Shoutbox

[Request] auto away (personal status) on idle. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Request] auto away (personal status) on idle. (/showthread.php?tid=63425)

[Request] auto away (personal status) on idle. by ezkim0x on 07-17-2006 at 08:53 AM

I'd really like a script made so that when you're away from the computer for a set amount of time, or when your screensaver comes on.. whichever is easier.. it will change your status to a personalized status you have in plus!

this use to be possible on the old versions before live, dunno why it wasn't included in live.

RE: [Request] auto away (personal status) on idle. by xJ + on 07-17-2006 at 09:13 AM

it's included in Live.
go to Customize! > Personalize status

RE: [Request] auto away (personal status) on idle. by ezkim0x on 07-17-2006 at 04:25 PM

personalized status is.

making it auto choose a personalized status on idle isn't.

RE: [Request] auto away (personal status) on idle. by CanadianOriginal on 07-17-2006 at 07:36 PM

He's right. There used to be a feature in Plus that allowed to set a personalized status afer X minutes of inactivity.

In essence, it was just like the MSN Messenger "Show me as Away" feature, but you could choose other built in statuses, or a personalized one. The 2 features could be used independantly.

I, too, would like to see this feature return.

RE: [Request] auto away (personal status) on idle. by ezkim0x on 08-21-2006 at 07:04 PM

bump

RE: [Request] auto away (personal status) on idle. by craigosaurous on 08-23-2006 at 12:30 PM

I've been working on a script to set the away notification on the computer, after being idle for a preset number of seconds.
Idle detection is done by sensing mouse movement or keyboard input.

The script is still a little rough around the edges, it seems to be working the way I want it to.
It doesn't have a menu to set the times yet.

If your interested I can upload it.

Cheers,
  Craig

RE: [Request] auto away (personal status) on idle. by ezkim0x on 08-23-2006 at 07:11 PM

I am definitely interested.. I can just change the time in the actual script until you get a menu if you plan on making one?

if not it really doesn't matter, cause it's not like i'd be changing it all the time.

RE: [Request] auto away (personal status) on idle. by craigosaurous on 08-24-2006 at 02:15 AM

Here is the current version, idle time is currently set to 5 minutes.
Change the AwayTime variable to adjust number of seconds to wait.

Let me know what you think.

RE: [Request] auto away (personal status) on idle. by ezkim0x on 08-24-2006 at 11:02 AM

tested it out and works fine..

only other thing I'd want it to do is be able to select what status you want..

ie; instead of going away, choose a personalized status.

RE: [Request] auto away (personal status) on idle. by ezkim0x on 09-21-2006 at 04:40 PM

bump