Shoutbox

Help please: I have a window that keeps opening every time I restart or start compute - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Help please: I have a window that keeps opening every time I restart or start compute (/showthread.php?tid=63532)

Help please: I have a window that keeps opening every time I restart or start compute by justmehere on 07-18-2006 at 11:26 AM

I have a window that keeps opening every time I restart or start computer. I've had it happen before, I just can't remember how to stop this from happening. I'm running XP. Any help will be grateful

RE: Help Please by Kenji on 07-18-2006 at 11:27 AM

Whats the window say?

(post a screen shot if you can)

RE: Help Please by Chris4 on 07-18-2006 at 11:30 AM

Start > Run > type msconfig > go to the Startup tab

Untick anything you don't want running at startup (keeping in mind you know what it is that your stopping). If you see the 'thing' that keeps popping up, untick it.

A screenshot, or what the window says, like Dazmatic said, would help a lot.

RE: Help Please by justmehere on 07-18-2006 at 12:27 PM

Thank you...feels real stupid forgetting how...lol

RE: Help please: I have a window that keeps opening every time I restart or start com by ryxdp on 08-07-2006 at 10:24 AM

A harder way would be to f around in the registry:P

WHAT?! its possible, I've done it time and time again.

RE: Help please: I have a window that keeps opening every time I restart or start compute by RaceProUK on 08-07-2006 at 12:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
Start > Run > type msconfig > go to the Startup tab

Untick anything you don't want running at startup (keeping in mind you know what it is that your stopping). If you see the 'thing' that keeps popping up, untick it.

A screenshot, or what the window says, like Dazmatic said, would help a lot.
That won't necessarily work for all startup items, as there are a good dozen or so places startup items are located.

A better way would be to try and determine the program the window belongs to, and remove the program.