Shoutbox

delay about 25 sec. while openin ms live with plus - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: delay about 25 sec. while openin ms live with plus (/showthread.php?tid=63393)

delay about 25 sec. while openin ms live with plus by agithrax on 07-16-2006 at 06:55 PM

anyone know why its opening too late (25 seconds long) when i use windows live messenger with messenger plus! live?

PS: its not about my pc performance.. i removed messenger plus! live, and then it opened really fast (about 1 sec.)..

RE: delay about 25 sec. while openin ms live with plus by davidb92 on 07-16-2006 at 07:01 PM

Maybe your PC has a memory problem. *-) Try defragmenting, using disk clean up, and maybe an antivirus/spyware scan. Usually works for me.

RE: delay about 25 sec. while openin ms live with plus by ins4ne on 07-16-2006 at 07:02 PM

i have that problem too... sometimes its very fast about 1 sec like you said and sometimes very slow 25-??? secs... i think it has to do with the servers but im not sure...

EDIT:

quote:
Originally posted by davidb92
Maybe your PC has a memory problem. *-) Try defragmenting, using disk clean up, and maybe an antivirus/spyware scan. Usually works for me.
i tried... never helped...
RE: delay about 25 sec. while openin ms live with plus by Pho3niX^ReBorN on 07-16-2006 at 07:04 PM

With plus mine opens in less then one second...logs me in 1 second after that.  Of course my computer is a beast when it comes to loading times.

RE: RE: delay about 25 sec. while openin ms live with plus by agithrax on 07-16-2006 at 07:05 PM

quote:

thanks for your reply but i dont think so.. system is proper now.. i really don't face any problem except that.. (i have 1 gb ram actually)
quote:
Originally posted by hardc0re
i have that problem too... sometimes its very fast about 1 sec like you said and sometimes very slow 25-??? secs... i think it has to do with the servers but im not sure...

EDIT:
quote:
i tried... never helped...

i dont think that is about the servers mate.. i tried removing the plus. after that it worked really fast but i like Plus! ;) thanks for your reply by the way..
RE: delay about 25 sec. while openin ms live with plus by ins4ne on 07-16-2006 at 07:08 PM

ehm... i noticed something in my previous post... i meant the login time not the opening time. the opening time is fine... less then about 5 secs... the login time takes very long sometimes :(

RE: delay about 25 sec. while openin ms live with plus by MX-G on 07-16-2006 at 07:10 PM

agithrax i have a question for you,
do you have Messenger Discovery Installed?, because when it loads with your Windows Live Messenger makes it so slow, i don't think that MsgPlus! Live do that, that's why i'm doing this question for you.

RE: RE: delay about 25 sec. while openin ms live with plus by agithrax on 07-16-2006 at 07:10 PM

quote:
ehm... i noticed something in my previous post... i meant the login time not the opening time. the opening time is fine... less then about 5 secs... the login time takes very long sometimes :(

oh its really bad to see that it seems im the one who experiences this problem :^)
quote:
Originally posted by MX-G
agithrax i have a question for you,
do you have Messenger Discovery Installed?, because when it loads with your Windows Live Messenger makes it so slow, i don't think that MsgPlus! Live do that, that's why i'm doing this question for you.

no i dont use anything except plus.. i have installed windows live messenger once, then i patched it with mess patch ( i dont think that the problem is coming with this patch couse it was working fine before plus) after that i installed plus and thats it.. *-)
RE: RE: delay about 25 sec. while openin ms live with plus by fish-luke on 07-17-2006 at 03:59 PM

quote:

yes i also get this problem only it takes around 2mins to log in!!!
RE: delay about 25 sec. while openin ms live with plus by maicasajusta on 07-17-2006 at 06:19 PM

same problem: with plus (the last  new version) it takes about 2-3 minutes to log-in, without plus it takes 2-3 seconds. please, help!

RE: delay about 25 sec. while openin ms live with plus by Solar on 07-17-2006 at 06:21 PM

I got the same thing, loging in with WLM+ 4.01 takes about 2 minutes :S

Very strange.. I got a second WLM adress and if I log into it on a second window I can login in 1 second..
RE: delay about 25 sec. while openin ms live with plus by Stefanuzz on 07-17-2006 at 06:27 PM

I've got the same problem. I've installed the new version of MsgPlus Live, and it doesn't work anymore, now after 3 minutes i'm finally logged into WLM. But the strangest thing is, i've uninstalled Msgplus, repair WLM, refresh my internet connection, and nothing works..

[Image: msgplusmk3.jpg]

RE: delay about 25 sec. while openin ms live with plus by maicasajusta on 07-17-2006 at 06:31 PM

very very strange: without msg plus installed...I've got same problems (2-3 minutes to log in), so...now I think it should be a server problem, and not regarding plus.

RE: delay about 25 sec. while openin ms live with plus by Stefanuzz on 07-17-2006 at 06:56 PM

Well, it's funny, because before i installed msgplus, i didn't have any problems, and when i wanted to log in, afther the instalation, it didn't work anymore. . strange :)

RE: RE: delay about 25 sec. while openin ms live with plus by maicasajusta on 07-17-2006 at 07:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stefanuzz
Well, it's funny, because before i installed msgplus, i didn't have any problems, and when i wanted to log in, afther the instalation, it didn't work anymore. . strange :)

well, try to uninstall plus and see what happens. to me the problem is still up.
RE: delay about 25 sec. while openin ms live with plus by shetani on 07-17-2006 at 07:13 PM

Having the same problem. Installed both Live messenger and plus and had awful long load time (about 2 minutes). When it finally loaded, only about 10 contacts where there. Uninstalled Plus and it works flawlessly. No idea what the problem is though, apart from that its plus related.

RE: delay about 25 sec. while openin ms live with plus by Solar on 07-18-2006 at 08:16 AM

When I login with a other mail adress I login in a couple of seconds :S

RE: delay about 25 sec. while openin ms live with plus by matty_art on 07-19-2006 at 05:53 PM

I have the problem, it isn't a log-in problem, that works fine, it's the actually launching of WLM.

Since I've installed mspluslive, it takes about 20 odd seconds to launch WLM after clicking on the icon/starting my computer, I've no idea why this is :S

RE: delay about 25 sec. while openin ms live with plus by Patchou on 07-19-2006 at 06:54 PM

Messenger Plus! cannot interfere with the sign-in process of Messenger.

As for launching Messenger, it could be caused by scripts... do you have any installed? if so, try disabling them.

RE: delay about 25 sec. while openin ms live with plus by Sypher on 07-19-2006 at 08:40 PM

As for the "Verbindingsfout" (Connection Error), the servers are having some problems. I think this has something to do with the upgrade to MSNP14 (the protocol) which allows you to communicate with Yahoo contacts.

RE: delay about 25 sec. while openin ms live with plus by tbooh on 07-19-2006 at 11:16 PM

Same thing for me: I installed WLM, then I logged in--> Instantly (That's fine:)). After that, I installed Messenger Plus! Live--> First time it was very long to log in with an hotmail account with only a few contacts. The next loggings are fine now, but when I try with an account with lots of contacts, it is again very long and once logged in, only a few contacts appears:S. When I tried to log again a little while after, some other contacts came back on my list:|.

So, I think that MPL have to check every contact I have when I log in, then it's very long and when the timer of MPL comes to an end, it let me see my contacts, at least, the contacts WLM has time to download.

One more thing (don't know if it can help^o)) : my windows installation is brand new.

Hope this help to resolve the problem!

RE: delay about 25 sec. while openin ms live with plus by soccer_dude_28 on 07-20-2006 at 05:51 AM

just wait 25 seconds! damn ppl are lazy these days.. WLM is free, and its always running fast.. just take what you can get!

RE: RE: delay about 25 sec. while openin ms live with plus by Solar on 07-20-2006 at 08:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by soccer_dude_28
just wait 25 seconds! damn ppl are lazy these days.. WLM is free, and its always running fast.. just take what you can get!

Most of us got a 2 minute wait..
RE: delay about 25 sec. while openin ms live with plus by CookieRevised on 07-20-2006 at 08:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by tbooh
So, I think that MPL have to check every contact I have when I log in, then it's very long and when the timer of MPL comes to an end, it let me see my contacts, at least, the contacts WLM has time to download.
No...

As stated before Messenger Plus! does not influence the sign-in process of Windows Live Messenger.

All the delays you people are experiencing come from Windows Live Messenger itself. This has got nothing todo with Messenger Plus! at all.

Currently there are some local server problems with Windows Live Messenger and that is what causing the sign in delay. Also the fact that Windows Live Messenger needs to refresh the contact list takes time.

If you uninstall Messenger Plus! and the problem seems gone that is only coincidence. Again, Messenger Plus! does not influence the signin process of Windows Live Messenger...

Also see: Connection Error.

PS: what can influence the starting up and signin time are scripts made by people. Disable those scripts in case you have some of them. But note that although this is a possible cause, the most likely cause is as described above.
RE: delay about 25 sec. while openin ms live with plus by tbooh on 07-20-2006 at 10:37 AM

I have 2 computers next to each other (a pc and a laptop:D). When I try to log in with my Hotmail account that has a large number of contacts on my pc (MPL is not installed on this one), everything is OK, but when I try on my laptop (MPL IS installed on it) 5 or 10 seconds later, it takes about 2 or more minutes to log????

Then I try to relog in from my pc and it's fine! :o

Servers of WLM can't be the problem.

Sorry *-), it seems to work today :|!

Hope the problem doesn't come back.

RE: RE: delay about 25 sec. while openin ms live with plus by agithrax on 07-21-2006 at 03:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Messenger Plus! cannot interfere with the sign-in process of Messenger.

As for launching Messenger, it could be caused by scripts... do you have any installed? if so, try disabling them.

Firstly, i want to say very very thank you for this great program and thanks for your support.

I tried to remove the scripts (2 of them was installed) and tried to opening WLM with Plus! and it took 25 sec. again..

After i had uninstalled Plus!, it (WLM) became working proper and fast.

P.S. : People dont bother this topic about login delay or server problems please, that problem is not the one i am talking about..
RE: delay about 25 sec. while openin ms live with plus by Patchou on 07-21-2006 at 04:11 PM

agithrax: please send me an email to mplus@patchou.com and we'll work on that together.

RE: delay about 25 sec. while openin ms live with plus by omarplay on 01-10-2009 at 01:57 PM

Has this problem been resolved yet? I'm having the exact same problem. My WLM starts extremely slow (20-30 seconds - that's a long time if you think about it) when I have Messenger Plus installed, but when I uninstall it then my WLM loads within 3 seconds :| very strange.

I remember having this problem before.. but somehow I fixed it. I remember searching for everything on my HD related to 'msn' and 'windows live' and deleted everything that showed up, and after that it was perfect. But now I have the same problem again (because I installed a fresh copy of XP Pro) but this time I can't get it to start faster :S

I don't know if your going to look into this just because one person (myself) has experienced this problem and it may just be my laptop alone, but I'm sure there are other people who experience this problem as well as me, but go along with it and think it's natural - when it's not!

Thank you in advance.

P.s - i cannot wait for Messenger Plus 4.8! :P

RE: delay about 25 sec. while openin ms live with plus by NanoChromatic on 01-10-2009 at 03:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by omarplay
Has this problem been resolved yet? I'm having the exact same problem. My WLM starts extremely slow (20-30 seconds - that's a long time if you think about it) when I have Messenger Plus installed, but when I uninstall it then my WLM loads within 3 seconds :| very strange.

I remember having this problem before.. but somehow I fixed it. I remember searching for everything on my HD related to 'msn' and 'windows live' and deleted everything that showed up, and after that it was perfect. But now I have the same problem again (because I installed a fresh copy of XP Pro) but this time I can't get it to start faster :S

I don't know if your going to look into this just because one person (myself) has experienced this problem and it may just be my laptop alone, but I'm sure there are other people who experience this problem as well as me, but go along with it and think it's natural - when it's not!

Thank you in advance.

Holy... Nice Necro post. Anyway, Same thing happens to me, Its annoying.
Hope this is fixed.

RE: RE: delay about 25 sec. while openin ms live with plus by tbooh on 01-10-2009 at 10:47 PM

Hello,

I don't know how I resolved that problem, but it seams to disapear when you doesn't close MSN for a while. Messenger Plus! Live must do something with each contact when it logs for the first times.

Hope it doesn't stay that long for you!

quote:
Originally posted by omarplay

Thank you in advance.

RE: delay about 25 sec. while openin ms live with plus by omarplay on 01-20-2009 at 09:35 PM

I guess no one is going to bother with this problem eh since it's only a few people who have it... 8-)

RE: delay about 25 sec. while openin ms live with plus by Patchou on 01-22-2009 at 02:23 AM

If you have this problem constantly, please send me an email to mplus-support@patchou.com and I'll see if we can work something out together.

RE: delay about 25 sec. while openin ms live with plus by janlukaz on 01-22-2009 at 12:51 PM

I don't know if this helps, but couldn't it be the MsgPlus! looking for an update, cause if so it would explain. I know MsgPlus! doesn't check for updates that often, so the oneshaving that problem could try logging in several times to be sure the delay always happen or just happen once or twice.