Shoutbox

[REQUEST] Set DP from now playing mp3 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [REQUEST] Set DP from now playing mp3 (/showthread.php?tid=63392)

[REQUEST] Set DP from now playing mp3 by robochief on 07-16-2006 at 06:48 PM

I know that there are a couple of scripts for this purpose, but they don't get the image from the source I need:

I have all my mp3 collection tidely ordered in this structure:

code:
artist\year - album\track - title.mp3
And in each directory (of each album), I have a file named cover.jpg with the album cover.

I want a script that would retrieve from the location of the now playing mp3, the image for the cover, and assign it as the DP.
RE: [REQUEST] Set DP from now playing mp3 by Pho3niX^ReBorN on 07-16-2006 at 06:50 PM

Oh my! That would be sick!  I love this idea!

Or have folder.jpg.  Because I have my music arranged by album in thumbnail view, each folder has a folder.jpg which displays the album cover.

Grrawr...Another idea.  Why not just make it configurable?  Let the user choose what the script is looking for.

RE: [REQUEST] Set DP from now playing mp3 by ins4ne on 07-16-2006 at 06:56 PM

i love that idea... could it be possible to work like WMP? it searches for the covers on the internet and shows them as DP?

RE: [REQUEST] Set DP from now playing mp3 by Pho3niX^ReBorN on 07-16-2006 at 07:02 PM

Mmmm Gracenote...CDDB.. I predict in the future this script will be combined with the Now Playing script by -dt-!  To make Now Displaying Whats Playing...

:-#

RE: [REQUEST] Set DP from now playing mp3 by ins4ne on 07-16-2006 at 07:11 PM

ok... waiting for it ;)

RE: [REQUEST] Set DP from now playing mp3 by Jellings on 07-16-2006 at 07:35 PM

iTunes+ can set display pictures for the current song, although you have to be using iTunes, and you have to have the albumart put into every song by iTunes.

(for those without iTunes and don't know what i mean - itunes can put the art for a song into the mp3 itself, and it's this art that iTunes+ uses to make the display picture)

iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad

RE: [REQUEST] Set DP from now playing mp3 by noroom on 07-16-2006 at 08:00 PM

CD Art Display

Install it, copy the latest build to the program's folder, and set it up.

I doubt any script will do better than this.

RE: RE: [REQUEST] Set DP from now playing mp3 by robochief on 07-16-2006 at 09:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pho3niX^ReBorN
Or have folder.jpg.  Because I have my music arranged by album in thumbnail view, each folder has a folder.jpg which displays the album cover.

Grrawr...Another idea.  Why not just make it configurable?  Let the user choose what the script is looking for.

Sounds nice. Or just by editing in the source code the name to look for. (but being editable by GUI would be great)

quote:
Originally posted by hardc0re
i love that idea... could it be possible to work like WMP? it searches for the covers on the internet and shows them as DP?

I'd rather this 'ideal' script to do nothing else but searching locally the image from the same folder the mp3 is located.
There are already some scripts that look for the album's cover over the inet.

quote:
Originally posted by Pho3niX^ReBorN
Mmmm Gracenote...CDDB.. I predict in the future this script will be combined with the Now Playing script by -dt-!  To make Now Displaying Whats Playing...
The purpose I want this script to have is the same one I explained responding to the previous quote: nothing of searching over the inet. Only on the local hard disk, in the same directory of the file that is being listened to.

quote:
Originally posted by noroom
CD Art Display

Install it, copy the latest build to the program's folder, and set it up.

I doubt any script will do better than this.

Thank you for your response, I appreciate it; but I intend using just a script, no 3rd party utilities.
RE: [REQUEST] Set DP from now playing mp3 by cloudhunter on 07-17-2006 at 01:13 AM

Well it is possible to get the folder where the now playing file is playing from in winamp, (as demonstrated by -dt-'s excellent winamp class) so it should be possible to extrapolate the folder from that. However i'm not sure how this would be accomplished using WMP. It could be possible though to configure the folder however from the script interface, and then look at the media to see where the folder/cover art would be... Which would be player independant. Beyond my talents though ;)

Cloudy