Shoutbox

[Pre-Release/Preview] Plus! Window Designer - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Pre-Release/Preview] Plus! Window Designer (/showthread.php?tid=63318)

[Pre-Release/Preview] Plus! Window Designer by HenkNooz on 07-15-2006 at 04:26 PM

Hello,

I've made a window designer for Messenger Plus! Live. It's not working 100% and i'm still working on it, but it is quite useful now.

Screen:
[Image: pluswdxh9.png]

Tips, sugestion and found bugs? Please post!

RE: [Release] Plus! Window Designer by Felu on 07-15-2006 at 04:29 PM

Cool (Y) ;).

Maybe you could add Button properties or something like that to chose the type of button *-).

Edit : A Preview button too will be nice.

RE: [Release] Plus! Window Designer by Thor on 07-15-2006 at 04:35 PM

Great. I bet this is gonna be used alot! :D (Y)

Nice work :)

RE: [Pre-Release/Preview] Plus! Window Designer by Eddie on 07-15-2006 at 04:52 PM

Great :) Looks good, i shall use it in the future once i learn some more :P

RE: [Pre-Release/Preview] Plus! Window Designer by absorbation on 07-15-2006 at 05:10 PM

There is a similar program like this, being developed by Dempsey:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=62515

RE: [Pre-Release/Preview] Plus! Window Designer by b0rna on 07-16-2006 at 03:05 AM

i love you <3

RE: [Pre-Release/Preview] Plus! Window Designer by Lou on 07-16-2006 at 03:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
Dempsey has yet to release a version that works properly imo. He's started off good, but some things are not even working (like renaming buttons and checking the xml and renaming the window and etc). This looks nice. Maybe you and Dempsey could work together? (The information about Dempsey's is only based on the beta he has released on the forum)
I'm trying it out and I like it. But it should seriously all be incased in a window (like Dempsey's) and you should add the duplicate option on right click of something.

More suggestions:
  • On right click of a text box, add an option to "set as password field"
  • Add an option like dempsey's (even though it does not work well) to rename the window, the actual objects etc (the text the script uses to refer to things)
  • Buttons: add a "set as close button" option (this is already possible with the system, check the Docs)
  • Allow right clicking on the blue square on selected objects
  • Add a "Save xml file" and "save xml file as" and etc in the file menu (allowing loading of xml files in the program if they are Plus! made)
  • Add Premade Template windows (about box, settings window with apply, ok, and cancel buttons..etc)
  • Make site url in about window a link
  • Getting out of design mode should either a) Do something OR b) (prefered choice) be removed all together and add a preview option/button somewhere
That's it for now:P
RE: RE: [Pre-Release/Preview] Plus! Window Designer by HenkNooz on 07-16-2006 at 09:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by .Lou
quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
Dempsey has yet to release a version that works properly imo. He's started off good, but some things are not even working (like renaming buttons and checking the xml and renaming the window and etc). This looks nice. Maybe you and Dempsey could work together? (The information about Dempsey's is only based on the beta he has released on the forum)
I'm trying it out and I like it. But it should seriously all be incased in a window (like Dempsey's) and you should add the duplicate option on right click of something.

More suggestions:
  • On right click of a text box, add an option to "set as password field"
  • Add an option like dempsey's (even though it does not work well) to rename the window, the actual objects etc (the text the script uses to refer to things)
  • Buttons: add a "set as close button" option (this is already possible with the system, check the Docs)
  • Allow right clicking on the blue square on selected objects
  • Add a "Save xml file" and "save xml file as" and etc in the file menu (allowing loading of xml files in the program if they are Plus! made)
  • Add Premade Template windows (about box, settings window with apply, ok, and cancel buttons..etc)
  • Make site url in about window a link
  • Getting out of design mode should either a) Do something OR b) (prefered choice) be removed all together and add a preview option/button somewhere
That's it for now:P

thnx for your suggestions! I'm already busy with a new version and I will look at your suggestions:)
RE: [Pre-Release/Preview] Plus! Window Designer by CookieRevised on 07-16-2006 at 11:52 AM

All I can suggest for both programs (this and Dempsey's one) is to look how the designing is done in Visual Studio, Visual Basic, Visual C, etc.

Almost everything you can do there (and that's a lot) is almost mandatory in such Window Designers.

Also the interface should be roughly the same as that is what many people are already used to.

;)

RE: [Pre-Release/Preview] Plus! Window Designer by Lou on 07-16-2006 at 03:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by HenkNooz
thnx for your suggestions! I'm already busy with a new version and I will look at your suggestions:)
I'm glad I could help. If you need a tester I would gladly test as well:P (It would make it even easier for me to give you suggestions that way, seeing as I'd notice what's been done already). If you want, you can just pm me.
RE: [Pre-Release/Preview] Plus! Window Designer by Lou on 08-07-2006 at 03:25 PM

Any news on the progress of the program?:)

RE: [Pre-Release/Preview] Plus! Window Designer by Dempsey on 08-07-2006 at 03:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by .Lou
Any news on the progress of the program?:)
It's still being worked on, me and HenkNooz are now working together.  Once we have some more news we will post an update.
RE: [Pre-Release/Preview] Plus! Window Designer by Gran_PC on 08-21-2006 at 07:52 PM

Hmmm! This is util! I can make a lot of things with this, probably I can help you with the programming, if you like, say me with what program has been made.

Gran PC

RE: [Pre-Release/Preview] Plus! Window Designer by Hit on 08-21-2006 at 07:57 PM

Awesome

RE: [Pre-Release/Preview] Plus! Window Designer by Gran_PC on 08-21-2006 at 08:13 PM

I know a things for make best this.