Shoutbox

Quick Icons - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Quick Icons (/showthread.php?tid=63471)

Quick Icons by CanadianOriginal on 07-17-2006 at 07:22 PM

First off, thank you to Patchou for re-adding the Quick Icons panel so soon. As you know it was sorely missed!

if I may suggest a few improvements:

- Previously there was a user-definable shortcut key to bring up the Quick Icons panel. Could this be re-implemented?

- It would be practical to be able to select multiple emoticons at once when adding them to a custom window.

RE: Quick Icons by MannX on 07-17-2006 at 07:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CanadianOriginal
First off, thank you to Patchou for re-adding the Quick Icons panel so soon. As you know it was sorely missed!

if I may suggest a few improvements:

- Previously there was a user-definable shortcut key to bring up the Quick Icons panel. Could this be re-implemented?

- It would be practical to be able to select multiple emoticons at once when adding them to a custom window.

I totally agree with you pal, i also miss those 2 features that makes easier the quick icons panel  :P
RE: Quick Icons by Keikonium on 07-18-2006 at 08:48 AM

Selecting multiple emoticons would be awesome :O! Both those suggustions would be great actually. Good thinking, I hope they are both added (at least the second one for sure (A)).

RE: Quick Icons by Chris4 on 07-18-2006 at 08:56 AM

You can always type '(' to bring up the Quick Icons Panel?

Or go to Plus! Preferences > Conversations > Quick Icons > and tick 'Replace Messenger's emoticon panel with the Quick Icons panel. This way you can access it by clicking the emoticons panel in conversation.

I agree on the multiple emoticons though, although most people don't add more then 1 emoticon at a time to a single message.

RE: Quick Icons by andrey on 07-18-2006 at 12:17 PM

also, in MsgPlus!3 you could switch between the panels by using the 1-9 (or was it F1-F...? can't remember) keys, would be nice to have that back, as it's quite long winded to tab your way through the dropdown menu to the next panel :tongue:
and yes, i'm too lazy to use my mouse..

RE: Quick Icons by dbgarza on 07-18-2006 at 07:24 PM

I agree with both suggestion, it sure would make this wonderful feature even better :)

RE: Quick Icons by Patchou on 07-18-2006 at 07:57 PM

note: if you select to replace Messenger's emotionicon panel with the Quick Icons panel (in the preferenes), then you can simply use Ctrl+E to bring it up.

RE: RE: Quick Icons by [Tin_Man] on 07-19-2006 at 12:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
note: if you select to replace Messenger's emotionicon panel with the Quick Icons panel (in the preferenes), then you can simply use Ctrl+E to bring it up.

but in MP!3 after we open the Plus! emotion panel, we can change between the different customized panels by pressing F1 to F9 I think...
Now we need to go to the combo with the mouse, or else use the Tab to select the combo box and then array keys...

Sorry for poor english...
RE: RE: Quick Icons by CanadianOriginal on 07-22-2006 at 03:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou

Good point, Ptachou. Merci! I hadn't thought of that.

One more thing I want to mention... the use of the CTRL key can work both ways (and I just realized this). First, when adding emoticons to custom panels in the actual Plus! Emoticon Panel configuration, and secondly when in a conversation and you want to send multiple emoticons.

My suggestion originally applied to the former, but the responses on this thread have made me realize that the 2 implementations would work.
RE: Quick Icons by Dyegov on 07-23-2006 at 09:48 PM

I would really appreciate the second suggestion (I'm not lazy enough to use the mouse, so I don't have problems with the first one), it makes things easier to be able to put more than one emoticon at the same tine ;)

RE: Quick Icons by ac1314520 on 09-10-2006 at 11:38 AM

im not sure if here is the right place to bring it up,
but im wondering if its possible to make the custom emotion screen bigger?
sorta used to all the emotions all on 1 page instead of scrolling down T_T
thanx >"<