Shoutbox

is it possible to - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: is it possible to (/showthread.php?tid=63338)

is it possible to by hosey on 07-16-2006 at 01:44 AM

hey ppl!!

i just got a new laptop and installed MSG Plus! Live and i am wondering if it is possible to copy the personalized status from one computer to ma laptop so they work on this laptop!!

cheers
hosey

RE: is it possible to by Chris4 on 07-16-2006 at 01:51 AM

go to Plus! Preferences, then in the bottom left, there's Import/Export, click that, then click 'Export Current Settings...'. Go through the process and save the file somewhere.

Now, you need to get that file to your laptop. The best way would to attach the file in an e-mail and send it to yourself, then open it on your laptop. Alternatively, you can upload it to a website, and download it on your laptop. You can also put in on a CD, etc.

Then you go on Plus! Preferences on your laptop, and Import it.

Hope that helps.[list]
[/list]

RE: is it possible to by hosey on 07-16-2006 at 02:01 AM

thanx u Chris4!! you just saved me alot of time other wise i woodve had to write them all again and i didnt want to do that!!! thanx again now to install some scripts!!

RE: is it possible to by Chris4 on 07-16-2006 at 02:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by hosey
now to install some scripts!!
If your like me, I have lots of scripts.

If I was you, I would ZIP the entire C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts\ folder (if you know how to) and send it to your laptop; then replace the Scripts folder with the one from your computer that you zipped.

Just a suggestion, you probely won't want to. :P
RE: is it possible to by hosey on 07-16-2006 at 02:11 AM

lol ur right there!! and thanx for ya help again!!