")
    end if

wscript.sleep 500
    Counter = Counter + 1
Loop

If someone could help adopt it to MPL, it would be awsome!

Anyone?

Thank you.
RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by matty on 07-25-2009 at 10:34 PM

Bas

quote:
Originally posted by V@no
Here is a "KeyLed DLL" that allows control keyboard LEDs without emulating key press.

It does emulate the keypress unfortunately.

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by V@no on 07-26-2009 at 02:01 AM

Eh, yes, you are right...false hope...will keep digging. There must be a way to do so!

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by MicroWay on 07-26-2009 at 03:33 PM

Sorry my question but isn't easyer to disable the script when you want your monitor to go to standby?
Also you can set a number of flashes you want.. so the script will flash and than stop... so your monitor will go to stanby too

AND, no the greatest idea, still you can turn your monitor off
;)

RE: RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by V@no on 08-16-2009 at 05:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MicroWay
Sorry my question but isn't easyer to disable the script when you want your monitor to go to standby?
Also you can set a number of flashes you want.. so the script will flash and than stop... so your monitor will go to stanby too

AND, no the greatest idea, still you can turn your monitor off
;)

and also I can uninstall the script ;)

This are all work arounds and not fixing the problem..
RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by joncgde2 on 09-01-2009 at 04:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by V@no
Eh, yes, you are right...false hope...will keep digging. There must be a way to do so!

I'm quite sure there is... I use WLM 8.5 with the Stuffplug addon (google for stuffplug), and there is a keyflasher available that works flawlessly, and doesn't mess up your typing! :D

Now I don't know how much that helps, but perhaps the relevant people can contact the author of the addon for a quick question, or if someone can decompile the addon or something to find out how he did it.

But at least we know it IS possible... just a matter of finding out how :D
RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by Chrissy on 03-29-2010 at 05:50 PM

'Play a beep' :P

Would it be possible you made a textbox so we could define how many beeps or how long?

Yes, this is an old post but there's no-ware else I can put this

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by DarkRaider on 03-30-2010 at 02:15 PM

there already is a textbox that says "flash x times" ..
x also counts for 2 beeps

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by mihzvol on 04-02-2010 at 03:04 PM

i was using KF 1.0 here on this computer and was fine, now i've updated to 1.2 and it stopped working
when i try to open the plugin, i get 3 blank options, i'm attaching a pic of it...

i'm using windows 7, lastest version of both wlm and msgplus!!!

thanks in advance!!!

EDIT: NVM i did it, fully uninstaled it, then installed it, then worked, last time i only updated!!!

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by dickyho on 04-04-2010 at 06:06 AM

After I update the Key Flasher to 1.2, The script show blank instead of word in plugin drop-off menu, i cant get into the option

ps I am using a Traditional Chinese MSN

I have tried to add a 'default' in the 'SetLanguage' like this
"
default:
        LangMenuConfigure = 'Configure';
        LangMenuEnable = 'Enable Script';
        LangMenuDisable = 'Disable Script';
        LangMenuCredits = 'Credits';
break;
"
And it show words instead of blank in the plugin drop-off menu again, but it still cant enter into the option.
It seems the problem cause by launguage setting

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by mihzvol on 04-04-2010 at 09:20 AM

do it as i did, delete the plugin, install it again...
worked for me

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by DarkRaider on 04-05-2010 at 11:53 AM

I sent a new version to the Script DB. When it is released, these problems should be solved.
There were problems with the correct saving and reading of the new config file after an update, but those have been resolved now.

If you wish to add new languages, please mail me, and I'll provide you the details to translate it. :)

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by kreekgod on 07-20-2010 at 03:02 AM

i will leave this here in hopes that sometime soon, that key-press problem can be fixed

i love the script, and use it all the time (disabling when it causers problems) and id love to see it flash the LEDs without emulating the key-press

http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10532

personally id try to fix it myself, but i cant make heads or tails of the scripts >.<

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by O RLY? on 07-25-2010 at 01:34 PM

i've just installed windows live messenger beta, and Key Flasher does not work, can you pls. edit the script for compatibility with the beta (wave 4) ?  thanks

RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by whiz on 07-25-2010 at 02:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by O RLY?
i've just installed windows live messenger beta, and Key Flasher does not work, can you pls. edit the script for compatibility with the beta (wave 4) ?  thanks
Messenger Plus! Live isn't compatible with the Windows Live Messenger beta.

See [!] WLM 2011 BETA and Messenger Plus! Live.
RE: [Release] KeyFlasher by thomas500 on 08-06-2010 at 08:41 PM

I have an issue with this script, I can't configure it. I use WLM version: Windows Live Messenger 14.0.0416 and the KeyFlasher 1.3 version.

Also the menu when clicking the Plus icon that should be visible isn't there.

I reinstalled the plugin several times on different computers.

When I enter the /ledblinkerconfig command Plus says that the command doesn't exist.

What am I doing wrong?