Shoutbox

Should the auto-hey and auto-Im-Ok scripts work with ? or ! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Should the auto-hey and auto-Im-Ok scripts work with ? or ! (/showthread.php?tid=63450)

Should the auto-hey and auto-Im-Ok scripts work with ? or ! by Melarish on 07-17-2006 at 02:59 PM

I have tested them both and it seems that if I write hey/how r u/how are you they both work fine but then I use question/exclamation marks, they do not work. I tried editing the script but then it started working double >_< Anyone know what may be wrong?

RE: Should the auto-hey and auto-Im-Ok scripts work with ? or ! by Melarish on 07-18-2006 at 06:55 PM

Another question about the auto-scripts. Do my own messages trigger it in conversations with more than 2 people? It just happened and one simple brb resulted in 16 cyas from me >_>
*still waiting for an answer to my previous q*

RE: Should the auto-hey and auto-Im-Ok scripts work with ? or ! by cloudhunter on 07-19-2006 at 12:37 AM

Well without the script and how you changed it we can't really help you. I'm not sure, but maybe in a conversation with 2 people the origin doesn't work properly... I think I remember reading something about that but don't take it as gospel truth.

And as for the ? and ! If the script was edited, it should be able to filter them out. Not sure how though ;) Probably involves using regexp which is totally incomprehensible to me at the moment :P

Cloudy

RE: Should the auto-hey and auto-Im-Ok scripts work with ? or ! by Silentdragon on 07-19-2006 at 12:40 AM

if(origin != Messenger.MyName)
{
//do the stuff
}

As for the punctuation well I dunno the code or how it does it, but something like
message.match(/^hey\b/i) or something like that should do a check for hey with punctuation.

RE: Should the auto-hey and auto-Im-Ok scripts work with ? or ! by segosa on 07-19-2006 at 04:44 AM

The reason the script is messing up is unfortunately because it is badly coded. I think you'd be better off making a request for a person who's capable of programming to create one which works properly.