Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date (/showthread.php?tid=63325)

Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date by Fr@nKy on 07-15-2006 at 08:11 PM

On Messenger Stuff they say that MP!L 4.01 will be out tonight

quote:
Messenger Plus! Live 4.01 tonight!

Well seeing as no one else has posted about this anywhere, I thought I would quickly tell you: beta testers have been told that Messenger Plus! Live 4.01 will be released tonight. The update will contain compatibility fixes with things like Mess Patch and fix issues concerning Yahoo! Messenger integration.

Another new feature I told you about was the quick icon panel. It has returned and is better than ever, you can read more about it here. Other updates include fixes to the scripting engine, making it Yahoo! Messenger compatible when detecting your contacts.

It may seem not much of an update but it is essential now as major bugs have been fixed. Patchou can finally start relaxing and taking a break now before he starts coding some brand new features.

Source:
Messenger Plus! Live 4.01 tonight!

Is this true? I know it is this weekend but is it tonight? And if it is tonight is tonight in wich time zone?? :P
RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date by Thor on 07-15-2006 at 08:20 PM

It's true. Well, I believe it's true.

And Patchou has a diffrent timexone, so it will be late, very late. Well, it was when MP!L first were released. :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date by tony on 07-15-2006 at 08:21 PM

Absorbation is a betatester, so its true.

beta testers have been told that Messenger Plus! Live 4.01 will be released tonight.

RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date by Thor on 07-15-2006 at 08:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tony

beta testers have been told that Messenger Plus! Live 4.01 will be released tonight.
Okey, confirmed.

I just hope that Patchou releases early, because if he releases late, it's in the middle of the night here! :(

So I hope he releases early (because it's 22:47 here)...:)
RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date by Fr@nKy on 07-15-2006 at 09:01 PM

Yeah here is 22:00 right now (GMT+1, because of Day Light Saving). He released 4.00 and 23:40GMT so I hope tonight is GMT :P He is in Canada so there should be GMT -5 or -6 (-7?? :S)

RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date by NiteMare on 07-15-2006 at 09:01 PM

relax everyone, its not going to be the end of the world if he doesn't release it

RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date by maka on 07-15-2006 at 09:19 PM

yeh i can live with the activity log being "1" for a few more hours ;)

dont think so im sure it was publicly known there was a release sometime this weekend

RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date by adam.yao on 07-16-2006 at 05:56 AM

which new features will come in v4.0.1?

RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date by MX-G on 07-16-2006 at 05:57 AM

i think that the most important is the Emoticon Panel :)
you can read this :P:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=63205&page=1

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date by Nagamasa on 07-16-2006 at 06:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Fr@nKy
Yeah here is 22:00 right now (GMT+1, because of Day Light Saving). He released 4.00 and 23:40GMT so I hope tonight is GMT :P He is in Canada so there should be GMT -5 or -6 (-7?? :S)

Currently, it is GMT -4. I live in Toronto, and Quebec is the same time. Its probably going to be about the same time as 4.00

RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date by Chestah on 07-16-2006 at 06:37 AM

Patchou said it will be released this weekend, and thats all he said so keep that in mind ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date by CookieRevised on 07-16-2006 at 07:39 AM

May I very strongly point out that this has been said to beta testers in private only!!!

As a matter of fact he didn't say "tonight" at all, he said "this weekend"...

And this is NOT a public statement at all (yet). As such, beta testers should ALWAYS be carefull to put such stuff in the public, especially concearning release dates.

It is NOT FOR SURE that a new version will be released tonight. It is planned yes, but extremely many things can delay it. As a matter of fact, Patchou said last week that it was going to be released "this weekend" too, and that did NOT happen.

There is a very good reason why Patchou only says this in private and not yet in public, I only whished some beta testers understood that BEFORE they leak such information and create (unwillingly) a hype (as people WILL read such things as totally true without understanding the context of it and thus will be fixated upon such statements).

RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date by markee on 07-16-2006 at 07:50 AM

Well said cookie.  I must say that because of this thread I have been looking a lot more but I also understand that good things take time, so if I have to wait for Plus! then so be it.  Making big hype to the public is not a wise idea (just remember what happened to the forums and the MP!L sit when 4.00 was released.......).

RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date by Chestah on 07-16-2006 at 09:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
There is a very good reason why Patchou only says this in private and not yet in public, I only whished some beta testers understood that BEFORE they leak such information and create (unwillingly) a hype (as people WILL read such things as totally true without understanding the context of it and thus will be fixated upon such statements).

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
Patchou said it will be released this weekend, and thats all he said so keep that in mind 

:P

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date by Fr@nKy on 07-16-2006 at 10:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
May I very strongly point out that this has been said to beta testers in private only!!!

As a matter of fact he didn't say "tonight" at all, he said "this weekend"...

And this is NOT a public statement at all (yet). As such, beta testers should ALWAYS be carefull to put such stuff in the public, especially concearning release dates.

It is NOT FOR SURE that a new version will be released tonight. It is planned yes, but extremely many things can delay it. As a matter of fact, Patchou said last week that it was going to be released "this weekend" too, and that did NOT happen.

CookieRevised I was only reporting what I have seen on Messenger Stuff I was not saying that it was 100% sure so I know that it will be out this weekend (probably today) but I read that it could be yesterday and was only reporting to hear from you if this was a good piece of information or not. ;)
RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date by Chestah on 07-16-2006 at 10:48 AM

Cookie was more referring to absorbation (and all beta testers) i think :P

RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date by absorbation on 07-16-2006 at 10:53 AM

Well I did check to see if I was allowed to post it, I saw Menthix posting about the release around the forums, so I presumed I was allowed to do the same. The emails testers received from Patchou indicated a Saturday release (I can't show what he said exactly), and so I posted about that. I will edit the post saying unexpected delays are expected, but all in all 4.01 is coming soon :).

And there are a few Yahoo! integration bugs, so you never know how delayed it can be. I am sorry for any confusion, but I did think it was going to be released Saturday, according to the emails, and testers received another indication this morning of a release.

* absorbation updates his post :)

Edit: My post seems different to the one I originally posted :S.

RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date by Fr@nKy on 07-16-2006 at 11:00 AM

absorbation keep the good work at Messenger Stuff. I know that you posted saying it was going to be released yesterday but I know that this kind of stuff is not 100% SURE ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date by absorbation on 07-16-2006 at 11:09 AM

Reading over my post made mye realize with little information people can take in hypes rather quickly :P. Like Cookie said, no official statement means it may not be true. Although Patchou expected the release to be Saturday evening, major changes to the messenger protocol can mean delays. I have now updated my post to hopefully avoid confusion. However, I do not think I was breaking any testing rules when posting the information, I did check out before hand with other testers to see if it was ok and after seeing Menthix posting small posts on the forums, I thought it was ok to do so myself :).

Edit: Patchou's emails varied when it came to expected release dates, the Saturday one was the most recent and so I posted about that.

quote:
Originally posted by tony

lol, official tester does not mean I'm Patchou, he can change his mind as often as he likes :P.
RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date by Fr@nKy on 07-16-2006 at 11:13 AM

Yeah I don't think that you act wrong. We know that is this type of stuff delays are aceptable ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date by absorbation on 07-16-2006 at 11:19 AM

I just feel a tad embrassed, if was not a great quality post, I should of explained about delays in detail. I posted that early morning yesterday, just as I woke up :P.

RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date by CookieRevised on 07-16-2006 at 11:31 AM

nope, you absolutely didn't break any rules. My post was more meant in general, just be carefull when stating such things and don't make vague posts from Patchou into accurate pinpointed statements and stuff (I don't say you did this though, just in general)...

RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date by Chestah on 07-16-2006 at 12:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
I just feel a tad embrassed, if was not a great quality post, I should of explained about delays in detail. I posted that early morning yesterday, just as I woke up :P.

we still <3 you absorb :P
RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date by adam.yao on 07-16-2006 at 02:25 PM

could anyone tell me when the stuffplug will be released?

RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date by -Bogan- on 07-16-2006 at 02:34 PM

* -Bogan- also interested in stuffplug

RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date by Patchou on 07-16-2006 at 04:01 PM

Messenger Plus! Live 4.01 = tonight

RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date by Kenji on 07-16-2006 at 04:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Messenger Plus! Live 4.01 = tonight
ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG
[Image: omg.jpg]
RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date by rajvora on 07-16-2006 at 04:07 PM

:)

RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date by Thor on 07-16-2006 at 04:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
just as I woke up .
Hurray! :D

But one thing, tonight for you, or for me?
RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date by ins4ne on 07-16-2006 at 06:21 PM

tonight? what is your "tonight" in GMT... -5, -6, -7???? :(

RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date by Menthix on 07-16-2006 at 06:30 PM

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.h...min=0&sec=0&p1=189 But time isn't known exactly... can very well be a few hours before or after.

RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date by ins4ne on 07-16-2006 at 06:35 PM

OMG :-| i'll sleep then :'( i have to work tomorrow... DAMN :'(

RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date by Thor on 07-16-2006 at 06:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=7&day=16&year=2006&hour=0&min=0&sec=0&p1=189 But time isn't known exactly... can very well be a few hours before or after.
That's 06:00.... I'm sleeping then... :(

Well well..
RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date by ins4ne on 07-16-2006 at 06:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nitrolinken
That's 06:00.... I'm sleeping then... :(

Well well..

yeah me too but the
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
But time isn't known exactly... can very well be a few hours before or after.
gives me a little hope ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date by Thor on 07-16-2006 at 07:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hardc0re
quote:Originally posted by MenthiX
But time isn't known exactly... can very well be a few hours before or after.
gives me a little hope
Yeah, but 8 hours earlier isn't so possible.. :(
RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date by ins4ne on 07-16-2006 at 07:15 PM

yeah... lets hope patchou is a good guy and thinks of us (non-canadian users)

RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date by Astynax on 07-16-2006 at 07:22 PM

i would much prefer it to be released per his own discretion, as then we will be assured of getting a stable product.

to many people rush development these days and it ends up biting the end user in the nuts...

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date by Darken on 07-16-2006 at 07:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by yourmama_20
i would much prefer it to be released per his own discretion, as then we will be assured of getting a stable product.

to many people rush development these days and it ends up biting the end user in the nuts...

Exactly! (Y)
RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date by Astynax on 07-16-2006 at 07:54 PM

oh, before i forget.

will this build, disable msgpluslive toasts when messenger is set to busy?

RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date by CookieRevised on 07-16-2006 at 08:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by yourmama_20
oh, before i forget.

will this build, disable msgpluslive toasts when messenger is set to busy?
That's already available: Plus! > Preferences > Customize > Events Notifications > Show MsgPlus! popups when busy
RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date by Astynax on 07-16-2006 at 09:09 PM

i thought that was what that was for :| :P

very difficult to pla game with message plus alerts popping up constantly :|

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date by Salem on 07-16-2006 at 10:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by adam.yao
which new features will come in v4.0.1?

4.01 will contain mainly bug fixes. The only new thing to be added is Quick Icons.

~Salem(@)
RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date by cloudhunter on 07-17-2006 at 02:42 AM

Release date is now :)

http://www.msgpluslive.net/download

Official Announcement/discussion