Shoutbox

[Beta Release] Myspace + NOW WITH MSAGENT! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Beta Release] Myspace + NOW WITH MSAGENT! (/showthread.php?tid=63408)

[Beta Release] Myspace + NOW WITH MSAGENT! by BstrdSmkr on 07-17-2006 at 03:40 AM

ok guys, here it is, the first Beta of Myspace +  (formerly NWA).  It's purpose is to alert you with a toast whenever you recieve a new message, friend request, blog post, or other such event on www.myspace.com    this is just a functional beta version, so don't expect anything too spactacular :)  credits and etc to those who were a big help in the coding will be added to the first full release.   Please let me know if you find a bug (probably quite a few lol), have a suggestion, feature request, etc.  Enjoy! 

TODO List:
1. add count checking;  current vs last--fixed! only alerts you to msgs/posts that the script hasn't seen before
2. add option for constant alert-----------fixed--sort of.  added toast when logging into myspace for the first time
3. add comment checking
4. add picture comment checking
5. fix password obfuscation----------------fixed! now hides ur password when typing
6. change NWA's to Myspace+------------fixed!
7. fix prefs window labeling----------------fixed! should now display correctly on all resolutions.

KNOWN BUGS:
1. "forgets" login information if you stop and restart the script, other than signing out/exiting WLM

the ms agent version attached is more alpha than beta and has a few (not dangerous, just annoying) quirks.  but it still works :D

RE: [Beta Release] Myspace + by qgroessl on 07-17-2006 at 04:05 AM

The tickerbox things dissappeared when I put in my login information, they reappeared when I tabbed onto them...

Oh, and when you have no new messages/bullietens/etc, there should be a toast saying that... cause otherwise i don't have a clue if it's working.

RE: [Beta Release] Myspace + by BstrdSmkr on 07-17-2006 at 04:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by UTI
The tickerbox things dissappeared when I put in my login information, they reappeared when I tabbed onto them...

Oh, and when you have no new messages/bullietens/etc, there should be a toast saying that... cause otherwise i don't have a clue if it's working.

check the plus menu to see your current totals, otherwise it would pop off a toast everytime the interval came around. trust me, 5 toasts every minute gets old _VERY_ quick lol. 

as for the check boxes, i can't seem to recreate this behavior, although trying to think what might cause it, it may not happen again once you've set everything the first time b/c on the first run there are no settings for it to apply.  let me know if it goes away :)  i'll keep trying to recreate it

RE: [Beta Release] Myspace + by P4R4D0x on 07-17-2006 at 10:24 AM

What about comments?

RE: [Beta Release] Myspace + by Jellings on 07-17-2006 at 10:48 AM

When it checked my myspace i got a lot of toasts - too many for my screen, and they were about old messages i'd already checked a few hours ago. The "you have 1 new message" toast came up repeatedly until it went off the screen :s (screenshot)

Oh, and a comment and pic comment checker would be really nice.

+maybe there could be just one toast with something like:
"1M, 2FR, 3B, 4E, 5BL, 6C, 7PC"
With a key telling you what they mean in a help window:
(M-Messages, FR-Friend Requests, B-Blogs, E-Events, BL-Blogs, C-Comments, PC-Pic Comments)
just an idea to save the screen being flooded with posts.

RE: [Beta Release] Myspace + by qgroessl on 07-17-2006 at 03:50 PM

Yes... I know... double post :dodgy:... but I managed to recreate it now.... and even though my log in information is right, it doesn't seem to work?... at all...

EDIT:... now it all seems to work perfectly fine? :p just took a little while longer than I expected.

RE: [Beta Release] Myspace + by BstrdSmkr on 07-17-2006 at 03:59 PM

@ P4R4D0x  &  Jellings--   comment and pic checker are on the todo list :D

@ Jellings--  i found the problem, its popping a toast for every page of messages you have, i'm going to set it to check the current msg count vs the last msg count and only pop is its greater. only drawback (feature?) is that will only alert you once, after that you'll have to look at the menu to see your count.  could miss it if your afk, etc

@ UTI--   i'll out the option on the todo list, it'll take some time b/c i'll have to restructure the count checking

i'll start on this when i get off work tonight!

{EDIT}  UTI--   i think i found the problem, my XML is le poopoo lol. try increasing your screen resolution and see if it doesn't go away. if that fixes it, then i can fix the problem tonight when i get home

RE: [Beta Release] Myspace + by x_master_r on 07-17-2006 at 06:09 PM

what's NWA's :$

RE: RE: [Beta Release] Myspace + by ben_b on 07-17-2006 at 07:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by x_master_r
what's NWA's :$

Never Work Again

Do you think we could hide the value in the password field? In the menu, if the option for something isn't checked you should probably remove that item from the menu. What happenends if you check something to enable it but leave the value at 0? To solve the problem of missing the toast you could have an option to keep showing it ever x minutes until you click it (make optional in options, also I don't think you can do this but if you can just have it display it until you click it (to go to page and stop toasts) or right-click it (to hide and stop toasts)).

Also... the options dialog shouldn't let you open it more than once at a time.
RE: [Beta Release] Myspace + by cloudhunter on 07-18-2006 at 02:01 AM

I think what UTI suggested about a toast for no new messages is a good idea... Maybe when the script is first started, or first logged in rather (or on messenger sign in...), it pops up a toast saying you have no new messages? Just a thought ;)

Cloudy

RE: [Beta Release] Myspace + by qgroessl on 07-18-2006 at 02:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by cloudhunter
or first logged in rather (or on messenger sign in...), it pops up a toast saying you have no new messages?
I agree with that actually... Cause then I know it's still working properly... and i don't have to restart the script or anything.
RE: [Beta Release] Myspace + by BstrdSmkr on 07-18-2006 at 03:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ben_b
Never Work Again
Do you think we could hide the value in the password field? In the menu, if the option for something isn't checked you should probably remove that item from the menu. What happenends if you check something to enable it but leave the value at 0? To solve the problem of missing the toast you could have an option to keep showing it ever x minutes until you click it (make optional in options, also I don't think you can do this but if you can just have it display it until you click it (to go to page and stop toasts) or right-click it (to hide and stop toasts)).

i'm working on the password obfuscation now, but my xml is crappy, i'm trying to learn and implement it at the same time lol.  i'd like to have the alert stay until you dismiss it, but i think it'll have to be done in xml, which is again, not my strong suite.  unless someone else w/ a lil more experience is interested in doing a little xml coding :D

Minor updates finished and released, see first post!
RE: [Beta Release] Myspace + by qgroessl on 07-18-2006 at 04:19 PM

So now that I got Myspace Plus (the new version)... It's not letting me remove NeverWorkAgain... It says "The Script Directory could not be deleted. Some files may be opened or locked"... I stopped the script before attempting to remove, tried closing all my IE/ffx windows... Still won't remove?

RE: RE: [Beta Release] Myspace + by BstrdSmkr on 07-18-2006 at 04:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by UTI
So now that I got Myspace Plus (the new version)... It's not letting me remove NeverWorkAgain... It says "The Script Directory could not be deleted. Some files may be opened or locked"... I stopped the script before attempting to remove, tried closing all my IE/ffx windows... Still won't remove?

yeah, it did that to me too, i have no idea why : \  exit messenger, delete the NWA folder and restart messenger, and it should be gone.  i think its because the script runs on initalize.  sorry for the inconvienence :(
RE: [Beta Release] Myspace + by qgroessl on 07-18-2006 at 04:57 PM

No problem... :p... Thanks though for the solution... I figured that might do the trick... was just too lazy to do it at the moment, and wasn't sure exactly

RE: [Beta Release] Myspace + by BstrdSmkr on 07-19-2006 at 06:51 PM

updated a few things. fixed password obfuscation, solved UTI's problem w/ checkboxes, see first post for newest version.  keep up the good work guys!

RE: [Beta Release] Myspace + by jmccarroll on 07-28-2006 at 04:32 AM

Any new developments here? I was using the notification emails from myspace to know when I got new messages, comments, etc. but I have stopped receiving emails for messages for some reason so now this script becomes more valuable to me, especially if you can include the comment thing.

RE: [Beta Release] Myspace + by qgroessl on 07-28-2006 at 04:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jmccarroll
but I have stopped receiving emails for messages for some reason

Did you check your settings on myspace... if they're still set to send you notification emails... disable then reenable them... also try clearing your cookings/ cache and stuff like that.
RE: RE: [Beta Release] Myspace + by jmccarroll on 07-28-2006 at 04:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by UTI
quote:
Originally posted by jmccarroll
but I have stopped receiving emails for messages for some reason

Did you check your settings on myspace... if they're still set to send you notification emails... disable then reenable them... also try clearing your cookings/ cache and stuff like that.

Alright all of those are done.  I checked to make sure they were still enabled earlier, so now I disabled and then re-enabled.  Cleared cache.  I guess I'll wait and see.

Could it have anything to do with mobile settings?
RE: [Beta Release] Myspace + by qgroessl on 07-28-2006 at 04:46 AM

Possibly... I'm not sure how those work... if you set them it could send them to your mobile instead of your email...

RE: [Beta Release] Myspace + by BstrdSmkr on 07-28-2006 at 03:04 PM

ok, i was saving this one until i got all the bugs worked out, but if you don't mind a few quirks (read:  odd extra words in the word balloons, not always taking you to the part of myspace you were expecting)  then i s'pose its ok to let the cat outta the bag early :)  the expieremental "MS Agent" version will be attached to the first post.

the comment checking part is proving to be more difficult than i thought, as myspace only shows a certain number of them on your front page. however, i should have it together before too terribly long : \

hope this will help in the mean time :D

RE: [Beta Release] Myspace + NOW WITH MSAGENT! by P4R4D0x on 07-31-2006 at 12:56 PM

Update?

RE: [Beta Release] Myspace + NOW WITH MSAGENT! by cloudhunter on 08-02-2006 at 01:27 AM

Might I suggest a feature to turn off the agent? It gets a bit annoying (I know from my experience of programming the agent ;)) Apologies if it is already in there, haven't downloaded it yet.

Cloudy

RE: [Beta Release] Myspace + NOW WITH MSAGENT! by problem-solver-wlm on 08-10-2006 at 01:01 PM

www.bebo.com need doing i dont use my space never will but bebo i use and it will be brill if someone could make this