Shoutbox

Advice - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Advice (/showthread.php?tid=63386)

Advice by Vimto on 07-16-2006 at 05:44 PM

Hi this may be considered spam as its my personal problem but meh

I am going on holiday in four weeks with my "Best" friend. My mum has payed for everything btw.

Over the past few months we haven't spent any time together at all and to me it seems shes avoiding me. Everytime I ask her to come out she makes up an excuse that she can't but I and others always see her out with a girl from my school. I really don't want her to go on holiday with me as it seems she is just using me to get a free holiday. But my mum has already booked her place with her name etc.

Also she keeps moaning about how much she is going to miss her mum and boyfriend (Like he's going to miss her).

I don't know whether to tell her I don't want her to go. If I tell her I fear our friendship will be over but if I don't the holiday will be a disaster and I will feel used. If I tell her she can't go I can't imagine the reaction of her parents although I she isn't paying for anything. :S I am so confused.

If you think I shouldn't take her can you give me any advice on how to tell her. If you think I should take her just your views please. Thanks Alot :D

RE: Advice by NiteMare on 07-16-2006 at 05:48 PM

Well maybe this trip will help you patch things up with her

RE: Advice by Adeptus on 07-16-2006 at 06:18 PM

It doesn't sound like anything ugly has happened between you, you just have drifted apart a bit as she has made some new friends that take up more of her time. The trip could be a great opportunity to make up for that and renew interest for continued friendship after you return.  Just don't start any dramatic confrontations and all should be well.

Given that it's already booked and such things usually are non-refundable, you will be equally "used" whether she goes or not, so asking her not to go would be silly.

RE: Advice by FrozenDaggers on 07-17-2006 at 04:52 PM

When you go on holiday there wont be anyone else to come between the two of you so you probably will work it out between you.

I'm pretty sure she wouldn't be using you... I can't imagine someone being so selfish and vile. lol.

RE: Advice by RaceProUK on 07-17-2006 at 09:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by .Vimto.
Over the past few months we haven't spent any time together at all and to me it seems shes avoiding me. Everytime I ask her to come out she makes up an excuse that she can't but I and others always see her out with a girl from my school. I really don't want her to go on holiday with me as it seems she is just using me to get a free holiday. But my mum has already booked her place with her name etc.
You talked to her about this? Methinks you mightn't. I personally think you should, maybe something happened that you didn't realise.

PS: Yay! I invented a word! w00t, and all that jazz.
RE: Advice by user27089 on 07-17-2006 at 10:14 PM

People drift apart, it always happens... No matter who they are and how good a friend they are to you. You meet other people, they meet other people. But the people you meet don't like the people they meet, but you want to go and see the new people you've met. Stuff doesn't always work out the way you want it to.

I don't think you should tell her you don't want her to go, if I were you, I'd just go with her and see if you bond a bit :).

RE: Advice by Nagamasa on 07-18-2006 at 05:25 AM

Definatly agree with traxor. My best friend and I also drifted away from each other the school year before (04-05), and we're best friends again:>. Just find some time where she is further away from her 'other friends' (i.e., the trip or same classes next year) where you can bring things back together.

RE: Advice by .X.ILUV2HUG.X, on 07-24-2006 at 04:06 PM

Personally if i was you i would explain to her the situation, Let her no how u feel if she is that good a friend she will understand and will want whatever you think is best, If you feel uncomfortable taking her tell her. Take another friend with you in her place one u feel u will have more fun with.

RE: Advice by shadowfaerie on 07-24-2006 at 11:04 PM

you will just find out how much you mean to each other..

RE: RE: Advice by Chris4 on 07-24-2006 at 11:11 PM

I agree with NiteMare, it will help you patch up thnigs with her, if she didn't like you, she wouldn't go with you. I doubt she would just go for a free holiday with someone she didn't really like. As Traxor said, you've drifted apart, and now's the time to drift back together again and be friends :)

quote:
Originally posted by RaceProUK
You talked to her about this? Methinks you mightn't. I personally think you should, maybe something happened that you didn't realise.

PS: Yay! I invented a word! w00t, and all that jazz.

MenthiX invented that word, that's where he got his name from :P

K, that's a lie.

RE: Advice by jenny14 on 07-25-2006 at 06:08 PM

i wouldn't let her come with me because she hasn't been a very good friend and also if she's using you for a free holiday thats horrible.....i wouldn't let her come and see if anyone better wanted to instead

RE: Advice by LoochTheMan on 07-26-2006 at 06:56 AM

Go, have a few drinks and forget about it ;).

RE: Advice by Conor on 07-28-2006 at 12:25 PM

If she truly didn't like you she wouldn't go on the trip because you're going to be together for the majority of the trip.

So my advice: Take LoochTheMan's advice. ;)

RE: Advice by absorbation on 07-28-2006 at 03:50 PM

Holidays always ruin friendships (exaggeration :P). People build up expectations of a good holiday and it turns out, not as expected :P. Tell her straight and say you can take someone else if she does not treat you better.

RE: Advice by Vimto on 07-28-2006 at 04:20 PM

Just so everyone knows she "had to cancel"

quote:
Origionally Said by Jaydes Friend
Is going to miss her aunties brothers wedding
^o) Yeah right. I knew she didn't really wanna go. So instead I am taking one of my oldest friends. She should have been my first choice really but the person I was origionally going to take was there when the holiday was announced. Thanks for all the advice though :D
RE: Advice by Nathan on 07-28-2006 at 05:07 PM

:sad:
Why dont you just go... why dont you like me any more :/ what have i done wrong

:P

RE: RE: Advice by Vimto on 07-28-2006 at 05:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
:sad:
Why dont you just go... why dont you like me any more :/ what have i done wrong

:P

Because frankly I am glad she aint going :p But don't worry I made her feel plenty guilty :D
RE: Advice by vaccination on 07-28-2006 at 06:03 PM

quote:
But don't worry I made her feel plenty guilty :D

How? Prey do tell...
RE: RE: Advice by Vimto on 07-28-2006 at 06:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
quote:
But don't worry I made her feel plenty guilty :D

How? Prey do tell...

Well. I said stuff like
quote:
I was really looking forward to this holiday with you. Obviously you were just going for a freebie.
quote:
Me mum has payed all this money for you to go and now your just saying you don't want to go
and so on in that pattern :p
RE: Advice by vaccination on 07-28-2006 at 06:38 PM

quote:

I see, what were her reactions?

RE: RE: Advice by Vimto on 07-28-2006 at 07:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
quote: