Shoutbox

[Request] Mass Spam - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Request] Mass Spam (/showthread.php?tid=63517)

[Request] Mass Spam by DennisMartijn on 07-18-2006 at 08:37 AM

a script, when enabled, wich allows you to send any message x times.with a configuration window, where you can choose a delay, and how many times the message is send.

enable trough the plus! logo, then send a message to someone, then it will be send x times, with the delay you choose (how many time between each time a spam message is send).

RE: [Request] Mass Spam by Jellings on 07-18-2006 at 09:00 AM

There is a limit of how many messages a script can send in a row (i think it's 14) so a script would not be a very good way to spam people.
And many developers are against spamming anyway, so i doubt this will be made.

RE: [Request] Mass Spam by ddunk on 07-18-2006 at 09:01 AM

And then everybody on your contact list can block you, YAY!

RE: [Request] Mass Spam by Keikonium on 07-18-2006 at 09:04 AM

If I could script, I'd make it for you, but I can't :(. I can only modify sent text and make commands lol. Not sure how to do anything else (A).

But this script would be rather annoying, and most likely get some people angry with you... even enough to block you for a while lol.

You can always just type a message, and copy and paste it as many times as you'd like if you really wanna annoy someone. If you want it for many people (everyone you are chatting with) just do this:

/all *message*

I think that would work :P. Have fun annoying the hell out of people lol :-#.

RE: [Request] Mass Spam by Jellings on 07-18-2006 at 09:13 AM

If you really want to get people annoyed or blocking you - you could try editing the mocker script to repeat what your contact says ten times instead of once or something.
Just an idea - i'm not going to do it cause i'm not very experienced at scripting and to be honest i really don't like the idea of there being too many "annoyance scripts" around.

RE: [Request] Mass Spam by Ezra on 07-18-2006 at 09:14 AM

I think a better idea for a script is to automaticly block people that flood you with messages ;)

RE: [Request] Mass Spam by RaceProUK on 07-18-2006 at 10:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jellings
There is a limit of how many messages a script can send in a row (i think it's 14)
There may also be a server-imposed limit, with the express aim of preventing flooding.
RE: RE: [Request] Mass Spam by Jellings on 07-18-2006 at 11:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by RaceProUK
quote:
Originally posted by Jellings
There is a limit of how many messages a script can send in a row (i think it's 14)
There may also be a server-imposed limit, with the express aim of preventing flooding.

There is, i'm not sure what the limit is - but it can be got around by putting a delay of about half a second to a second between messages. (or at least that's how i've seen it got around by other scripts such as the fileserver script)
RE: [Request] Mass Spam by cloudhunter on 07-19-2006 at 01:20 AM

Making a script like this shouldn't be to hard to do... I know i've made one ;) Basically getting the arguements to a command using message.split(" ") and using the ChatWnd.Sendmessage to send the message.

Cloudy

RE: [Request] Mass Spam by CookieRevised on 07-19-2006 at 03:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DennisMartijn
a script, when enabled, wich allows you to send any message x times.
With all due respect but please stop asking people to create message spam scripts, popup flooders, fake block checkers and what not....

This forum isn't for making stuff to annoying your contacts. Such stuff is not appreciated at all. If you still want to continue in this dodgy way, I'd suggest to learn how to script yourself.
RE: [Request] Mass Spam by Volv on 07-19-2006 at 10:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
With all due respect but please stop asking people to create message spam scripts, popup flooders, fake block checkers and what not....

This forum isn't for making stuff to annoying your contacts. Such stuff is not appreciated at all. If you still want to continue in this dodgy way, I'd suggest to learn how to script yourself.
Well said.
RE: [Request] Mass Spam by cloudhunter on 07-19-2006 at 04:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised

I tend to agree. The scripting system is so simple that you could make this script very easily. However, once you've made it, don't release it here, as it isn't welcome.

Cloudy